EXO

They might be able to hold a VF-1, but keep in mind.. those are meant for styrene kits, which are much lighter than any Yamato valk. They might be strong enough to support it, but they're not meant for it.

If I remember right, those stands really don't attach to anything on a valk. They just give you something to sit them on that's above the ground. If anything, they might have ledges or hooks that the wings might rest their trailing edges in, but I wouldn't bet they'd be sized correctly for Yamato's wings to attach to.

They might be able to hold a VF-1, but keep in mind.. those are meant for styrene kits, which are much lighter than any Yamato valk. They might be strong enough to support it, but they're not meant for it. If I remember right, those stands really don't attach to anything on a valk. They just give you something to sit them on that's above the ground. If anything, they might have ledges or hooks that the wings might rest their trailing edges in, but I wouldn't bet they'd be sized correctly for Yamato's wings to attach to.

True. I was thinking the same. The hooks go to the back of the wings, which are adjustable for different sized Valks. I was just wondering how they'd hold up (if anyone had experience with them), since they have 4 levels for tilting, and that the gundam stands (which are also meant for models) seem to be able to hold the VF-1s pretty okay, with the adapter

Quick question, does anybody here know if the Hasegawa Macross stand (2pcs) set are capable of holding up the 1/60 VF-1? Preferably with strike pack

I tried that and they didn't work at all. The yamato valkyries are too heavy and there's no good way to attach the stand to the valkyrie.

• 3 weeks later...

EXO, have you ever though of making adapters like these that could connect to 1/4" round rod? I like to make my own stands that are a lot less noticable than the Yamato or bandai stands.

• 2 weeks later...

EXO, have you ever though of making adapters like these that could connect to 1/4" round rod? I like to make my own stands that are a lot less noticable than the Yamato or bandai stands.

Just saw this. Not really a lot of use for this, PM me if you really want it.

I've uploaded the adapters that removes the need for the hinge. It makes for a more sturdier stand and can actually hold a 1/48 with Fast Packs. I had to create ones with angles that bank because removing the hinge means less pose-ability There should be enough variety to suit your needs.

I've also renamed the product so the number of different ones won't be confusing.

B2Y - Bandai to Yamato

B2Y classic - the original ones that people have been purchasing that goes on the hinged part of the stand. Allows more pose-ability but won't hold heavier valks

B2Y unhinged - comes in three varieties: level, Starboard (banking) and Port (banking)

I've also bundled them up in different sorts for price breaks.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/exodigital

Here are pics of the Unhinged version. I've angled the adapters forward so it won't be in such a climb (like the one shown here). You definitely need that square part of the base to hold the weight up of a 1/48. It'll tip over without it.

post-151-0-16769100-1358026576_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-54986700-1358026577_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-15459400-1358026579_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-27239700-1358026580_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-12395400-1358026581_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-38021400-1358026582_thumb.jpgpost-151-0-39783500-1358026583_thumb.jpg

http://www.shapeways...hops/exodigital

These adapters have been a life saver. I managed to snag several old Yamato stands from a member here about a year ago that handle the heavier 17's and 19's but these adapters have made putting the rest of my fleet on stands so much easier/cheaper. I don't know if anybody has mentioned this yet but the VF-4 holds up just fine in all three modes on the original adapters that use the hinge.

• 3 weeks later...

bought the unhinged version. I say this adapter is a very good product.

So far i tried to mount vf-1j battroid mode with armored parts, it stayed balance. And finally i used it to display my vf-4g fighter mode with extending the lever. Hopefully it stayed nicely.

good job exo. i just bought some more

EXO do you have a link to the one that eliminates the hinge? and also the "tight" version?

All the ones that elimate the hinge are called "Unhinged".

There's only 2 options there that aren't "Unhinged" and that's the "Classic" and the set of 5 "Classics". It's just a different type of grouping.

http://www.shapeways.com/shops/exodigital

The all fit tightly. I changed the tolerance for all the adapters in the beginning and tested it. That's why I only offer one material called white, strong and flexible. Because the polished version goes thru a process that will variably change tolerance.

You can also color these with permanent markers. Just be careful not to get marker ink on your fingers and then touch your stand or your valk or everything in your house. I'd color one end and wait for it to dry and then color the other end later.

I've used a gundam action base 2 to prop up my battroid YF-21 (which is probably the least stable macross toy I've ever had). Take note though that it's really small and the mounting head unit is totally different, so EXO's adapters won't work. Action base 2 is too small to hold up anything in fighter or gerwalk mode.

Never used action base 3.

I was able to get the Vf-11b to sit on the gundam stand with the adapter. I had to position it exactly as shown in the pics below:
As long as i didn't bump it too bad it manage to hold the pose for 2 days and counting. However if i did bump it, the following happened:

That's odd, I didn't have any problems with my 11C staying on the stand for extended periods.

I was able to get the Vf-11b to sit on the gundam stand with the adapter. I had to position it exactly as shown in the pics below:
As long as i didn't bump it too bad it manage to hold the pose for 2 days and counting. However if i did bump it, the following happened:

Try tigthen the screw, had the same porblem , just make sure you don't overthight.

Edited by Froy