DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Woohoo!!! Finally received mine via Registered SAL from NY - wow the level of detail and painted/tampo markings is amazing. Thanks again to NY for declaring a lower value on the box - it saved me customs and duty in Canada which is often 25% of the cost again. Now if I can only find the time to properly detail them up to mate it with the RVF-25... All this almost makes up for the silly minty green colour ;-)

thanks for posting, though it went much lower a couple weeks back at cdjapan (although the shipping was horribly pricey) before going out of stock.

Wow, I didn't realize you could mount the stand vertically and keep the valk up high in fighter mode. Will have to try this out!

Yes ! Of course you can ! The stand is ugly on itself, but vertically isn´t that much, and you can see the underside of the Valk ! And the giant stabilizer looks amazing that way :D

I opened my RVF-25 Super Parts (the one from the VF-25G as well; sorry no additional small thruster nozzles) and I must say the Ghost drones are looking great when you have them in hand.

Of course the ball joints on the stands are terrible loose as well as one of the tiny thruster nozzles on the engine pods. Bandai seems to have a problem with ball joints in general. ^_^

[edit: ] after inspecting the Ghosts a bit more I found out that one of them has a paint splotch behind the camera eye on the top where they tried to fix a mistake. It is visible when you take a close look but since they come in threes I guess I can put that one in the background.

Edited by Scyla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just received mine today. The colour is really nice and looks a lot better than in the pictures. Is anyone aware where I may be able to find a transformation instructions video please? I have searched all over the place but all I seem to get is the review videos (which dont show step by step transformation method).

I finally opened up my RVF armor and put it on my RVF-25 when I noticed a small section of the chest armor missing so I was not able to put it on. Oh well I always thought the chest armor looked weird in fighter mode and left it off, but still I would have liked to have made that choice on my own.

• 3 months later...

Can someone please accurately measure the peg of the ghost display arm that pegs into the display base? Diameter and length, in decimal millimeters.

Please and thank you.

Ah, still working on your display stands? Excellent. The wait will be worth it.

I updated my workshop post. I am looking at getting the ghost set and may have a neat way of integrating them into the base of the stand.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Perfect!I wish I could help you about your request though...

Not a big deal. It wouldn't be something I would want to incorporate into each base, as it only relates to the RVF.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Not a big deal. It wouldn't be something I would want to incorporate into each base, as it only relates to the RVF.

Do you have any Tamashii Stand?

They are same, a good friend of mine who has the Ghost Set measured the pegs.

The peg that you insert to the hexagonal base have a diameter of 5mm.

However, hexagonal bases for Ghosts have hexagonal holes.

Sorry, can't provide any actual measuring images with caliper...

1jyJ8B.jpg

Edited by charger69

Do you have any Tamashii Stand?

They are same, a good friend of mine who has the Ghost Set measured the pegs.

The peg that you insert to the hexagonal base have a diameter of 5mm.

However base for Ghosts have hexagonal holes.

1jyJ8B.jpg

5mm? Awesome. I actually just ordered a rvf super/ghost set. Should be cool.

My rvf is starting to look plain after seeing the photo of the packs and ghosts.

I got them both at the same time, and I am glad I did. The ghosts are one of the things that sets Luca's apart from the other Messiah's. I still like the look of a plain 25, but that is what my prophecy is for :)

Yep, all my orders are placed and will have the following when everything has arrived.

VF-25F w/tornado parts

VF-25S w/armour parts

VF-25G w/super parts

VF-25A w/super parts

RVF-25 w/super parts and ghosts

YF-25 naked

I have also pre-ordered the 25G tornado parts just in case ;)

Edited by The Old Man

Yep, all my orders are placed and will have the following when everything has arrived.

VF-25F w/tornado parts

VF-25S w/armour parts

VF-25G w/super parts

VF-25A w/super parts

YF-25 naked

Wow. Going in head first, huh?

VF-25F w/tornado parts

VF-25S w/armour parts

VF-25G w/super parts

VF-25A w/super parts

YF-25 naked

Well I already have some of them, so it's more about just completing the set. :)

Nice! You just need another 25F to accommodate those Super Parts as well, and then maybe another 25F for his armor parts too.

And then, and then, and then...the list to complete will never be done. :p

Wow. Going in head first, huh?

Right! But I say go for it.

-b.