DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Toyarena still has them for $149.99 plus tax and shipping. Still better than ebay prices though.

http://www.toyarena.com/product_info.php/macross-frontier-chogokin-rvf-renewal-super-parts-and-ghosts-chogokin-tamashii-web-shop-limited-p-8950

Edited by OzmaLee74

I have no problem sticking to that rule cause I have no money for more :-(

yeah, no doubles! forever:)

Yeah, budgetary concerns have been foremost on my mind as well zzgundam.

And David, I'll have you know that I do in fact have two RVF-25's, but that's not because I ordered (2) it's because a certain store sent me the wrong item and then tried to make go thru hoops to exchange it - so I just kept it instead.

:p

Toyarena still has them for $149.99 plus tax and shipping. Still better than ebay prices though.

http://www.toyarena.com/product_info.php/macross-frontier-chogokin-rvf-renewal-super-parts-and-ghosts-chogokin-tamashii-web-shop-limited-p-8950

Not a great price, but not a horrible one either. If it were $ 149.99 with shipping then I'd say jump all over it.

-b.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but anyone who has both the bandai model kit as well as the DX, mind doing me a favour and measuring the ghosts? Just want to know how close in size they are. A comparison pic would be nice too, but I would be happy with just measurements.

Thanks!

grrrr!!! I want this set so bad!!! :angry:

if anyone has a set in good condition that they are willing to sell me for a somewhat reasonable price just shoot me a PM.. thanks!

There was one on manda for a good price not too long ago. It comes up once in a while. Keep checking there.

There was one on manda for a good price not too long ago. It comes up once in a while. Keep checking there.

I have seen them on there in the past but always seemed to have had something else on my purchase / wish list at the time and missed out.. will definitely keep a closer eye out for one.

The ghost/super set is well worth it.llbrJJdl.jpg

Yes indeed it is! Im super jelly :(

It does have panel lines, but Im not skilled enough to capture them on my phone's camera. You can take a look here for more pics http://dalong.net/review/etc/mf05/mf05_p.htm

That is one sweet kit!! Edited by spanner76

I think the 1/72 kit ghosts are just as detailed (if not more), but the kit details are much finer, and the panel lines are typical of the Bandai valk kits, so they don't show up well without some panel lining, or a wash.

The 1/60 set are all pre-painted, and the details pop much more because they're not quite so finely engraved. I think they do have a couple things the kits don't though, like the clear lens tips on the link antennas under the nose.

It does have panel lines, but Im not skilled enough to capture them on my phone's camera. You can take a look here for more pics http://dalong.net/review/etc/mf05/mf05_p.htm

I think the 1/72 kit ghosts are just as detailed (if not more), but the kit details are much finer, and the panel lines are typical of the Bandai valk kits, so they don't show up well without some panel lining, or a wash.

The 1/60 set are all pre-painted, and the details pop much more because they're not quite so finely engraved. I think they do have a couple things the kits don't though, like the clear lens tips on the link antennas under the nose.

Yeah, it looks like they have the same amount of detail but with the model's panel lines and such being much finer.

On a side note, man, the close ups really show just how much the quality of Bandai's decals suck. They ought to be embarassed. People could print homemade decals better than that.

The dalong pics are the stickers, not the decals. That said, the water slides in the kit are only marginally better. Painting would certainly be the better option.

As with a lot of things, in a pinch, the purchase price of the model kit ghosts is certainly cheaper, but how much is your time worth to get them looking good?

That's where I'm at right now...

The dalong pics are the stickers, not the decals. That said, the water slides in the kit are only marginally better. Painting would certainly be the better option.

As with a lot of things, in a pinch, the purchase price of the model kit ghosts is certainly cheaper, but how much is your time worth to get them looking good?

That's where I'm at right now...

Reminds me of something I learned in college Economics; opportunity cost.

I'm a "matching set" snob, so even if I had the skill set you possess when it comes to building models I'd either splurge and ruin my budget by buying the DX RVF Super Parts/Ghost set or save to buy a set the minute one pops up for sale.

Either way, I don't envy having to decide - so good luck!

-b.

• 9 months later...

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but this looks like the right place for my question....

