However, I have to remember to put it on mute when doing things that don't sound too good over a microphone :)

It wasn't a big deal, personally I find the screams of defenseless women and traumatized children quite uplifting.

Just hit level 30. Want to make it to 50 before my 360 and I are forcefully separated for Xmas holidays (T-T) but given how little time I have to play I dont like my chances. Had a great Big Team Slayer round the other night where I ended up with 35kills thanks to everyone underestimating the power of a mini mac cannon on a warthog ;-) Doesnt happen often but when you get one of those outstanding MP games its just soooo rewarding.

Just hit level 30. Want to make it to 50 before my 360 and I are forcefully separated for Xmas holidays (T-T) but given how little time I have to play I dont like my chances. Had a great Big Team Slayer round the other night where I ended up with 35kills thanks to everyone underestimating the power of a mini mac cannon on a warthog ;-) Doesnt happen often but when you get one of those outstanding MP games its just soooo rewarding.

Best way to level up is drink MT. Dew, get the double xp, and play Spartan Ops with your fellow MW members. We typically get 5950 XP every ten or so minutes depending on who your with.

Sleep... or play halo. not sure what to do...

My inner gamer says grind out a few levels but my body tells me to go to bed. However the responsible adult in me says I have to pull a 12 hour shift tonight so I have some extra money for xmas. Damn you old worn out body why can't you be more user friendly?

Same team as yesterday? If so, great! It means I won't be consistently last again!!

As I've discovered, my preferred methodical approach to Halo combat (namely: as far away as humanly possible) doesn't translate that well with a team of runners'n'gunners who like their combat up close and personal.

Same team as yesterday? If so, great! It means I won't be consistently last again!!

As I've discovered, my preferred methodical approach to Halo combat (namely: as far away as humanly possible) doesn't translate that well with a team of runners'n'gunners who like their combat up close and personal.

It's funny you mention that. I prefer to play the distance game as well however, due to the company I keep I'm forced out of my comfort zone and made to fight for kills. It's a good thing though, as it makes me a better player.

HOLLY F*CK I'VE NEVER BEEN SO CLOSE TO RAGE QUITTING A GAME IN MY LIFE!!!

seriously, f*ck the BR, f*ck the magnum and f*ck frag grenades. :angry:/>

LMFAO! Is this your first Halo?

LMFAO! Is this your first Halo?

No, I just can't stand having to use them. I'm atrocious with them and would much rather be using the DMR/assault rifle/plasma grenades; but I need to use them a lot so I can get the UNSC loadout Mastery Commendation. I want that protector helmet god damn it. :p

Edited by anime52k8

No, I just can't stand having to use them. I'm atrocious with them and would much rather be using the DMR/assault rifle/plasma grenades; but I need to use them a lot so I can get the UNSC loadout Mastery Commendation. I want that protector helmet god damn it. :P/>

I respect your dedication and devotion to your cause. Just don't forget to have fun.

I respect your dedication and devotion to your cause. Just don't forget to have fun.

Oh, I'm having lots of fun now. been playing lots of SWAT; it's got a steep learning curve but it's great once you get the hang of it.

The BR is useless. The Magnum has been useless since it got nerfed in Halo 2. Frag grenades would be better if they had a longer throwing arc. DMR = love. Assault Rifle = spray'n'pray. Sniper Rifle = $$$.

:)

pretty much yeah. the BR isn't itself bad, it's just really redundant because the DMR is way more accurate at range and just as fast up close so the BR has no reason to be used over it. The magnum was good in Halo 3 when you could dual wield it, but with dual wielding out it's almost impossible to kill a fully shielded opponent with a full mag. Frags get good if you use the grenadier tactical package, the explosives support package, and play a lot of King of the hill.

I still like the BR but I find the DMR/AR a better option MOST of the time. Anyone else think Spartan Ops week 6 Episode 1 is tough? I died 3 times yesterday on that.

You mean week 5? yeah, episode 1 was a bitch. Crawlers and watchers en masse are by far the worst enemies to fight; they're individually pretty weak but they make you burn through ammo and will just drain your shields before you even know what's happening.

