Age Check! :)

ircnutsy

i'm 25, i watch robotech/macross back in the early 80's. and when i was 14 i rented a vhs episode. it was teh episode where Exidore does the minmay dance and i was like "this is so familar, where have i seen this before?" and then i spent the next 5 years trying to figure out what the heck this show was. anyways, i forgot what my point was.

1 1/55 scale Max Valk toynami

1 1/60 Valk

Capt. Kraimer out.

:) I am 26 years old. I have 7 Takatoku Valkyries 1/55's and several match box toys. My favorite toy is a Gakken alpha fighter with no wings and a repaired arm. I've had since I was almost 9 years old. I bought a couple of Bandai valkyries for customizing.

I'm 27 with:

-Animeigo 3 mini boxed DVD sets

-ADV Mospeada 5 disc DVD set

-Yamato 1/60 Valkyries VF-1a Max & VF-1s Focker types

-Gakken Mospeada Large Ride Armor, Stick type

-Toynami SD Morhers Legioss/Alphas Stick, Fuke, Belmont and Shadow types

-Toynami SD Morphers, VF-1d Trainer Type and VF-1j Super Millia types

-Toynami Super Poseable VF-1j Super Millia type

-Banpresto Perfect Transformation Valkyrie CF-1AJS Super type

~G25

I'm 21 and got addicted to Valks when I was a kid and saw them at a toy store when I was a kid (they were just beginning to become extinct by then). The first one I ever saw, and am still looking for, was a 1/100 Takatoku VF-1S Roy.

I'm a senior in college now and am known by all my friends and co-workers (I work for a newspaper) as "the guy who has a robot fetish".

Waay OT, but last night my roomies' Japanese friend came over, saw my robots and laughed

Im 30, but i still get mistaken for lookin 17 B))

Age is just a number. I still act and look like I'm 21. Of course, when I was 21, I wasn't collecting toys. I was interested in careers, college, the U.S. Army, women, and women!

I'm old and pathetic now.

:(

I discovered "Robotech" again in 1999. Stupid internet and Ebay!

I'm shock that all these wipper-snapper 20 year olds are into Macross. You'd think they would be collecting Power Rangers and Pokemon action figures <_<

Then again, Macross II, Mac +, Mac 7, and Zero might have some kind of brainwashing influence on these teenage dirtbags ;)

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

Montarvillois,

Quit whining you baby...I just turned 39 last week. :o

I guess that gives me the dubious honor of being the oldest fart so far. Lucky me.  But actually, I think I am pretty lucky.

I got hooked back when I was in college. My dorm was full of geeks, so several of us started watching RT. My softmore year I remember getting up early and watching RT (not sure if it was broadcast or on my VCR) in the morning before heading off to my 8am classes.

I was really ticked off when 3 of my friends went to the local comic shop and picked up the Bandai 1/72 HCM VF-1S without telling me, and by the time I found out there weren't any left in San Diego (and for all of you young'uns, this was before you could buy stuff on the Internet).

Fast forward 15+ years, I'm making some decent money now and can spend much more money than I should on toys. And a couple of years ago I bought one of those  Bandai 1/72 HCM VF-1S toys I'd been wanting for the over 15 years.  I paid a pretty penny for it, but it was dream come true and I'm never getting rid of that thing...when I take it out and play with it, it brings back those times like they were just yesterday. Plus, it acts as a reminder to never give up on your dreams and there's always time to grow up later ;-). My friends (even ex-RT fans) and fiancee think I'm silly for spending as much money as I do on this stuff, but I don't really care. 

I'm now focusing on the 1/48 line and have one of each (plus an extra LowVis, 2 FPs, and a clear FP on order). I'm trying to limit my new purchases to the 1/48 line mainly because of the space everything takes up in my house and I don't want to spend money on offsite storage :unsure:

No matter how long you live, life is too short to waste it acting like an adult and letting go of the things you enjoy just because others think you should. :p

Darkon

Correction, I should be laughing at you... :blink:

Just kidding! Gotta respect a veteran fan ;)

Edited by 91WhiskeyM6

• 2 years later...

