Macross v.01 vf-25f w/super parts

Hikaru1234567890

Well, considering the cost of the V.2 VF-25s, if you got the blue tinted Alto giftset for cheap, it's really kind of a bargain. That particular one was probably the best bundled release of the V.1 VF-25s, with a few fixes the others never got. I picked one up because that one didn't sell well, and it went on heavy discount.

It's not great in battroid, and pretty terrible in gerwalk, but it makes a nice fighter display. The super packs help to hide some of the shortcomings of the first version.

Edited by Chronocidal

Nice, I ended up with a v1 Alto sealed box for around the same price. No complaints here after multiple transformations as long as you know up front what the downsides are of the v1. I do handle the toy with the extreme delicacy like I'm defusing a thermal detonator. . . But it works for me. I wish I had the super parts kit just for the stand but I can settle for a flightpose.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a super parts set for my Alto v1. The included stand works great for battroid mode. The stand doesn't work good for fighter mode w/o super parts installed unless you put down the rear landing gear (but it looks kind of funny).

I began to install some of the super parts and didn't want to risk scratching the wing paint from trying to slide on the huge wing boosters (clearance is tight) so I put them back in the box. I only bought the set for the stand anyway.