DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Those 2 gray pieces under the gunpod are the attachments. They are separate pieces that have to be attached in order to hold the gunpod.

I was talking about these tabs here. Looks like the gunpod handle can fit in there w/o attachment if you can truly remove the fin from the arm.

Untitled_zpsd1b263db.jpg

Edited by grymg

but can you take the Elint fin off?

Essentially, no. The main fin could be removed it you unscrew it and pull out the support pin, but you'd still be left with the pivot pieve sticking out of the arm. It's not intended to be removable.

The radome support isn't 'removable' either.

Im with Raptor: The Fin and Radome are the best features, and what i remember most from the show. i only remember him even HAVING a gunpod when Alto slaves into it in Episode 7.

That said the FP's for it are essential, just so you can get the Ghosts.

Guest davidwhangchoi

So, I wonder when HLJ's mysterious June restock is going to happen. :unsure:

i already got a shipping notice from hobby search's restock so i'm guessing tonight or after the weekend.

has anyone that ordered from HLJ, gotten their tracking number or date of arrival???? :blink:

Nop...i bought it yesterday when the windows appear...but nothing more happen.....i dont even pay for it. Just a corfirmation mail.

Maybe they dont have stock at this moment.

Regards from Chile :)

Nop...i bought it yesterday when the windows appear...but nothing more happen.....i dont even pay for it. Just a corfirmation mail.

Maybe they dont have stock at this moment.

Regards from Chile :)

Opps! sorry, i was referring to the windows that opened a couple of weeks ago. ^_^

Got my cancellation email from HF too but no sweat off my back since I didn't provide any payment info anyway. B))

I got a second one off of HLJ anyway so whoever can take their schadenfreude and stuff it. :wub:

I got mine this morning. I paid on the very last day and used EMS.

I was kind of pissed that hobbyfan told me that they got no stock, then told other people they got 10% stock. It sucks that I overpaid a bit, but I got it fairly quick.

5KscwBnl.jpg

KKOuEhTl.jpg

DHwNMzLl.jpg

jolqJ2ml.jpg

mdXYGzYl.jpg

Really love the color and how the communication dish rotates. Looking forward to transforming it this weekend.

Also... what the living frakk is up with all the tape they used to put the cardboard cover on the styrofoam? Seriously, they couldn't just use a few strips to secure it? haha.

Edited by Gakken85

Yup. I hate it. It just gets yellowed and old and impossible to take off, so I try to remove as much as possible without destroying the package.

I wish they could find a way to start using Velcro in packaging. It can't be that much more expensive.

Edited by Gakken85

That is the only responsible way to do it. :D

Since my RVF-25 shipped this week does can someone tell me what material the "head lasers" (on the RVF-25 they are probably antennas) are mode of. And if they are made out of PVC did Bandai include some hard plastic ones?

Can't wait for mine so I can swoosh around with my Skull Squadron. :lol:

That is the only responsible way to do it. :D

Since my RVF-25 shipped this week does can someone tell me what material the "head lasers" (on the RVF-25 they are probably antennas) are mode of. And if they are made out of PVC did Bandai include some hard plastic ones?

Can't wait for mine so I can swoosh around with my Skull Squadron. :lol:

I didn't see any spares like with the 171 canon fodder. You can see my photo of the open package.

You get:

• 4 hands
  • Communications dish
  • Knife and pilot
  • 3 connector bits for the knife and gun.
  • Gun pod
  • Valk.

The head lasers are hard plastic and not rubbery like the 171.

Edited by Gakken85

Thank you that is nice to hear. On the other hand that means that I have to be extra careful transforming it so that the head antennas don't get caught and break.

That leaves my VF-25F and the YF-29 as the two Frontier Valkyries that have soft head lasers that will probably get a terrible yellow tint that wont match the yellow tint on the mech itself. :p

[edit: ] With the knife connector piece you mean the spacer that plugs into the shield so it can connect to the arm without interfering with the ELINT-fin right? I just realized there was a third extra piece myself. I'm not happy about it but I guess there was now easy way to achieve this without some major redesign of the parts. Does this part can stay attached in Fighter-Mode without looking terribly wrong and allowing the fin to swing backwards all the way?

I have to say the RVF-25 seems to be the weakest of the gang since it as so many trade-offs to get everything working. I wonder if Bandai know from the beginning that the ELINT design would cause problems and opted for the cheapest way out or if the designed the Renewals only with the F and S in mind not knowing if they would sell enough to make a G and ELINT version.

The gun connector device on the VF-25G works so well so why not include something fancy on the RVF-25.

This is not a deal breaker in any way since I planned to leave the gun-pod in the box from the beginning and I can live with the shield connector bit if it can stay on the Valkyrie in ever mode but it leaves me a bit worried about the Super VF-27 thinking about all the compromises they have to make to get the original design to work with all the improvements on the Renewals and be able to wear the Super Parts at the same time. :unsure:

Only time will tell I guess. :D

Edited by Scyla