Guest davidwhangchoi

It's possible, and has been suggested by others. But Snake would be too young in 1984. The story would have to cover several years to make sense.

yeah, i'm just a huge fan. i wasted so much money on getting every re-release of snake eater. everytime a new collection comes out i have to get it. now a new mgs set is coming out which i own every game of for PS3 the/PS1 and i'm still trying to get it. (waste)

i'm wondering of this bc they didn't change voice actors of Japan and for Kojima to treat Hayter (letting him go without honor) this way without a big sendoff gives me that feeling that it's all staged. (i've never seen kojima reveal all his cards also so soon that nothings left for E3") also he was willing to go to lengths of making a fake company and officially have staff for it. lol

i think he might be playing up the backlash for having raiden as the surprise main protagonist for MG2. but anyways it's definately creating interest in what's going to happen in E3

btw, i see your avatar, is there a good place to read the mangas for golgo 13?

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Voice acting aside, what interested me is this so-called split of MGS V into two games. From what I've read the first half is a typical MGS game, and the second might be an open world sanbox type game.

I'm going to guess that Ground Zeros is a dlc game to be released by the end of this year and will bridge the gap between PW and MGS5. Then Phantom pain will come out next year on discs and will start with BB waking up after the coma. I figured they were both going to be open worldish but it's interesting to hear one will be old school MGS.

yeah, i'm just a huge fan. i wasted so much money on getting every re-release of snake eater. everytime a new collection comes out i have to get it. now a new mgs set is coming out which i own every game of for PS3 the/PS1 and i'm still trying to get it. (waste)

i'm wondering of this bc they didn't change voice actors of Japan and for Kojima to treat Hayter (letting him go without honor) this way without a big sendoff gives me that feeling that it's all staged. (i've never seen kojima reveal all his cards also so soon that nothings left for E3") also he was willing to go to lengths of making a fake company and officially have staff for it. lol

i think he might be playing up the backlash for having raiden as the surprise main protagonist for MG2. but anyways it's definately creating interest in what's going to happen in E3

btw, i see your avatar, is there a good place to read the mangas for golgo 13?

You're not alone in owning all those releases, man. I do the same thing when it comes to MGS...even for systems I do not yet own! :)

I got me a ThreeA Rex sitting in the box all minty fresh because I do not yet have the space for it. My MGS addiction is almost as bad as my Macross addiction :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

You're not alone in owning all those releases, man. I do the same thing when it comes to MGS...even for systems I do not yet own! :)

I got me a ThreeA Rex sitting in the box all minty fresh because I do not yet have the space for it. My MGS addiction is almost as bad as my Macross addiction :(

you get the little snake 3A pilot? i was hunting for one with it but missed out on it.

can't wait to see what the phantom pain and ground zeros will be. i hope it's also on the next gen systems as well as the current systems except the wii U, (i even had to get snake eater for 3ds...)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Yeah, that's the one I got :)

Getting back on topic, I'll eventually accept KS as the new Snake but, like a lot of people, I can't help but feel something is amiss given all the Twitter activity. I'm still carrying that torch for Hayter until I'm certain.

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

this is what i'd like to tell myself but i can't... if they can use another VA for bigboss for MGS4.... i can't let it go...

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Metal Gear V announcement on Microsoft's E3 press conference streaming live 12:30 EST and on spike TV (US and Canada only)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

E3 Trailer Snake w/ horse back riding ala red dead redemption, looks like a GTA style game (updated w/ HD version)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhxtfpYo7yo

Kazuhira Miller (A Visionary robbed of his Future)

Quiet (A Sniper deprived of her Words)

Eli (A Youth who Curses his Fate)

Skull Face (A Ghost without a Past)

Emmerich (A Technocrat who Stands his Ground)

Ocelot (A Rival living a Lie)

Code Talker (A Wise Man denied his Homeland)

a few new characters mixed with some familiars plus Ocelot :)

Snake's (Big Boss) screen caption reads:

Punished Snake (A Fallen Legend)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Sweet, if it plays like a "MGS" game in a open world,I will be very happy, because I always thought that stealth missions in open world games often where not so good.(ie GTA, assasins creed). It also looks better than MGS4, there I said it i didn't like MGS4(some parts I liked, but most of it i hated) its wierd I loved MGS, but hated MGS2, Loved MGS3, hated MGS4, so hopefully ill like MGS5.

I thought KS did a good job, but I guess I have to get used to the voice. But I will buy it.

Kojima seems to have more enjoyment in telling Big Bosses story over Solid Snakes, atleast after the original MGS. MGS2 was so-so and left a weird taste in my mouth. MGS3 won me back over and was a nice graphical leap over 2. I'm seeing the same occur between MGS4 and 5 now.

I'm confused. Whos POV are we looking through in this trailer?

We see big boss trying to be revived.

now horn head/bot arm snake is....who??? everyone is calling him big boss, but if we're looking through his pov, we are looking at big boss... and @0.55 (I think it's Kaz?? don't know) looks over to "you" and says "what about him?" so the cam isn't just shot f'd up like that, it's a POV.

Edited by Negotiator

I'm confused. Whos POV are we looking through in this trailer?

We see big boss trying to be revived.

now horn head/bot arm snake is....who??? everyone is calling him big boss, but if we're looking through his pov, we are looking at big boss... and @0.55 (I think it's Kaz?? don't know) looks over to "you" and says "what about him?" so the cam isn't just shot f'd up like that, it's a POV.

Well... Apparently, he is the Eli

We are after him for some reason. The Snake that appears in the military hospital, should be after this mission, where he lost his arm.
Since the scenario when he takes the helicopter MIller, is an oil platform, and during combat is the same place.
One that helps it seems is Miller. What is there recovering well.

Who is that at the 2:40 mark, Roy Campbell?

Actually I think it's Miller since he's wearing a Diamond Dogs beret.

So I guess we know what the taboo subjects are going to be. That extended trailer was gruesome, couldn't they at least kill Paz before digging into her guts for some peace package?

Kojkma's reasoning for keeping Otsuka in the role is because he's only dubbing Kiefer's mocap work. I get it, but it still blows. I hope we'll hear Hayter as Solid again someday... Perhaps alongside Big Boss.