• 2 weeks later...

The rumour mill is going crazy at the moment with : Jeff Snieder saying on the 20th episode of "Meet the Movie Press" that he is "95%" certain that the next SM is not going to be white...and that Miles Morales is going to be the next MCU SM.

The rumour also believed that Miles Morales will make an appearance in "Avengers:Age of Ultron ".

(Although I don't believe the "Age of Ultron" appearance ,because Marvel have only recently had negotiations with Sony, and "Age of Ultron" has wrapped and been in post production long before Marvel/Sony negotiations.)

....but if we do get Miles , I think it would be refreshing...as I think after the ASM2 train wreck , a lot of people might have Peter Parker fatigue..I know I def need a break from Pete.

I could believe they would use Miles as the re-rebooted Spider-Man for the Sony movies but as far as the Avengers go Peter Parker was always Spider-Man. It would confuse the audience if they pulled a swap like that.

The problem with Peter Parker fatigue is that they keep trying to tell his origin story when he's awkward and sad and all of that crap. They've never shown us truly adult, in charge, Peter Parker. Only a bunch of emo Pete.

Edited by Mommar

I dont think Sony would go for a non Peter spidey at this point. If it was an in house reboot of the Marvel character, maybe. But with the 2 studios mixing it up, a lot of the politics will about how Marvel will hand back the property. I could be biased having never read a non Peter Parker book. But to replace him, it'd be easier to swallow if they did it within a movie where we see Peter lose his Spider-Man mantle. Sony did invest 2 iterations to explain his origins, why would they just throw that away. If Peter somehow dies at the end of Civil War, I can see that happening... but again how would Sony take it when they give Spidey back with a less iconic character.

Since Marvel is folding the Ultimate-verse into the normal Marvel universe...

What they could do "kill" or retire Peter in Civil War by him revealing his identity. Then bring in Miles for the Marvel side of things and revive Peter for the Sony movies. 2 Spideys at the same time. Jesus, they have the whole Spider-verse story running right now, why not have it for the movies.

I could believe they would use Miles as the re-rebooted Spider-Man for the Sony movies but as far as the Avengers go Peter Parker was always Spider-Man. It would confuse the audience if they pulled a swap like that.

The problem with Peter Parker fatigue is that they keep trying to tell his origin story when he's awkward and sad and all of that crap. They've never shown us truly adult, in charge, Peter Parker. Only a bunch of emo Pete.

This is my hope that MCU steps in and gives us a more experienced Peter Parker/Spider-Man. If they have to have an origin story, then it should be told max. within 10 - 15 minutes and then time jump to the present day or something...

And it better be Peter Parker AS Spider-Man in MCU, I do not want any of this Miles Morales, passing on the torch or any other nonsense stuff.

This is my hope that MCU steps in and gives us a more experienced Peter Parker/Spider-Man. If they have to have an origin story, then it should be told max. within 10 - 15 minutes and then time jump to the present day or something...

And it better be Peter Parker AS Spider-Man in MCU, I do not want any of this Miles Morales, passing on the torch or any other nonsense stuff.

That's right. If there is to be any passing of the torch, it should be to Takuya Yamashiro.

"Change Leopardon!"

Since Marvel is folding the Ultimate-verse into the normal Marvel universe...What they could do "kill" or retire Peter in Civil War by him revealing his identity. Then bring in Miles for the Marvel side of things and revive Peter for the Sony movies. 2 Spideys at the same time. Jesus, they have the whole Spider-verse story running right now, why not have it for the movies.

..I'd love to see a MCU- Miles/O'Hara SM and a Sony/Peter SM..I hope both would be possible!

If it's a film with "Spider-man" in the title, does that mean Sony owns it?...or do Sony exclusively own Peter Parker SM?

......a spider-verse would be a great idea for MCU to focus on other SM .

..I'd love to see a MCU- Miles/O'Hara SM and a Sony/Peter SM..I hope both would be possible!

If it's a film with "Spider-man" in the title, does that mean Sony owns it?...or do Sony exclusively own Peter Parker SM?

......a spider-verse would be a great idea for MCU to focus on other SM .

Sony still has the rights to all "Spider-Man" films. And Sony will be able to make more Spidey films and have majority control over those films (Kevin Feige will be listed as producer and Amy Pascal will retain the Sony side of things) But now, Marvel Studios/Disney can borrow the same Spidey for their films and Sony can do the same for MCU characters in Spidey films.

Ahhh I see ,thanks for the heads up azrael!

So it seems that as long as Marvel/Sony play nice together , then that should give Marvel opportunities to consider/use other SM within the MCU.