May'n - The Galactic Fairy

vanpang

So is there a thread discussing the upcoming concert in LA? I am thinking of going.

Edit: I was AnimeExpo doing some pre-show setup in the exhibition hall, when I heard Daisuki's booth blasting some OP/ED theme that gave me goosebumps. It was performed by May'n, but I didn't recognize the song.

Ran to their booth and asked a couple people before someone knew what the song was from. Turned out it was the OP for M3, which I will give it a shot this week.

Go. I'm doing the CA 2-step (going to both LA and SF shows). It's a rare chance. Not sure if she has her band with her, but she did 2 years ago. The LA venue definitely has the room to hold the band on stage and even maybe a few dancers too. Hoping both are there. :wub:

IIRC from the set lists I've seen for the shows on this tour she's already done, there are a few MacF songs, but she's also been known to slightly alter set lists for the overseas tour stops (swapping a few songs out for other ones).

Go. I'm doing the CA 2-step (going to both LA and SF shows). It's a rare chance. Not sure if she has her band with her, but she did 2 years ago. The LA venue definitely has the room to hold the band on stage and even maybe a few dancers too. Hoping both are there. :wub:

IIRC from the set lists I've seen for the shows on this tour she's already done, there are a few MacF songs, but she's also been known to slightly alter set lists for the overseas tour stops (swapping a few songs out for other ones).

Hi new guy!

I will most likely go. Found a flyer insert in the AX hand out last week. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy, just joined today after traveling to san francisco from houston to see her in concert. it was great. loved it. ended up meeting seanzilla who told me about this site.

Welcome! If you're into M & M (Macross and May'n or the other way around) then you're in the right place! :D

For those who has gone for the concert, do share your news or pictures taken. I do hope someone writes about the concert event.

The concert in San Fran was amazing! I arrived there in time to see her give an interview at the JPop summit in Japan town. Her English has improved dramatically, did a full interview in english on stage.

post-13224-0-86870300-1406509074_thumb.jpg

post-13224-0-08204400-1406509093_thumb.jpg

Later Saturday evening, she showed up again at Union Square where they were having a concert with several other performers. Una and Tokyo Girls Style were there. May'n came out at the end, talked a little about her show at Slim's Sunday night and hoped we would all be there. Then performed three songs for the crowd.

In the Air

Brain Diver

MOSHIMO KIMI GA NEGAU NO NARA

I recorded the whole thing, but don't think I can attach it here. Too big. But of course she was easily the best performer of the night.

Sunday night at Slim's was absolutely awesome! Truly a beautiful and amazing performer, with an incredible voice that is even better live. Really goes all out for the crowd. Did a lot of talking with us as well, and as I said before her English is great. It was good two years ago when she was at Yoshi's in SF, however still had a translater for the meet and greets. But this time, no need for a translator or anything. She asked the crowd questions and replied just fine.

She sang:

Vivid

Run Real Run

Brain Diver

May'n Space

Morning of Determination

Aozora

Re:Remember

A bad ass Macross Frontier Medley-Welcome to My Fan Club's Night (MF version), What About My Star, Infinity, Universal Bunny, Obelisk, Don't Be Late

Diamond Crevasse

Moonwalker

Song of the Day

Hero

Nothern Cross

Chase the World

Love Colored Today

ENCORE:

Lose My Illusions

Dolce

Phonic Nation

Kimi Shinitamou Koto Nakare

It was difficult to take pics during the concert as they had slims staff and security watching. So just a few blurry shots and quick vids.

post-13224-0-65885000-1406511465_thumb.jpg

Edited by Seanzilla

Indeed, her English has improved dramatically, during the interview, she was answering (in Japanese) without the interpreter repeating the question in Japanese. The other language she's improving is Mandarin.

Damn, she sang 'In the Air' - that was easily my favorite in her new.album, wish I've could have heard it LIVE..

Thanks Seanzilla for the review. See if you can edit/cut your video to smaller parts - by song and upload it to Youtube. Would really love to see it, including those on her community.

Of her most recent album and singles, "In the Air" "Re:Remember" and "Soliste" are my favorites. Wish she had sang Soliste at the concert.

Anyway, sorry for the delay, here is the footage I recorded from the JPop summit in Union Square. It is "In the Air" and "Brain Diver". I will upload the last song later and maybe the interview she did in English.

Sorry for the quality, it was recorded with my cellphone.

Edited by Seanzilla

Why are those guys dancing like idiots? It should be embarrassing, no?

I don't like them. They don't listen to the music, but just come to get hilarious and wild by themselves. They tend to be troublesome because are easy to bump into the other normal fans and sometimes scuffles occur.

We call them "イベンター", "eventers". They appear every ani-son concert. *Sigh*

Edited by antibiotictab

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Got back from AFA 2014 on Monday, has to say it was really an eventful weekend (survived also - tell it to u guys later)

UPLOADING.........UP

Anyway while it's ......up there.....here's something the Galactic Fairy posted. Question : What does she dream of? Answer :

http://s1320.photobucket.com/user/jameswmc88/media/10150664_989798004380024_5485797493637633044_n_zps572d9e32.jpg.html?filters[user]=133666143&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0