Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

Dangit, just after I said to myself "Well, I'm officially done trying to get Bandai talks."

I don't think I'll be jumping onto the preorder wagon this time, though - considering the last few releases.

Looking forward to a sharper scan, so we can see the head clearly & the profile shot.

Edited by Kelsain

Ha, I overlooked the DX in the text. I was probably distracted by the images. You can't blame me for that! ^_^

Cannot wait to preorder it since I already have a place for the Valk in my display cabinets (the VF-27 Super Parts have to move!).

I'd love to see more images from the back and the side. The renders look a bit funky. I'm getting a SV-51 vibe from it. Need a better picture from the head. Hopefully the final product will look like the model from the game. There are a few markings missing in the render but I'm not worried.

I wonder if the preorder madness will continue. I hoped for a VF-25S reissue before that to test the water a bit.

The aircraft mode looks awesome! The side view of the Battroid mode really looks funky... they really don't know what to do with the wings. Nice colour scheme too, I'm definitely looking forward to this one, just hope there isn't that pre-order madness to go through (which is likely since this is a hero VF and its the first issue, the Bandai stuff has only been available since the "reissue"). I also hope this doesn't require a "reissue" to fix it. (kind of burnt by Bandai once too many).

I don't think it will be madness, only people familiar with M30 even know the existence of the 30.

It's not from a movie, and it doesn't have "Alto" or "Ozma" attached to it.

I wonder if this will be Leon's custom or just the standard paint scheme?

Either way I'm in on this.

From the side view the backpack looks really odd. I assume it will look better in person when you don't have to look at the straight from the side angle. The tail fins are similar in design to the ones from the YF-29. I don't understand why Kawamori didn't engineered a mechanism that enables the fins to slide into the backpack and thus allowing for a sleeker look.

Is it possible that Bandai will offer more modules for the giant weapon rack on the back? I've never played Macross 30 so does the YF-30 has other accessory than the micro missile launcher in the game?

If I get one the beam gun-pod will be closed all the time. It just looks more wicked closed in the black color scheme then the one from the YF-29. It also helps to differentiate it form the Durandal.

Hmm... Why does the CAD images have what looks like a finished color scheme and is quite different from the official and in-game scheme?

I think that is due to the YF-30 still being in the development state. I'm sure they will add the missing marks because the YF-30 looks really bland without them. ^_^

Don't let me down on this Bandai!

Honestly I can't imagine Bandai releasing anything that differs from the in-game appearance. For this they need all the recognition from fans that they can get because:

I don't think it will be madness, only people familiar with M30 even know the existence of the 30.

It's not from a movie, and it doesn't have "Alto" or "Ozma" attached to it.

I wonder if this will be Leon's custom or just the standard paint scheme?

Either way I'm in on this.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ooooo i love staying up pre-order night, even if this might be widely avail later, i like the Black Friday-ish early bird rush. Just hate it if i miss the initial pre-orders... Just for once i'd like to see if i can get the yf-30 @ amiami first round. That's the real prize.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think the Tamashii Nations event starts on November the first not the preorders. I assume the will show a prototype there (hopefully) as well as an announcement for the VF-25 Tornado Packs and the S-H-Monsterarts Vajra. :D

Or if it will be a Tamashii Web exclusive or a regular release. :)

I tend towards a regular release but we will see.

Or does it state Tamashii Web Exclusive somewhere and I overlooked valuable information AGAIN! :angry:

It looks really back heavy looking at the side view, but it's an awesome design, I like it a lot. Can't wait for Nov 1st. If we get a release date we can infer the pro-order date.

As I said in the other thread, I'm still hoping Bandai surprise us with something else, like a 171 Elint.

Edited by 3D-Brainx