Tonight, I decided I wanted to display my VF-25S in Battroid, and my RVF-25 in fighter. When Luca's in Battroid with his super parts, the radome disappears. Anyway, when I was mounting the gunpod, I failed to line up the front mounting bracket properly. When I tried to click it in, the bracket cracked. I am so pissed at myself right now.

If there's anybody who a) has made replacement brackets on Shapeways, or b) has multiples and plans to keep one in Battroid for all time, I would love to buy a replacement.

In the alternative, if there's anyone who's had to glue one of these, please let me know what kind of glue you used. I know cyanoacrylate will stick, but I'd prefer to use something more like a plastic cement, since it will make a stronger bond. But since I'm not 100% certain of the type of plastic, I'm hesitant to just grab something off the shelf.

Thanks for any assistance.

--G

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, but this looks like the right place for my question....

Tonight, I decided I wanted to display my VF-25S in Battroid, and my RVF-25 in fighter. When Luca's in Battroid with his super parts, the radome disappears. Anyway, when I was mounting the gunpod, I failed to line up the front mounting bracket properly. When I tried to click it in, the bracket cracked. I am so pissed at myself right now.

If there's anybody who a) has made replacement brackets on Shapeways, or b) has multiples and plans to keep one in Battroid for all time, I would love to buy a replacement.

In the alternative, if there's anyone who's had to glue one of these, please let me know what kind of glue you used. I know cyanoacrylate will stick, but I'd prefer to use something more like a plastic cement, since it will make a stronger bond. But since I'm not 100% certain of the type of plastic, I'm hesitant to just grab something off the shelf.

Thanks for any assistance.

--G

Can you post a picture of the crack? Glue probably wouldn't hold on something that clips. I may have some time today to throw it up on shapeways.

Edit: Just modeled this. Printing it out to test fit. Due to the size of the tab that goes into the valk, I think Shapeways would be a better choice over my printer. If it works, and you want one, I can send you what my printer kicks out for the cost of shipping.

YSRYumpm.jpg

Edit: I had to clean up the small tab a little after printing, but it works.

MOBzt6Vh.jpg

UArGiKuh.jpg

sP0v7QKh.jpg

ByNrHLYh.jpg

R1zQV42h.jpg

xidQ9QZh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

That's the stuff. I just managed to get my pictures loaded to Photobucket, but you figured out what I was talking about.

I was about to place an order with you for a couple of the Bandai DX starter kits anyway. It's the first of several purchases I have planned for the coming months. Any chance you could drop the piece in with those?

--G

That's the stuff. I just managed to get my pictures loaded to Photobucket, but you figured out what I was talking about.

I was about to place an order with you for a couple of the Bandai DX starter kits anyway. It's the first of several purchases I have planned for the coming months. Any chance you could drop the piece in with those?

--G

Let me know when you order. I'll put a couple in for free.

PM sent.

Also, just for anyone else who happens by, it's this kind of direct personal interaction with your potential customer base that first drew my attention to Yeti Stand. It is awesome to meet a fan who has the vision to know what will make our Valks display well, the passion to take that idea and make it a reality, and the decency to help people out when they're in a bind. It's nice to run into business men who care about their customer base. I'm looking forward to replacing all my stands with Yeti Stands.

--G

Edited by Goobermunch

I would love to replace all my stands with Yeti stands, but my collection is so huge that I would need some sort of bulk pricing to even be able to make a dent.

PM me and tell what you are thinking.

I would love to replace all my stands with Yeti stands, but my collection is so huge that I would need some sort of bulk pricing to even be able to make a dent.

Just curious if you have ever posted up pics of your huge collection!? Im just not willing to dig through the collection display thread.. ;)

Yeti, I will wait until I am sure of what I want to do for display cases before I really take the dive in on these awesome display stands. :)

Spanner, no I have not posted up very many pics. I have never posted pics of the whole thing either. I tend to just keep my list in my sig for reference. Most of them are actually in their boxes stashed in every place I can find around the house lol. I really want to display them all one day when I get the right displays setup, Detolfs are just too small for all of this stuff. I have found some really nice cases in China but they are large and require a minimum order quantity. I would love to arrange a group buy on something like that but the logistics would be hell.

Edited by Loop