DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

So who says they will be marked down? If at all,I think it will be a while and the extra couple of bucks to have it as an early Christmas present is totally worth it! Just got my confirmation letter from NY!!!

Nippy just confirmed and cancelled my pre-orders. ok now to pouch a site for one..

When you say pre-orders, did they cancel all your other ones too? The e-mail they send states that if you don't pay the invoice they will cancel all your other pre-orders and delete your account.

Guest davidwhangchoi

When you say pre-orders, did they cancel all your other ones too? The e-mail they send states that if you don't pay the invoice they will cancel all your other pre-orders and delete your account.

nah just the 2 rvf-25s i had on pre-order. i cancelled on them several times. nothing happened yet. with all the scalping pricing i doubt they care. unless you go nuts

Hmm... got a payment request from NY. I kind of want to cancel and gamble being able to grab one on release day from AmiAmi or HLJ. Not sure if $30 and faster shipping are worth the effort and the high likelihood that I won't get one at all. (this is my only order, and would be my first VF-25 if I actually manage to get one).

:edit:

seriously, F**k you Bandai for making it so damn hard to waste money on the stupid toys that I want.

Edited by anime52k8

nah just the 2 rvf-25s i had on pre-order. i cancelled on them several times. nothing happened yet. with all the scalping pricing i doubt they care. unless you go nuts

I am also cancel individual pre-order before without affecting my other pre-orders at NY.

I think someone mentioned that is said three ghosts are included. I'm really interested in the price for these parts.

Any idea if other online sites will be carrying the super parts/ghosts besides NY?

So you guys received the payment request, then told NY you wanted to cancel and it was OK?

I also did not get a notice from HF, I figured they would not even come through. I thought someone had reported that they aren't getting enough or any at all.

Edited by Loop

If it comes through, it'll save me about $40 over NY, but NY will probably ship out before HobbyFan, so it's kind of a moot point. I can just say I got two for $160 each. :p

Don't know if I will keep both, but given the recent tendency of Bandai stuff to have parts suddenly explode, having a spare for replacement parts is looking like a good idea.

It's funny though. Despite my lack of any display space, I keep planning in my head how I'd want to display these. I definitely want a second VF-25G (with a crotch piece this time, thanks Bandai <_<) to pose in sniper mode, and the planets aligned somehow so I could get a re-release Alto from AmiAmi, so I can put one in armor to display next to the clean Gallia IV cruising pose. But I really have no idea how I'd display a second Luca or Ozma. A single armored Ozma battroid pose for the center of a display seems like plenty, and Luca was never that important to warrant double billing. :p

I've got two preorders of this too. So I just called the guy at Hobbyfan. Really nice guy.

He told me that

1. They won't get stock for a month after it ships

2. He fully expects to be shorted on his shipment.

I mentioned the situation with the VF-171, which they had for $211, and he said he wasn't sure. He said that Bandai will pump out Gundams, but Macross is always hard and a limited run. I don't think he monitors the market that much to know enough.

So I guess I could cancel the NY one, hope for a HF one which would come later, but I would save almost $100 bucks.

It could all be moot though if Bandai has upped production runs and prices get slashed.

Edited by Gakken85

Just got my payment request too! Gonna keep the order with NY anyway even with the recent price shenanigans. I've gotten this far and I'm not gonna risk it. I'll pay up in a couple days once my new billing period hits on my card.

Just cancelled my otacute and hobbyfan preorders but kept my NY one since I paid for it as soon as I preordered which was dumb on my part so anybody still looking to purchase, keep an eye out on those two sites. Totally forgot about different preorders all coming out the same time.

Also, I don't know if you can say that the Japanese just don't like Canon Fodders, and that's why the 171 is so cheap.

I wish we knew somebody with "connections" to Bandai so we would know if they did increase production.

Also, I don't know if you can say that the Japanese just don't like Canon Fodders, and that's why the 171 is so cheap.

I wish we knew somebody with "connections" to Bandai so we would know if they did increase production.

The VF-25F reissue will probably solve this mystery. We all just have two wait and be patient. Two releases for rather obscure stuff (the YR-29 30th Anniversary reissue and the VF-171CF) can give no indication if something changed with the production numbers. The availability of those two toys just shows that the scalpers seem lost their gamble.

The VF-25F reissue will probably solve this mystery. We all just have two wait and be patient. Two releases for rather obscure stuff (the YR-29 30th Anniversary reissue and the VF-171CF) can give no indication if something changed with the production numbers. The availability of those two toys just shows that the scalpers seem lost their gamble.

I wouldn't say the YF-29 30th anniversary production numbers were more or it didn't sell well. It didnt drop to close to retail or below. Just fell from NY high markup price of 21,500 to 19,500 which is still well above the 17,000 retail price. Also, it was not restock like the VF-171 CF at places like Amiami and Hobby Search. Only the VF-171 CF did badly but all CF appears to be that way anyway. The VF-171 CF is also readily available at Amazon JP unlike the YF-29 30th Anniversary.

Well, I grabbed one off Nippon Yasan. $220 Australian shipped (20700 yen) with EMS shipping. Frankly that's the least I have paid for a Frontier toy, so I'm happy :) I just emailed through my cancellation to hobbyfan, so if anyone wants one there, u might find an extra.

I cancelled my NY order hoping Otacute comes through on their MSRP level pricing. If not, I'm assuming NY would have some extra stock after release. It seems that anything not VF-25F and VF-25S related usually have plenty of stock at release.

Yeah Ima frakking idiot. When i saw it come through that they were gettin ready to ship I was confused because it oesnt come out till next week.

i bought an old one. This is what happens when i make decisions whole tired.

So great, im getting a toy that will last a week and fall apart. Wonderful.

For what it's worth, the original isn't bad in fighter mode with the super packs. I actually considered getting one, just because it was so much cheaper, and I'll probably only display it that way anyway.

From what I remember, the only ones that really fell apart badly were the armored packs, because the design was half-assed, and was never built to hold those packs in the first place.

For what it's worth, the original isn't bad in fighter mode with the super packs.

Yeah, just ignore that the forward fuselage looks like it's upside down and the shopping cart landing gear and the fighter mode looks fine. :p

Actually i called NY in Japan, and they spoke perfect English and helped me cancel the order. Which was very cool of them. I have spoken badly of NY in the past, and i think that may have been my own impatience and being a Dick.

So bravo Nipon Yassan. Much obliged.