I still like the BR but I find the DMR/AR a better option MOST of the time. Anyone else think Spartan Ops week 6 Episode 1 is tough? I died 3 times yesterday on that.

I got the right people together and we hopped on the miniguns creating a wall o' frak for the enemies to run through. None made it. We only had one death out of the 4 of us and that was because he was AFK in the beginning. As long as those turrets stay on the tripods you're money. If one turret falls off then that person should get rockets to pick up the slack however DO NOT fire the rockets in the direction of the operational turrets because you may damage them.

It's also good if you have a regen field. I popped mine around the turret I was using and just went to town.

On a seperate note does anyone want to share their loadouts for different gametypes?

On a seperate note does anyone want to share their loadouts for different gametypes?

my first loadout slot is DMR+AR, plasma grenades, jetpack for my armor upgrade, firepower tactical package and ammo support package. I use this for just about everything.

I also have the same setup but with lightrifle and suppressor for Spartan ops missions with lots of Promethean.

And my third regular loadout is an AR and a boltshot with Frag grenades, jetpack, Grenadier tactical package and explosives support package for use in king of the hill matches.

everything else is just what guns I'm trying to get commendations for.

ahahaha, finally completed my solo legendary run. I hate those binary rifle dogs so very, very much.

ahahaha, finally completed my solo legendary run. I hate those binary rifle dogs so very, very much.

Let me guess, on the last level you go up a ramp that spawns 2 or 3 dogs, you kill them, round a corner going left to the objective switch, and blamo! Binary to the face.

you know what the worst thing is? Have a commendation for 250 AR kills pop up only to realize you need 1500 more to be done with the thing. :wacko:

:edit:

and 1751 DMR kills, and 685 pistol kills, and 1601 battle rifle kills, and 314 frag kills...

:edit:edit:

oh, and apparently 3:00am pacific time is when all the Aussies come out to play because I've noticed everyone suddenly has locus helmets.

Edited by anime52k8

Picked it up a few days ago and started playing. A friend and I burned through the campaign, and I'm back on matchmaking with my gaming group. Biggest difference was actually switching over to Bumper Jumper because of how they moved around the controls. Getting melee hits seems that much tougher too. Basically I'm using the same basic combo I did in Reach: DMR, Magnum, Sprint. But hey now I get to run around forever, regen and fast reload for free.

The server is also weird to play on. In the last 6 months of reach the server was basically made up of alot of veterans scrapping it out for kills. Now its just inundated with new players that are feeding kills. 3.0K/D is the norm...

Spartan Ops is a cool concept... I don't know if they will continue it for the forceable future, but I'm really impressed by the concept. I've only played a few games (partly because of matchmaking) but I'll probably play a few missions in the near future.

Let me guess, on the last level you go up a ramp that spawns 2 or 3 dogs, you kill them, round a corner going left to the objective switch, and blamo! Binary to the face.

yup, the indignity made worse by my 6 year old son cackling with as I get vaporized.

yup, the indignity made worse by my 6 year old son cackling with as I get vaporized.

My daughter does the same thing to me. It like a stab to the heart and they don't even know it.

Jan 21st. They're putting on a big contest in the meantime. Good news is they are putting on a "Best Of Spartan Ops" kind of thing. Here's a link with more details.

http://m.joystiq.com/2012/12/07/halo-4s-spartan-ops-returns-jan-21/?post=1&icid=joystiq_home_latest_art

Also my little hiatus from Halo is over. I got the last couple achievements on Skyrim and now it's time to level up my Spartan some more.

Also my little hiatus from Halo is over. I got the last couple achievements on Skyrim and now it's time to level up my Spartan some more.

yeah it is, I think I just mannaged to pass you on levels. BTW, has anyone else noticed some odd glitches with scoped human weapons? with the BR, DMR and magnums I get some odd stuff like stuck scopes and disappearing reticules. I'm not sure what's causing it.

Edited by anime52k8