DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Not to criticize you Lupin but I feel that you're kind of an "a$$hat" yourself. ;) No offense though.

I think a part of the pre-order madness (not exclusively) is that people just file in as many pre-order slots as they can just to be sure.

And it gets worse and worse with every release and part of that is the release schedule of Bandai regarding the Macross Frontier items.

If you want every release you have now three pre-orders pending. The YF-29 re-issue, the VF-171CF and the RVF-25.

And non of us know how many units are available so maybe there will be units available at release date.

It's a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy people see that items are rare and pre-ordering more units than they want resulting in smaller pre-order windows

with every further release and no valve to release the tension because there are no actual releases.

I don't know if I was extremely lucky but I was able to order a VF-25G from amiami at the release date. *shrug*

I think a part of the pre-order madness (not exclusively) is that people just file in as many pre-order slots as they can just to be sure.

What's important though is that you're willing to commit to all of your pre-orders should they be fulfilled. I already set aside about $800 to cover the RVF-25's just in case all my orders go through. I also already prepaid my pre-orders for my 3 CF's that will arrive sometime in May.

People who don't intend to fully pay for what they pre-order shouldn't be pre-ordering in the first place.

But if they are committed to buying all that they pre-order I could care less if they order 1 or 899. It's their money and they can do whatever they want :)

However, if they preorder like hell and flake out it's a real dick-move, especially if the store is able to fulfill all of part of their order.

What's important though is that you're willing to commit to all of your pre-orders should they be fulfilled. I already set aside about $800 to cover the RVF-25's just in case all my orders go through. I also already prepaid my pre-orders for my 3 CF's that will arrive sometime in May.

People who don't intend to fully pay for what they pre-order shouldn't be pre-ordering in the first place.

But if they are committed to buying all that they pre-order I could care less if they order 1 or 899. It's their money and they can do whatever they want :)

However, if they preorder like hell and flake out it's a real dick-move, especially if the store is able to fulfill all of part of their order.

I actually think it's better for you to cancel if you do not intend to keep all. If you cancel, it's much easier for people to go to NY to order those extra units; it will be hard for them to buy it off of you.

Well that is what I actually meant. If you plan to fulfill all your pre-orders than order what you can. I only pre-ordered one VF-171CF because I only want one. Hope I'm not being burnt bay NY. :)

I actually think it's better for you to cancel if you do not intend to keep all. If you cancel, it's much easier for people to go to NY to order those extra units; it will be hard for them to buy it off of you.

I don't think so. NY ones are guaranteed. The Hobbyfan ones are just a gamble and I already put the money aside to see if they are good on their preorders or not.

I don't think so. NY ones are guaranteed. The Hobbyfan ones are just a gamble and I already put the money aside to see if they are good on their preorders or not.

Huh? If you think NY ones are guranteed, and you only want 3, then why order another three at hobbyfan? Why don't you just order 1?

I'm not saying you should cancel them NOW. I'm saying you should cancel them when hobbyfan fulfills your order and you have 2 extra at NY.

Edited by royard

Not to criticize you Lupin but I feel that you're kind of an "a$$hat" yourself. ;) No offense though.

And it gets worse and worse with every release and part of that is the release schedule of Bandai regarding the Macross Frontier items.

If you want every release you have now three pre-orders pending. The YF-29 re-issue, the VF-171CF and the RVF-25.

And non of us know how many units are available so maybe there will be units available at release date.

It's a kind of self-fulfilling prophecy people see that items are rare and pre-ordering more units than they want resulting in smaller pre-order windows

with every further release and no valve to release the tension because there are no actual releases.

