DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

HF usually has a later release date (couple/few months). I don't know why. I bought some Hot Toys 12" figures and resin kits from them before. They usually come through except one time they delayed it over and over again, so I ended up cancelling the order. I hope they will come through for the RVF-25.

Sounds pretty similar to BBTS sadly. I had a preorder in on the very first day for the second run of the original YF-29... It never happened. They never updated, never gave any info, and just kept pushing the listed release date back.

I wound up cancelling that order when NY opened up orders for the second run of the 30th anniversary release. I probably had my order in there a good 9 months, with no information from them at all.

Hope Hobby Fan doesn't wind up in the same boat.

If my reorder came through with HF, I'll have one to sell or trade with a VF-171 CF, cause I've got a preorder in for Otacute as well. Luckily I didn't preorder with NY with the high price. I was gonna give on the RVF-25, but got a heads up from this forum and was able to secure one from Otacute.

I have an order in for Hobbyfan too, but I wouldn't count on them. Especially considering the below response OzmaLee74 received.

If your store is "expecting shortages" then close the friggin pre-orders. People pre-order because they want something. Not so they can be told later..."oops, we were shorted. Pre-Order cancelled, no item for you. Sorry" Especially if you are pretty sure that's going to happen ahead of time.

You just don't play with people's emotions!

Hahaha! I like your first suggestion Scyla!

BTW, just received a response from the owner of Hobbyfan regarding the RVF -25. I asked him about the Paypal preorder deposit since I didn't want to give my CC details. Here is the response.

Hello,

No deposit are required at this item.

There is an anticipated shortage on this item.

We will be comfirming with our suppliers.

Henry

I'm not holding my breath...

Hmm, no anticipated shortage? Maybe Henry has a buddy that works at the plant and they can run more without Bandai's consent lol. I am not holding my breath either for my HF pre-order.

Edited by Loop

Hmm, no anticipated shortage? Maybe Henry has a buddy that works at the plant and they can run more without Bandai's consent lol. I am not holding my breath either for my HF pre-order.

According to the email, Henry said "there IS an anticipated shortage"

Edited by Rabidweezil

No they don't. The preorder button is unclickable meaning its closed right now.

No, it's open for $194.66. I've noticed then when I use IE browser the buttons are not clickable sometimes. But if I go to Firefox they work. In IE, if I log out of my account and back in, that tends to fix the issue.

Got another one... Thx!

For me it's clickable and I got confirmation email. Try another browser to see if fixed.

Wow! You guys are right. I'm using safari BTW. Refreshing or even opening up a new page didnt work. Logging out of my NY account fixed it. This sort of glitch may have even cost me the original $151 preorder price now that I think about it....

I think the same happened to me OzmaLee. I was on the thread when it was open at the original price, but could not get the button to work. I couldn't even buy it at the next price bump until I logged out and back in.

I just realized that HLJ had no preorders up. I wonder if they abandoned the Bandai DX Chogokin Valkyrie line due to the fuss with the preorders.

Or were the preorders up and I didn't noticed it.

I just realized that HLJ had no preorders up. I wonder if they abandoned the Bandai DX Chogokin Valkyrie line due to the fuss with the preorders.

Maybe they read that ridiculous "HLJ Pro-Scalper" thread regarding the VF-171 pre-orders and said screw it. :lol:

Whenever this happens, it seems like nothing is in stock on their site. I normally just sign out of my account and sign back in, then it's fixed. It's kind of an odd bug. :huh:

Nah...they're almost always last posting up the preorders.