See, it's topics like this that remind me of my utter noobishness when it comes to the game. I hope onto multiplayer to enjoy the game, get some rounds in, and advance the plot of Spartan Ops. This one-upmanship about achievements and rankings and points is not my cup of tea...

... yet. Watch out.

The banter between Mike and I was total sarcasm. He's wrapped up in school and I work OT about 3 times a week so putting in the time get an actual high rank isn't remotely possible. I know a few guys that have been the max level of 130 for two weeks now. All the challenges I go after are in Spartan Ops and those are for armor or stuff like that.

The banter between Mike and I was total sarcasm. He's wrapped up in school and I work OT about 3 times a week so putting in the time get an actual high rank isn't remotely possible. I know a few guys that have been the max level of 130 for two weeks now. All the challenges I go after are in Spartan Ops and those are for armor or stuff like that.

Hmm. I'm detecting no fear on your part. Don't you think you could at least try a little harder to quake in terror? Maybe just a smidgen?

Got to level 60 today, finishing my Pioneer and was able to pick my second specialization so I went with the Rogue. The fast track ability is pretty sweet. I finish a round on matchmaking Spartan Ops and got 13k xp total with the Mt. Dew double xp bonus.

Got to level 60 today, finishing my Pioneer and was able to pick my second specialization so I went with the Rogue. The fast track ability is pretty sweet. I finish a round on matchmaking Spartan Ops and got 13k xp total with the Mt. Dew double xp bonus.

I feel dumb because I picked wetwork for my first specialization because at the time I thought that the DMR skin and stealth armor mod would be really cool/useful for SWAT; completely forgeting the fact that SWAT only allows preset classes so none of that would be useable. :rolleyes:

I like the pioneer set for the armor, but kind of want to do pathfinder next for the AR skin.

I feel dumb because I picked wetwork for my first specialization because at the time I thought that the DMR skin and stealth armor mod would be really cool/useful for SWAT; completely forgeting the fact that SWAT only allows preset classes so none of that would be useable. :rolleyes:

I like the pioneer set for the armor, but kind of want to do pathfinder next for the AR skin.

I'm going after that DMR skin next. Wish I didn't forget about it when it came time to pick.

Man, frakk this game. I've never seen anything get so frakking broken by a god damn map pack before in my life. frakking bullshit you can't get a refund on digital content even if it's this crap, frakk Microsoft and frakk 343 they can take their crap game and shove it up their collective asses.

Edited by anime52k8

Man, frakk this game. I've never seen anything get so frakking broken by a god damn map pack before in my life. frakking bullshit you can't get a refund on digital content even if it's this crap, frakk Microsoft and frakk 343 they can take their crap game and shove it up their collective asses.

What exactly is the issue you're experiencing?

What exactly is the issue you're experiencing?

yeah, how did it break the game for you?

I was just in a really bad mood because after about an hour of getting stuck in capture the flag and extraction matches (I don't like either of those game modes, CTF has a stupidly long spawn delay and I just dislike extraction in general) I just started quitting out of matches that where in game modes I didn't want to play, which got me auto-banned from playing matchmaking for a hour. (I quit out of like 3 games :rolleyes: )

And the only reason I was in that playlist (crimson DLC) was because they removed the King of the hill playlist for some stupid reason so now the only way to get KOTH games is randomly in the DLC playlist.

was it really laggy for anyone else? I was getting like 15fps there on the last mission.

It was lagging so bad on my end there where times I couldn't even move. :p

It was fine for me which means I was most likely hosting. Due to the way their servers are set up for Coop Campaign/Spartan Ops it typically causes the person with the crap connection to host. Please don't hate me.

It was fine for me which means I was most likely hosting. Due to the way their servers are set up for Coop Campaign/Spartan Ops it typically causes the person with the crap connection to host. Please don't hate me.

ah... then I'm going to blame "lag" as to why you were getting twice as many kills as the rest of us... that's it... lag...

ah... then I'm going to blame "lag" as to why you were getting twice as many kills as the rest of us... that's it... lag...

No that's from me playing to much and knowing what weapon to bring to what enemy spawn. We can blame that on me having no social life beyond Xbox or MW.

When are you getting a mic? Do I have to send you one for xmas? Or we can do a trade + cash for the next valk I buy off you.

Edited by Benson13

No that's from me playing to much and knowing what weapon to bring to what enemy spawn. We can blame that on me having no social life beyond Xbox or MW.

When are you getting a mic? Do I have to send you one for xmas? Or we can do a trade + cash for the next valk I buy off you.

I got a mic but for some reason it's not working with halo. I gotta figure out what's going on.

Can I use that code there ben-son?

On the Crimson DLC, its okay. I don't mind CTF or extraction... I usually let the peons try to do the capping, and focus on killing.

That code is for the first person to use it.

Getting back to DLC, I really don't like the new maps all that much. Harvest is ok, but it's way to large for how little open space their is. Not that big a deal on slayer or CTF but on smaller game modes like SWAT and slayer pro it's hard to actually find anyone to shoot at durring a round. Shatter has a pretty decent layout and is pretty good for objective modes (although the teleporters are kind of cheap in CFT/oddball) but the Mantises are so OP in Slayer matches. And wreckage, I've played close to a dozen matches on it and I still can't figure out the layout just because everything looks the same.

Getting back to DLC, I really don't like the new maps all that much. Harvest is ok, but it's way to large for how little open space their is. Not that big a deal on slayer or CTF but on smaller game modes like SWAT and slayer pro it's hard to actually find anyone to shoot at durring a round. Shatter has a pretty decent layout and is pretty good for objective modes (although the teleporters are kind of cheap in CFT/oddball) but the Mantises are so OP in Slayer matches. And wreckage, I've played close to a dozen matches on it and I still can't figure out the layout just because everything looks the same.

I'd disagree with you about Shatter and mantises. One, there are a fair bit of power weapons on the match: lasers and rockets balance them out. There are also two mantises; if you have two good pilots they should leave one weak enough to finish with DMRs or whatever. Moreover there is a lot of terrain that bisect the map; if you want to actually get kills with the mantis, you need to cross that terrain and there you're likely to get grenaded or boarded.

I've got a sense of Wreckage now, but I find its problem is that it has ALOT of cover on one side, and what I call "the Alamo." Its that hill that you can camp out and take down anybody who tries to assault it.

I'd disagree with you about Shatter and mantises. One, there are a fair bit of power weapons on the match: lasers and rockets balance them out. There are also two mantises; if you have two good pilots they should leave one weak enough to finish with DMRs or whatever. Moreover there is a lot of terrain that bisect the map; if you want to actually get kills with the mantis, you need to cross that terrain and there you're likely to get grenaded or boarded.

I've got a sense of Wreckage now, but I find its problem is that it has ALOT of cover on one side, and what I call "the Alamo." Its that hill that you can camp out and take down anybody who tries to assault it.

That's all great in theory except that's never how games play out on that map. 9 times out of 10 matches go something like this: Someone on each team grabs a mantis and everyone else rushes for better weapons; within 30 seconds everyone who didn't get a rocket or laser is dead, all of those weapons are depleted and at least one team has a mantis with 50% health or better, At this point whichever team still has a working mantis now has enough firepower to tie down the other team long enough to get control of the majority of the ghosts on the map and from then on the other team is boned. Once one team has vehicle superiority it's pretty much all over for the other team because the guys with the mantis/ghosts can just pin the other team down in D/E where they can't do crap to try and recover because any attempt to make a break for it results in instant death. And because all vehicle spawns are in open areas outside, once one team has vehicles and control of that area they can just keep taking fresh vehicles whenever they spawn in.