I don't know if I was extremely lucky but I was able to order a VF-25G from amiami at the release date. *shrug*

Wait...what? Why am I an asshat? What did I do to you? Maybe you misunderstood. Hobbyfan is NOT getting these, those guys are bootleggers that make most of their money by taking other's people's garage kits and illegally making recasts of them in China. I did not actually order 899 of the RVF-25 from them; I can think of far better uses for ~$118,000. My point was that preorders from them are bullshit, they are not getting these and the last thing I would be doing is giving my credit card info to bootleggers. If you guys are stupid enough to do that then you deserve whatever you get. Not sure how I'm an "asshat" for pointing out that preorders with HF are complete bullshit...I am seriosuly getting sick of this forum. Any time I try to helpfully point something out to people everyone attacks me. Honestly go screw yourselves. Give your credit card to known bootleggers, I hope they use your numbers to pay for visits to Japanese love hotels and you're unable to reverse the charges. a-holes.

We have no history of Hobby-fan with the V2's because they did not offer V2's until the CF-171 and REissue YF-29, which aren't out yet.

Bandai doesn't ship directly to them because they, like 99% of other anime stores in the US use whole-sale distributors that Bandai does ship to.

I did not actually order 899 of the RVF-25 from them

Sorry, hard for us to know when you previously wrote:

Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units.

Any time I try to helpfully point something out to people everyone attacks me

Helpfully point out what? By talking out of your ass about a company you've never used? I'll gladly TOFTT and chance it to see if HF can or cannot be deemed a reliable source for V2s. I've shopped from them on and off for 10 years for many legit bandai and kotobukiya products ranging from toys to pvc figures to model kits (Yeah I also bought a few recast resin kits too :p). I haven't been burnt by them yet. Worst case scenario they just don't get the pre-orders to fill everyone's (or anyone's) orders and oh well live and let learn.

If you guys are stupid enough to do that then you deserve whatever you get. .... Honestly go screw yourselves. Give your credit card to known bootleggers, I hope they use your numbers to pay for visits to Japanese love hotels and you're unable to reverse the charges. a-holes.

This really isn't helping your case of trying to "help" the MW community. Exploding in epic-fashion and being direspectful to everyone isn't helping you accomplish anything.

Edited by Duymon

Let's be clear. No one gave any credit card numbers to bootleggers if you are talking about Hobbyfan. They didn't even ask for one when most of us filled out the preorder.

Here's an honest question that isn't an attack on you. Why does the entire forum get blamed when one or two guys say something to you?

Edited by xrentonx

Lupin please relax. I don't know how to make it more clear that that statement was not fully serious and I thought I made it clear by setting the "a$$hat" into quotation marks and adding a smiley at the and of the sentence.

I know it is a stupid situation because you can not even vote with your wallets (and that is the only thing companies react to). But the berserk-pre-ordering behavior is not helping because it creates a vicious circle. I picked your statement up because it was a hyperbole of that situation.

As I said previously no offence intended! And I meant it!

I'm really sorry if I poked at a soft spot their. But talking crap about Hobbyfan is not helping because the retailers are the last one to blame about because they can only sell what Bandai gives to them. They are in a similar worse situation than we are because the can't serve their customers. And I would rather ordered from HLJ than any other proxy seller because their service is great.

Again I'm sorry if I offended you

I am seriosuly getting sick of this forum. Any time I try to helpfully point something out to people everyone attacks me. Honestly go screw yourselves. Give your credit card to known bootleggers, I hope they use your numbers to pay for visits to Japanese love hotels and you're unable to reverse the charges. a-holes.

Maybe you word things poorly? I didn't know these guys were bootleggers but it's good to know that I find a chance to get one and some guy tells me to go screw myself and hopes my credit card is run into the ground....

It's backhanded to say something to the effect of "I'm gonna help you guys out by purposely trying to buy 800+ of these things just to prove a point because you guys are too stupid to realize that these orders are just not going to be fulfilled and are careless enough to give your credit card to a company that will take said 800+ order of these things. You should be thankful that I am trying to help you out even though I just called you stupid. Also, I hope financial ruin on you anyway."

Most of us put in that order fully realizing that it may never be fulfilled. It was said as much in this thread. We did it anyway because, hey, why the hell not? They aren't asking for a credit card or payment up front so what?

