Fixed for you.

Seriously, as much as I liked X-Men, X2, and First Class, Fox is still responsible for X3 and the pair of turds that are the Wolverine movies, as well as both the craptastic Fantastic Four movies, and the creme de la crap Daredevil and Elektra movies. That kind of track record doesn't exactly inspire a lot of confidence.

Besides, if Marvel Studios could get the rights to Spider-Man, they could tie him into their movie-verse and get him on the Avengers.

And after that Marvel could work towards a connected storyline with some weight to it, perhaps the Marvel Civil War, Peter/Spider-Man unfortunately had a big part in that.

Though a bit better than the first, I still didn't like this movie all that much. A little too comedic in some scenes, not Peter but the movie in general, and way to corny and over the top saccharin with the love story. I guess there's a bit of a pay off there, but over all it's a slow moving and way too long for these developments and set ups that are already too cliche for us to be unfamiliar with in the first place. Good parts: Back to the classic costume and web slinging scenes thru NY are good.

The Bad: My main complaint again with these movies are that the plotlines are way too personal. Everything is a grudge between characters and the regular people in the city suffer from it. The whole point of a superhero disguise is that it separates them from their daily lives so they can do their thing without consequences. But these people end up looking like reality stars forcing their drama all over the city. GTFO. And way too many coincidences. If they just walk in and out of a room one minute in advance or behind, they'd all be clueless of each other and they'd live their lives as normal people.

Major Spoilers, DON'T READ:

Peter's dad is responsible for the spider that makes him Spider-Man. And he's encoded it with his DNA so no one else but his blood line can benefit from being bitten by it. Even though he never planned for it to bite Peter any time in the future.
Peter's parent leave him with Aunt May and Uncle Ben to save themselves from being hunted by Oscorp baddies, never once thinking about how they can kidnap Peter and use him as a bargaining chip or the fact that he can unlock the secrets of the venom with his DNA. Thanks Mom and Dad for saving yourselves and leaving the poor kid out to dry.

It's gonna make money. It's loud enough to keep the little kids from falling asleep and the over the top vomit enducing teenage love drama will get the Twilight girls in. Plus it's Spidey...

I still need to see this one. I couldn't finish the first one even as a Blu-ray loaner. Once he started crying I was done. I prefer most of the Raimi Spiderman but did like a few aspects.

Not entirely it's fault. I just increasingly despise origin stories. Peter Parker is a crybaby, too. Not just Tobey. :lol:

Edited by Uxi

Honest trailer about the whole Raimi trilogy

Looks like Garfield cries a heck of a lot LESS than the Tobey Parker... I also didn't remember just how personal the last trilogy was too (all the bad guys are related to Peter Parker; in the new movies some are related to Spider-man).

Just watched this film in 3D and it's disappointing, but not as much as the critics say. Yes, there are too many random things happening in the film and almost all of the action scenes (including the ending) are on the trailers. The Osborne clan is not well-developed compared to the Raimi trilogy version. And yes, certain elements seem forced - especially coming from the first film. Despite all these faults, The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is still a good superhero film. Andrew Garfield proves to be the best live-action incarnation of the web-slinger with his usual wisecracks. Hopefully, the third film will be much better.

I do, however, enjoy the scene where...

Mystique springs out her Brotherhood partners in Vietnam.

Just watched this film in 3D and it's disappointing, but not as much as the critics say. Yes, there are too many random things happening in the film and almost all of the action scenes (including the ending)

I do, however, enjoy the scene where...

Mystique springs out her Brotherhood partners in Vietnam.

Mystique

Who. What, Where. and why?

Edited by miles316

^ There was an arrangement with Fox and Sony to have a;

Post credits X-Men teaser/trailer - in the same style as Iron Man, Captain America, Avengers, etc. films.

-b.

I wonder if Sony or Fox is planing to buy the other further narrowing the industry.

I read it, it only seems like a minor help to one and none to the other. I see no larger payoff here.

Yeah, I don't think it was some huge, large in scale scheme-hatchery. It allowed one studio to get their desired Director (which we all know can sometimes make or break a movie) and another a promotional opportunity.

At any rate, I'm in no huge rush to see The Amazing Spider-Man 2 but I do plan to check it out while it's in theaters (vs. The Amazing Spider-Man where I waited for home release).

-b.

From what I've read the director doesn't even like Spiderman, the 4 writers can't even put together a cohesive plot and they don't even utilize/respect any of the Spiderman stories. Easy pass for me. Too bad. I like Emma Stone.

Was going to go check it out today, but got distracted. Will try and get to the movies, but if not I think I'll be okay with a home viewing. I was pleasantly surprised by Amazing Spider-Man and was hoping for more of the same but I'm starting to have my doubts.

-b.

Saw it last night, I agree that taken as a whole the movie was decent.

Good: There were some really nice moments, especially between Peter and Gwen and with Spider-Man stopping crime throughout the city. The Spider-Man and Electro fight in the end was awesome.

Bad: Some truly cringe-worthy scenes as well. For me they were there in the beginning, there was a lot of unnecessary campiness that reminded me of the Raimi trilogy and why I didn't like those Spider-Man films. And then the typical plot/script writing complaints that accompany most movies these days.

I'm happy that I saw it in theaters but taken as an entire movie I don't think it was better than the first, but it did have some really, really nice singular moments.

-b.

I'm happy that I saw it in theaters but taken as an entire movie I don't think it was better than the first, but it did have some really, really nice singular moments.

-b.

That's too bad, I wanted it to be better than the first, which I didn't have nearly the same problems with as some others did.

I haven't heard good things about this film.. and I'm generally burned out on Spider-man movies.

I just actually read Superior Spider-man and really enjoyed it though... so as a character I enjoy him.

I just wish every damn super-hero movie would stop trying to be the Dark Knight... and be what they are suppose to be.

I just wish every damn super-hero movie would stop trying to be the Dark Knight... and be what they are suppose to be.

Which is precisely why I don't like this version of Spider Man. Say what you will about Tobey Maguire's Spider Man movies, but IMO they had the right amount of campiness, melodrama and unwitting super-hero moments to make it entertaining and emotionally rewarding. . THIS new iteration of Spider Man tries to get heavy with the characters, the story and it comes off as drab and uninspiring to me. I just saw the first Amazing Spider Man movie and with this impression on my mind I won't be making any genuine efforts to watch the new one...