Looking for a detailed Armored VF-1 kit. Any suggestions?

sbantonelli

Someone here did a conversion some time ago using the Hasegawa battroid and the Arii Armored Valk for the armor bits.

There was this topic http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=14522&hl=%20arii%20%20armored%20%20valkyrie&st=0

but I know there was a build tread by someone that actually showed the work done.

Edited by azrhino

Wow, the Thunder Hammer is amazing! It's an incredible design. How much is the conversion kit? As for the Armored Valkyrie, kit bashing or scratch building, is just a little to ambitious for right now. (I have at least a dozen kits I need to finish.) Besides, if I was going to build anything, it would be a Mospeada Tread.

Yeah ahiachris, great work! How do you get the round edges on the knees, legs, and arms? I don't think I could make parts that where so symmetric. I can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks for the offer vt102. I have a kit lined up, but will contact you if it falls through.

Cool8or, your work is top notch, absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing because my search had missed your page.

Worse case.... you could buy a 1/100 or a 1/72 Bandai one from Ebay. Those will be easier to get. OR.... I may sell mine.... for the right price. But it won't be cheap.

Or wait and see if Bandai's going to roll out the armoured add on as an option kit for their coming transformable VF-1

Ahiachris, what are you using besides styrene? There's some yellowish mixed in with it? - MT

The yellowish mix is a kind of japanese epoxy putty called Mori Mori. It's now release by Wave. It's almost odourless compared with other kind of epoxy putty. The grain is very fine and they also have another kind of epoxy putty called sube sube. It's the same kind of yellowish mix you see in japanese hobby magazines.