post-8744-0-01721400-1355022867_thumb.jpg

" A court martial sends a veteran soldier to a distant planet, where he has to destroy the remains of an alien race. The arrival of an unexpected traveler causes him to question what he knows about the planet, his mission, and himself. "

http://www.oblivionmovie.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1483013/

A Very Close Look At The Oblivion Trailer – Clues, References And Nods

It's totally Wall-E the reboot. Didn't expect that. I did a lot of pre production on this and fell in love with the designs. I thought it was going to be a space adventure... Maybe when Eve shows up and takes the plant from him. Come to think of it, Olga in the cryotube looks like Eve.

I saw this and got excited for an Elder Scrolls movie, but I guess some Little Tom and alien genocide will work.

I thought Elder scrolls too. Immediately went through all the emotions. I was excited, then sad that it would prob be awful. Then hopeful that its too soon to tell. then watched the trailer....

It's totally Wall-E the reboot. Didn't expect that. I did a lot of pre production on this and fell in love with the designs.

Did you happen to work on the Tron Legacy pre-production too since it's the same director?

Love the visual aesthetics. The general approach (visuals & setting) reminds me of some european comic stories from the days of the old Heavy Metal magazines. "Gangrène/Garbage" from Juan Giménez and Carlos Trillo comes to mind.

If it turns out to be a "wealthy elite exploiting the rest of the planet" plot, it will be interesting to see it next to Blomkamp's upcoming "Elysium".

nope... most of that was made digitally.

Ok. There are a few people on The RPF looking for a Quorra poster image that was released at a low resolution. No one seems to be able to locate a high resolution image or poster for it.

• 2 months later...

I love the production design.

Some hints make me wonder if the plot turns out like Pandorum, where there's a nasty surprise for the space traveling survivors.

Some caps from the trailer - note the repeated presence of drone 166 in the clip; it also has a wicked "nose art".

ef064e240056476.jpg 6df797240056540.jpg bea200240056612.jpg ec0842240056681.jpg 215f89240056718.jpg f34e7c240056776.jpg 46e684240056829.jpg 10a512240056878.jpg 0f2151240056933.jpg f9a08d240057000.jpg

Looks like those drones where made by Aperture Science. :)

Why do I get the idea that there where no aliens and it was man who messed up the planet?

No it was made in the SF valley. I should know I worked on it. :p

• 1 month later...

I got to see this at IMax for the midnights. Very enjoyable film with great aesthetics, and the plot actually had me guessing at times too. Looks like a good start for sci-fi movies this year. B))

*Edit: Yup ascetics are VERY strict.=P

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

I saw it last week: highly recommended. Some twists you will certainly see coming, others less-so.

Having said all this, the film looks absolutely gorgeous. And Andrea Riseborough is the real star. There is one scene in particular with her that is a real treat (hint: it involves a swimming pool) but her acting is absolutely fantastic.

Visually, the film is a feast. Films these days are designed by committee and design tends to get watered down - this one shows the power of a single vision. In terms of the visuals, at any rate.

I will not comment on the story, other than to say that I enjoyed it, but scifi fans will quickly twig onto what's going on here.

Watch and enjoy.