21 Jump Street is based on the 1987 TV series that helped jumpstart the FOX Network. The film stars Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum, with special appearances from original TV cast members Johnny Depp, Holly Robinson Peete, and Peter DeLuise.

The film premiered on March 16 and has earned US$201 million at the box-office. It's also gotten good reviews, with an 85% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Due to the success of this film, a sequel is in the works.

Official Site Edited by areaseven

• 1 year later...

I was a teenager during the days that 21 JS was a t.v. series, and I always believed this show was important because it covered a lot of issues that teenagers had to face and that their parents refused to address; violence, death, rape, preganancy, narcotics, broken families, or D: ALL OF THE ABOVE. The fact that 21 JS was then converted into a completely unfunny movie with two leads who have the same amount of charisma and chemistry as two pet rocks just insults the great thing that 21 JS was back-in-the-day. I will say of this retro-resurrection the same thing that I decree for all others: if it came from the 80's, and possibly the 90's, it's better just to leave it there...

Edited by myk

I was a teenager during the days that 21 JS was a t.v. series, and I always believed this show was important because it covered a lot of issues that teenagers had to face and that their parents refused to address; violence, death, rape, preganancy, narcotics, broken families, or D: ALL OF THE ABOVE. The fact that 21 JS was then converted into a completely unfunny movie with two leads who have the same amount of charisma and chemistry as two pet rocks just insults the great thing that 21 JS was back-in-the-day. I will say of this retro-resurrection the same thing that I decree for all others: if it came from the 80's, and possibly the 90's, it's better just to leave it there...

And that's all I have to say about that.

Nailed it! Though the new film was sorta funny... I would have liked it more if it had not been called 21 Jump Street.

Is this change in brand a metaphor for how the youth of today views serious problems? Anybody see Juno? We have comedies about teenage pregnancy... We sure didn't have that 20 years ago.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...