The last time someone asked how old I was, I stalled as if I forgot my age. I guess when you are old no one loves you?? :( . Well, I just turned 29 in Jan. Loved Macross since the day it broadcast in '85. The sad part was Transformers "Jetfire" was the thing next to Macross that I can grasp. Wish I knew about the import toy-stores where they actually sell Takatoku and Bandai. And now I have the following that are in "Dead Stock" conditions:

Takatoku

- VF-1S GBP 1/55 set

Bandai

- VF-1S Strike Valk 1/55 X 8

- VF-1A Valk 1/55 (DYRL) X 2 (One MISB)

- VF-1A Valk 1/100

- VT-1 Super Ostrich 1/55

- VE-1 Elintseeker 1/55

- VF-1S Valk 1/72 (DYRL) HCM

- VF-1S Valk Joke Machine

Bandai Reissue

- VF-1S Super Valkyrie 1/55 X 7

- VF-1S

- VF-1J

- VF-1A

- VF-1A (DYRL) X 5

Yamato 1/48

- VF-1S Ichijo (DYRL)

- VF-1A Ichijo (DYRL)

- VF-1A Jenius (DYRL)

- VF-1S Fokker (DYRL)

- VF-1A (CF)

- Super Strike Pack X 6

- GBP X 6

- VB-1 Koneig Monster 1/100

Edited by Agent-GHQ

14/cali/f

BLOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL!!!!!!

Nah nah nah. 21 here.

I like how pretty much most of us are 20+ since ya know, which 13 year old kid watches something from 1982? (they'll think its more like 1882). This board generally has an "older" audience, and when I mean "old", I think of well..young/mid adults, which is nice. Nice to talk to mature people. Well, maturity doesn't always correlate with age now, does it?

As for Valks:

HASEGAWA 1/72s:

1. VF-1 Built

2. VF-1D Built

3. VE-1 Elintseeker Built 98% done

4. VT-1 Super Ostrich - unbuilt new in box

5. VF-1S sitting in HLJ's warehouse in Gunma, Japan at this moment (on order)

6. VF-0D also in HLJ's warehouse

7. VF-19 also in HLJ's whore-house

8. VF-21...see above.

RESIN KITS:

9. VF-4 Lightning - sitting somewhere in Valk009's house in HK right now...

TOYS:

10. Yamato VF-11B just claimed today from Rob via eBay, whenever I get around paying him...sitting somewhere in Osaka whilst the writing of this post...

11. 1/55 Bandai Roy Focker VF-1J (3 feet away from me)

12. 1/55 Bandai Canon Fodder (3 feet away from me)

Edited by Spatula

i'm 21 with 11 years experience :lol:

ok,i'm 32.first saw a valk on that robotech show back when i was just 5 or 6.

i've had about 10 custom 1/55's,2 reissues,4 1/60 yamato's,3 1/72 yamato's & 3 1/48 yamato's(1 of them a custom).i'm now starting to aquire everything for my first,full 1/48 custom by a major player here.i'm not much on keeping a large volume of toys,just a few very select & choice pieces. B))

30, going on 51...

My craving for Variable fighters faded out with my need for watching new anime, years ago. Let's see, I've got a '19 2nd edition, the VF-19A, 3x '21 1st editions, 1x '21 FP edition, 1x'11B 1st edition, the very first '48 1A, a Low Viz, Miria's '48 1J, all of the Bandai '55 reissues, 3 original Bandai Strike Valkyries, 2x Bandai VF-19S, a Bandai VF-17S, the '60 series Roy, Max and Hikaru types, the '60 Super 'J, and my very first variable fighter, my original Takatoku VF-1S...

I really wanted to get the VB-6, '48 CF and the latest '48 S but..... -_-

Edited by myk

I'm 25, going to be 26 in Nov.

My Macross Collection:

Yamato:

1/48 VF-1S Hikaru

1/60 VF-1D

1/72 YF-21 fast pack

1/72 VF-11B fast pack

1/72 VF-19A

1/72 YF-19 2nd edition

Takatoku:

1/3000 SDF-1

Studio Half Eye:

VA-3 Invader

Bandai:

1/8000 SDF-1

1/144 VF-11 Maxl kai

1/65 VF-17S

1/65 VF-17D

1/65 VF-19Kai Fire Valkyrie

1/100 VF-2SS Valkyrie II

Copy from Yellow Submarine:

1/4000 SDF-1 Attack mode

waitting for more valks... :rolleyes:

I'm 25, my first valk is right now waiting in the post office for delivery to my city. A Yamato 1/48 vf-1j + fast pack + stand. I've never even seen one besides in pictures. If I'm lucky it will be here tomorrow. Naah, propably takes a couple of days more... <_< And If I'm not lucky they will send it again to customs and collect a "nice" 20% (or something) tax... :ph34r: