Macross Plus in BD!!! OVA w/ English Dub & Movie w/En

treatment

So CDJ finally listed it:

http://www.cdjapan.c...ml?KEY=BCXA-719

Curiously, CDJ's states this in their description:

Includes the 4 OVA series and movie edition in HD remaster version with English language (dubbed and subtitles.)

Now CDJ's been known to have incorrect info from time to time, so try not to get your hopes up for english-subs since it's not in the official description from Bandai. At least, as of yet.

Maybe our Japan-based fans can verify by directly asking either BigWest or BandaiVisual if english-subs will be an option at all with Macross Plus BD.

post-263-0-41909200-1357878088_thumb.jpeg

Edited by treatment

So CDJ finally listed it:

http://www.cdjapan.c...ml?KEY=BCXA-719

Curiously, CDJ's states this in their description:

Now CDJ's been known to have incorrect info from time to time, so try not to get your hopes up for english-subs since it's not in the official description from Bandai. At least, as of yet.

Maybe our Japan-based fans can verify by directly asking either BigWest or BandaiVisual if english-subs will be an option at all with Macross Plus BD.

Looks like a poor translation. The Japanese description says the OVA includes the English dub, not the movie, and that the subtitles are Japanese, not English. This is consistent with past DVD releases.

Thanks Tochiro but I still don't quite understand the link you provided- I've pre-ordered it on Amazon but not sure it will go through as I've been told by others that Amazon.co.jp doesn't ship internationally. This was the case when I tried to pre-order the Macross 30 special edition. =(

As far as I know you cannot import games from AmazonJP, but BDs etc are OK. You'd best double-check that, though.

Thanks Tochiro but I still don't quite understand the link you provided- I've pre-ordered it on Amazon but not sure it will go through as I've been told by others that Amazon.co.jp doesn't ship internationally. This was the case when I tried to pre-order the Macross 30 special edition. =(

Amazon DOES ship internationally and always has. The ONLY THING it won't ship internationally is videogames. Therefore Blurays are fine.

I just watched the whole thing over the new year and I'm still recovering from the awesome overload. M7 has regained its place as my favourite series once again. But this thread is about Macross Plus... Although we still have half a year or so.

Oops sorry, I was responding to Kicker but Tochiro managed to sneak in between. With an answer I had already provided, no less ;P

is the english dub from the original Manga Video release, or the Japanese voice actors speaking in english

The Manga dub. However, I am intrigued as to what they are going to do about Episode 4, since the English dub audio that was released for that in Japan was a completely different dub to the one released internationally. Some actors reprised their roles, but for starters Bryan Cranston was replaced by David "Solid Snake" Hayter. :)

My guess is that they will do what they did with the first DVD box set releases and have 1-3 be the Manga dub and put their own one on 4.

I could break out my Japanese CDs, and try learning by then, but I have a feeling I'd still be scratching my head wondering "WTF?" I'll wait til it's in English.

How many times have you seen it? Could you watch it (in English) with the sound and subtitles turned off and still understand the story (it is an action movie, after all)?

If so, you don't have to worry about either the lack of English or learning Japanese. :D

I've imported CDs, DVDs and books many times from Amazon.co.jp. As far as I know, the only things they won't ship internnationally are toys and games. Same with bloody Amazon.com and Amazon UK as well :(

Graham

My guess is that they will do what they did with the first DVD box set releases and have 1-3 be the Manga dub and put their own one on 4.

Please God no. The Mango Dub on all four eps or no sale. Can't see myself enjoying M+ in English if it's anything other than that dub.

Please God no. The Mango Dub on all four eps or no sale. Can't see myself enjoying M+ in English if it's anything other than that dub.

You do realize that the only difference is that the Japanese release dub of ep 4 hasthe propermusic and sfx, as well as a rumored alternate take or two.

You do realize that the only difference is that the Japanese release dub of ep 4 hasthe propermusic and sfx, as well as a rumored alternate take or two.

Did you even read my post? They are different actors, dude. Isamu is Solid Snake.

Did you even read my post? They are different actors, dude. Isamu is Solid Snake.

I think it would have been more worthwhile to include subtitles and do away with the dub tracks all together. The change in voice actors would be too jarring for me to enjoy the dub. 'Tis such a shame.

• 1 month later...

Let's hope the dollar keeps inching toward's the 100 mark (or better) by June.

Last time I used Paypal it was at 90. :)

Personally, I hope not.

But then, I work in Japan, and send my money back to the US. Don't mind me. My financial ruin is nothing compared to you saving a few bucks on Macross stuff...

Personally, I hope not.

But then, I work in Japan, and send my money back to the US. Don't mind me. My financial ruin is nothing compared to you saving a few bucks on Macross stuff...

As long as you understand that!

Is there anymore detailed info on what it will consists of and not the generic image that all the vendors are using.

There's no official image yet because the boxset is still 4 months away.

According to a flyer I picked up yesterday, it has English audio track for all 4 eps, a new 5.1 mix on the movie edition (saw one of the sound engineers involved in the new mix DJ the other week actually lol) , promotional videos, trailers, a trailer for the Macross Festival, macross future chronicle, opening and in-game movies from the PS1 game, PS1 game promotional videos, tv commercials, staff interviews and materials used for the western release.

• 3 weeks later...