The Virgin Road

infosys_ms

Shouldn't that be war"s" (unless that too has been retconned). If I recall correctly it was not a single war, but many regional conflicts, as well as attacks on Ataria Island

Shouldn't the Cold War be "Cold Wars"? It had a many regional conflicts, too...

For that matter, what about World War II? Shouldn't that be World Wars II? As there was the European War, the Pacific War...

Shouldn't that be war"s" (unless that too has been retconned). If I recall correctly it was not a single war, but many regional conflicts, as well as attacks on Ataria Island

I would imagine that the US Constitution would be a template for the UNG constitution, not for any more reason than it is the only national constitution that gives authority to the government from the bottom up, as opposed to a government giving rights to its people from the top down. A gift from Ben Franklin and Lord Byron... B))

Under that framework, autonomous nations could agree to a centralized global authority. The framework allows for the retention of most of the power in the member states, not at the global federal level. Perhaps a type of US 2nd Amendment version was also adopted, but the wording would refer to maintaining a well regulated "military", which is where the weapons for the regional wars would come from.

Kind of fascinating if one has an interest in international politics...

No, it's still the Unification War. There were many theaters involved. As in World War 2, there were several theaters such as the Pacific, North Africa, Europe, etc... They all didn't happen at the same time or in the same area's but it was centered around a single topic.

Shouldn't the Cold War be "Cold Wars"? It had a many regional conflicts, too...

For that matter, what about World War II? Shouldn't that be World Wars II? As there was the European War, the Pacific War...

That really doesn't work.

The Cold War was simply that, a "Cold War" it was mostly fought by spies and proxies. If you assert the UN Wars were such a thing, I might agree, but on a speculative basis, since we have no documentation of the political environment at the time. We know the AUN were a very well organized and funded force, implying government(s) support from somewhere.

Your assertion about the Second World War would work only if the Japanese had not allied itself with the Axis powers before declaring war on the US. Had the two conflicts (Pacific and Europe) happened independently of each other then they would be considered separate "wars", but in fact they were part of the same world conflict, they only started at different times. It is much like the invasion of Russia happened after the invasion of France, different theaters of the same conflict.

We don't really have that unified global conflict in the Macross documentation; but a different description of "regional wars". Perhaps they were of a cold war nature. A global cold war by proxy, but that hasn't really been established. Plausible, but not established.

but on a speculative basis, since we have no documentation of the political environment at the time. We know the AUN were a very well organized and funded force, implying government(s) support from somewhere.

Wait a sec... you haven't read the Macross Chronicle pages about the Anti Unification Alliance and the Unification War?

Correction: you've detected yet another mistranslation in fansubs.

Then that would be Egan Loo mis-translations in the old Compendium... That is what I am basing my premise on, not some fan sub.

June

The existence of aliens officially announced (except for their size and other details which are kept top secret). Following this, framing plan for Earth U.N. Government officially announced.

July

Outbreak of dispute in People's Republic of Garalia in the Middle East. The frequent disputes and internal conflicts occurring hereafter in all areas of the world become collectively known as the U.N. Wars.

January 20

Conclusion of U.N. Wars.

http://macross.anime.net//story/chronology/1999/index.html

I do not know what was changed in the compendium as I've not read any updates on the subject, yet.

Edited by Zinjo

Mistranslation is still a mistranslation, it doesn't matter who's name it's attached to.*

Again, have you read any of the recently translated articles about it?

* the easier of the 2 to point out is U.N.. The original text is 統合戦争 (Unification/Integration/Synthesis War), not 国連戦争 (United Nations War).

I already stated I have not updated my self on the new stuff.

Not sure how you missed that.

Will need to get on those updates...

Ignorance is cureable, stupid is not... :p

Edited by Zinjo

I already stated I have not updated my self on the new stuff.

You mean this?

UH OH, I smell retcon that I've missed... :ph34r:

If so, then you're being an a$$ and there's no point in trying to communicate with you any further. Bye.

You mean this?If so, then you're being an a$$ and there's no point in trying to communicate with you any further. Bye.

You know, I was getting that same impression from you, considering how completely benign the comments you reference were.

However, I choose to behave more respectfully despite that attitude.

Perhaps the offense came from my audacity to disagree or question your holy word.. Well that is a personal problem you will need to deal with.

As I've said ignorance can be cured... Thus I have some updates to look up.

Edited by Zinjo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...