Bandai DX YF-30 Chronos

UN Spacy

It would strike me as somewhat odd if it was for a kit, given that Bandai has seemingly all but abandoned the Frontier model line in terms of producing new molds and toolings. Why would they produce a 1/72 kit of the YF-30 when they haven't even made a transforming kit in that scale of the YF-29?

They're still actively releasing Macross related DX Chogokin, that seems by and large the more obvious choice here.

I'm currently playing through the game a second time, and one thing I've noticed that bothers me about the transformation, is the tail wings, and how they just kinda stay attached by a small connection point. I don't know how accurate the game is, but if it is, the tail wings are oddly positioned in Battroid, and just stand out like a sore thumb. Front looks great, but the back of the battroid looks like a hot mess (insert Jack-in-the-Box Hot mess song here).

Have to agree about that one, the transformation leaves the tails and wings in a really awkward position. Though, I do appreciate the fact that it's not another copy of the VF-25. It's a lot closer to the SV-51. The way the legs are attached, this design might even be one few valks where you can build in a true waist pivot.

I do think the giant missile pod looks awkward though. Really, it's part of why I really would prefer a kit of this one... I've got no attachment to battroid mode, so I'd just leave it as a fighter all the time.

Sad thing about the way the game works is that since the YF-30 has no super pack designed for it (that I know of), it's easily outclassed by lower level valks in terms of game stats. You're just locked into using it because it carries some kind of plot device. :p

If bandai wants to make more money though, they NEED to issue more stuff from the game. I would gladly shell out a premium to get ahold of Isamu's custom YF-29.

Edited by Chronocidal

Ditto, I think I want an Isamu custom YF-29 toy more than a YF-30 toy.

I do think after the VF-171 cannon fodder and YF-30, I'll probably be out of the VF toy collecting business, unless Arcadia does start making Macross toys. I've had enough of Bandai's shenanigans.

Graham

Have to agree about that one, the transformation leaves the tails and wings in a really awkward position. Though, I do appreciate the fact that it's not another copy of the VF-25. It's a lot closer to the SV-51. The way the legs are attached, this design might even be one few valks where you can build in a true waist pivot.

I do think the giant missile pod looks awkward though. Really, it's part of why I really would prefer a kit of this one... I've got no attachment to battroid mode, so I'd just leave it as a fighter all the time.

Sad thing about the way the game works is that since the YF-30 has no super pack designed for it (that I know of), it's easily outclassed by lower level valks in terms of game stats. You're just locked into using it because it carries some kind of plot device. :p

If bandai wants to make more money though, they NEED to issue more stuff from the game. I would gladly shell out a premium to get ahold of Isamu's custom YF-29.

Yup, Isamu's YF-29 is awesome. I do like the original color scheme of the YF-30, but I also like the blue colored variant. It does look a bit awkward in fighter mode with the missile pod up. Not very aerodynamic, but I wouldn't display it like that anyways. Not to go off topic, but I did unlock the VB-6. Kills things extremely quick.

Ditto, I think I want an Isamu custom YF-29 toy more than a YF-30 toy. I do think after the VF-171 cannon fodder and YF-30, I'll probably be out of the VF toy collecting business, unless Arcadia does start making Macross toys. I've had enough of Bandai's shenanigans. Graham

Me too. The Isamu YF-29 and Ozma YF-29 look more appealing than the YF-30. I like it that Kawamori (think he did the design?) cared to redesign custom heads too, not just the colors.

Ditto, I think I want an Isamu custom YF-29 toy more than a YF-30 toy. I do think after the VF-171 cannon fodder and YF-30, I'll probably be out of the VF toy collecting business, unless Arcadia does start making Macross toys. I've had enough of Bandai's shenanigans. Graham

This is pretty much where I stand, I have my RVF-25 on pre-order. That's all I really need to complete my squad, but I would not mind securing a Super VF-27. The rest are just extra gravy. If Arcadia continues to release Mac toys then I guess I will keep on buying, knowing I can get one without all of the extra anxiety, stress and sleepless nights.

I'm curious about the blue YF-30. But I too, want Isamu's -29 above all else.

There's five paint schemes for the YF-30, but on all of them except for the last, the only thing that changes is the color of the red striping on the default. The last scheme is an overall deep red.

Anyway, yeah. If you look really closely, Isamu added a bayonet to his gunpod too. :lol: I seriously want his, but I think I'd even shell out for the blue version of Alto's scheme you can get in the game. If you mix and match the parts between the Alto and Sheryl decal YF-29 1/100 kits, you can actually get close to that scheme easily.

post-907-0-36088500-1362976587_thumb.jpg

I will not, however, EVER understand why someone had the urge to texture up a bunch of valks in plaid for the game. All those slots for good paintschemes wasted. <_<

&nbsp;

Ditto, I think I want an Isamu custom YF-29 toy more than a YF-30 toy.I do think after the VF-171 cannon fodder and YF-30, I'll probably be out of the VF toy collecting business, unless Arcadia does start making Macross toys. I've had enough of Bandai's shenanigans.Graham

I hope Arcadia makes a TV SDF-1 for once, even though I did say I am now out of collecting VF's due to lack of space I'll make room for that

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

The Bandai 30th Anniversary YF-29 color scheme should be in the game. You would think that would be a no brainer. Hopefully it will be available as DLC.

Graham

I think they would choose to exclude it since they chose to exclude Focker and it's an homage to his scheme that is already selling better than expected.

I think they would choose to exclude it since they chose to exclude Focker and it's an homage to his scheme that is already selling better than expected.

But they have Roy's VF-1S with Strike Packs in the game as well as Roy's VF-0S... makes no sense lol

Edited by Duymon