Which one should come down?

logos

Which one Should come down for the VF-4?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these should come down to make room for my VF-4 that should be coming in the mail soon?

So my VF-4 was shipped today. Now I need to decide which of the 3 in my office is coming down to make room.

1 - VF-19 Fire Valkyrie

2 - Marcoss SDF-1

3 - Devastator (He just recently replaced the Macross Quarter)

Which do you think should come down to make room?

Sorry Guys made a mistake it's a VF-4 not VF-1........still think the fog from Christmas is affecting my Brain.

post-9075-0-03207100-1356630358_thumb.jpg

Here are a couple of more pics as well.

post-9075-0-19796300-1356631023_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-32038700-1356631116_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Devastator/Herculess

Devastator as in original transformers devastator? Or the not devastator/hercules?

Devastator/Hercules of course. The orginal Devastator dosen't even compare to the beauties I have up there now.

I say Devastator, only because I don't like Tansformersâ„¢

Ah but it is not a TransformerTM it's a TFC Hercules........ :lol:

Yeah I know splitting hairs there. Anyway I've been adding some Masterpiece and other Transformers to my collection after picking up some of the Masterpiece Seekers and some of the Generations reimaginings of the old G1 and G2 toys. What can I say I am a sucker for new transforming robots from the 80s....and GI Joes........maybe my habit is getting a bit out of hand. Ah well I can start giving some of the GI Joes to my nephew soon. He's 3 so maybe in another year or so..... ^_^

Edited by logos

I say take the SDF-1 down, not because I don't love it but because it's the most drap piece in your display. If you take down one of the eye catchers then it won't be as vibrant as it was. This way you're only swapping grey for grey.

OR you can just scoot the SDF-1 back and display the valk at it's feet in fighter mode. It would also keep the drap area in the center the way you have it now and the bright pieces keep the eyes wandering between the two.

Edited by Benson13

Don't get me wrong, I used to love devastator as a child and almost ended up trying to get one, but it did not fit in my collection. So if it were me Devastator would go on another shelf and all my Macross goods would be on that shelf.

VF-19 down and return the Quarter to the top. Get an other shelf for the Kai and VF-4G

I have another space underneath the 3 but it is not tall enough for them. I move the Quater down there but I had to fold down the stacks.

I say take the SDF-1 down, not because I don't love it but because it's the most drap piece in your display. If you take down one of the eye catchers then it won't be as vibrant as it was. This way you're only swapping grey for grey.

OR you can just scoot the SDF-1 back and display the valk at it's feet in fighter mode. It would also keep the drap area in the center the way you have it now and the bright pieces keep the eyes wandering between the two.

Good point....never thought about that.

Actually, didn't you have a ton of valks up there a couple-few years ago?

Yep. We had an office clean up though and I was told I was only allowed to keep 5 or 6 in my office. I bought IKEA detolfs and moved them home. I will put picks up later of that. I just haven't gotten around to tidying it up.....sounds like a good weekend project. I should get off my ass and get that done.

Wow such hate for the Devastator......well this is the macross forum. :)

Maybe a couple of pics will change some minds?? Probably not but here goes.

post-9075-0-82752400-1356720283_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-61119400-1356720323_thumb.jpg

Wow such hate for the Devastator......well this is the macross forum. :)

Maybe a couple of pics will change some minds?? Probably not but here goes.

post-9075-0-82752400-1356720283_thumb.jpg

post-9075-0-61119400-1356720323_thumb.jpg

Didn't Kawamori design optimus?

I'm a fan of both Macross and Transformers, I'd say down with the VF-19. Devastator is a masterpiece, it deserve to be in the viewing eyes of others.

^^ Says the guy with the Rodimus avatar avatar ;)

Hercules should come down, in my opinion...that way you can have two valks\battroids with a macross class in the middle!! If stickers permit I'd label them both as SDFM 1 valkyries [time paradox!!!]

Seriously though, how safe is your work? That's like 1000+ USD on display in a basically public space...

I work with a good group of guys who are generally not a*&holes. :)

Lol. Especially that Fire Valk with the Sound Booster. That thing weighs a ton and it's right there on the edge! :D

It seems scary but it's not really. I live basically in the middle of the NorhAmerican contenent in Saskatchewan Canada. No Earquakes and Tornadoes/Huricans. The only problem is the cold in the winter. It's -30C today. With the windchill it's -36C.....brrrrrr..... ^_^

Wow i thought it was bad over here in the middle of BC at -15 to -18 this week.

dear god. I'm in California, it's 51 degrees right now (12C) and I'm home wearing multiple layers under a blanket and complaining about how cold this house is. :p

dear god. I'm in California, it's 51 degrees right now (12C) and I'm home wearing multiple layers under a blanket and complaining about how cold this house is. :P/>

Wow! I am in Seattle where it's 39 degrees and I am wearing shorts and a t-shirt thinking its cold in my house.

The VF-19. Personally, I would never leave high end collectibles at work. Too many different cleaning crew people that come in. Sorta like leaving cash out in the open.

Concur. But if you must leave high collectibles in the office and feel that they are safe, I say Devastator. Keep a theme with the top shelf. Besides, Hercules looks too toy like with those brightly colored pistols. He kinda clashes with the high end look of the macross toys. Not to say that devastator isn't a badass piece.

Edited by Golden Arms

I work with a good group of guys who are generally not a*&holes. :)

It seems scary but it's not really. I live basically in the middle of the NorhAmerican contenent in Saskatchewan Canada. No Earquakes and Tornadoes/Huricans. The only problem is the cold in the winter. It's -30C today. With the windchill it's -36C.....brrrrrr..... ^_^

Nobis

Mooseknuckle

PJS

Canada Goose

Mackage

Go with the Nobis. F&^king thing is a polar Bear !

I say retire the SDF-1, that will keep a more uniform scale level between the pieces on display since you're replacing it with a VF-4. I'd also recommend taking the Quarter out of there for the same reason.

That leaves you with two 1/60ths and another two "of similar scale" bots, with the Hercules bots and the MP Prime. Also, if you turn everything to vehicle modes, they will coordinate more nicely. Assuming your coworkers aren't familiar with Macross/TFs, explaining the crazy sci-fi booster jet on top of the blazing red forward-swept wing fighter will be enough without having a couple of spacey aircraft carriers smaller in size than the construction equipment. :D