May'n - The Galactic Fairy

vanpang

http://mayn.jp/blog/news/15070/

Just announced today! Fans of Sheryl will have an exciting weekend. Not sure whether this is connected to the recent announcement on the 'extended' version of the Macross F pachinko game

in which they added new footage and a new song!

If any of you happened to be there, video it and post it here! :)

Some have already twittered

More Sheryl?! That's excellent news. I really liked her character. I wonder if she's making some kind of cameo in a Delta storyline or if she 's having a more substantial role. Or maybe she's Lady M :p

Considering the ending song in the Frontier movie Sayonara no Tsubasa indicates that she woke up already, I don't think it'll relate to that, but as far as news goes, it looks like there will be some news in about 5 days or so? Either way, I'm very excited about it. She is, IMO, the best of all the idol characters the franchise has created.

Also, before we get into this being confirmed as a movie or whatnot, for all we know, it could be a new pachinko game. Hope you guys don't get too far ahead of yourselves. It'd be great if a crossover for Delta, or something with a plot, but it could just be something small. Hopefully the 5 days will tell us all we need to know.

Edited by Jasonc

From what I understand this is not a full on movie but just a music video which will be aired on that AltaVision screen, meaning you have to be present at that location at the specific time to watch it or settle for a camrip. Other franchises have done this sort of thing before.

Official info says the song was by Yoko Kanno:

http://www.pashplus.jp/anime/tvanime/46477/

『ゴ~~ジャス』

作詞=ROBIN ROBINSON

作・編曲=菅野よう子

歌=シェリル・ノームstarring May’n 

Also some stills at the link

Pretty decent crowd gathered:

Edited by TMBounty_Hunter

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

That new song sounds too different from the old ones. I guess it wasn't composed by Yoko

I disagree. The layers and complexity of music/vocals sounds very Frontier Kanno. I'm not big on it, just like I wasn't at first with the original Sheryl music.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe one day she will visit South America. For the time being, show support for her so that she'll continue to come over frequently. Make the journey, whether you're in the east, west, north or south and it'll be something worth remembering this year. Over the past few years, I've attended her special concerts since 2014 (I'm just your regular working class guy, 7 hours on a budget plane - is torturing and my left ear drum hurts whenever the plane dives), but after that it was a really memorable experience. 

This year, Anime Festival Asia (Singapore based event - May'n attends every year) is joining forces with C3 (Hong Kong based). - C3 + AFA. So far no guest list yet.

Meantime, enjoy some Sakura with the Galactic Fairy.....

Lucky Chinese...

That said I'm happy she gets to do those live shows each year, means there are a lot of fans still paying to see her perform live. Hopefully I can attend a concert of hers only. I went to AFA Singapore years ago and it was a chore just sitting through those artists I didn't care about.

On 18/04/2017 at 9:55 PM, VF25-F said:

Err.....WOW...she landed at my doorstep.....well almost! Penang is an island just off the mainland (4 hours drive north west). Anyone who is in the region can drop by!

http://wowjapan.asia/2017/04/penang-anime-matsuri-2017-summer-wonderland/

You lucky Malaysians and Singaporeans! May'n is just a bus or train ride away from you while I would have to take a plane. Anyway, sorry May'n, my money has been sucked into the HMR Macross blackhole I don't think I can attend that (or even AFA). Maybe I should get a higher paying job...