All of which is moot because the original "asshat" comment by Scyla was actually in jest. Point here is please relax! We aren't all such bad guys here at Macrossworld.

Edited by xrentonx

We have no history of Hobby-fan with the V2's because they did not offer V2's until the CF-171 and REissue YF-29, which aren't out yet.

Bandai doesn't ship directly to them because they, like 99% of other anime stores in the US use whole-sale distributors that Bandai does ship to.

Sorry, hard for us to know when you previously wrote:

Helpfully point out what? By talking out of your ass about a company you've never used? I'll gladly TOFTT and chance it to see if HF can or cannot be deemed a reliable source for V2s. I've shopped from them on and off for 10 years for many legit bandai and kotobukiya products ranging from toys to pvc figures to model kits (Yeah I also bought a few recast resin kits too, in other words I am a shithead who supports piracy :p). I haven't been burnt by them yet. Worst case scenario they just don't get the pre-orders to fill everyone's (or anyone's) orders and oh well live and let learn.

This really isn't helping your case of trying to "help" the MW community. Exploding in epic-fashion and being direspectful to everyone isn't helping you accomplish anything.

For a moment I thought you meant Hobby Search, had to do a double take. I don't think they're going to get these; in fact just for fun I just put 899 of those into my shopping cart and their site was actually going to let me check out with that many. I can't imagine Bandai is going to actually ship product to a company that is known for bootlegging products.

I get what you are saying. What I'm asking is has anyone actually goten a V2 from those guys, ever? I've never even seen them mentioned here before. Kind of surprised actually given that they mostly just bootleg and "reissue" garage kits. Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units. :D

So as you can CLEARLY see from my posts I was pointing out that there is no way these are legit preorders as their webstore would allow 899 (or more) of these to be preordered. When I said "Can't imagine they're going to be able to fill my order for 899 units" with a laughing face it was patently clear that I did not actually order that many. But hey, if you want to be a moron and believe that a company who would have accepted an order for 899 valks had I clicked submit is actually going to fill your order then...well you know what they say about swampland for sale.

Furthermore HF SELLS BOOTLEGS! I can't believe you are going to try to defend them. Here's a great example:

http://www.hobbyfan.com/product_info.php?products_id=14865

Metal Bug...so it's ok that these shits sell pirated ILLEGAL product that violates SNK's Metal Slug rights? You're going to actually defend that? And you even admit in your post that you are ok with pirated items. So Macrossworld is pro-bootleg now? Seriously is a mode even paying attention to this? Maybe people like you who promote BOOTLEGGERS should be banned. Funny how I'm the a$$hat here but people who admit to supporting bootleggers are valued members. I thought we supported licensed products obtained through legitimate channel here, but obviously not. No problem, I'm gone. There doesn't seem to be an option to delete my account so if a Mod would please do so it would be appreaciated, as I will NOT be associated with a forum whose members promotes piracy. Have fun with your pirated toys. When the companies who's rights you violate go out of business you'll only have yourself to thank for STEALING FROM THEM. Shithead.

Wow Lupin,you just keep digging that hole deeper and deeper. You're such a martyr; maybe you're just too "good" and "noble" for us and you should take your own advice and save youself from a serious case of agita... :rolleyes:

Edited by mechaninac

Wow.... just Wow Lupin.

I guess all the people who bought Joon's Valks or the all-plastic 1/55 VF-1s'es back in the day are shitheads too, right? Back in the days when Yamato was still Toycom we macross fans were more concerned about anything macross, even if they weren't official Takatokus or officially released kits.

Back in the day before hasegawa released their VF-1 weapons set mw members (some who are still here) recast Club-M Pilots and weapons so that we 1/72 fans could have decked out vf-1's. Are they Shitheads too?

How about CaptainAmerica (aka Moscato). All of his kits were based on macross and not a single cent went to Kawamori-san. Is he a shithead thief bastard for having filled in the huge void of 1/72 Macross Mecha over the last 10 years? I guess you need to throw in that guy who's making the 1/72 monster too.

Anyways, getting back on topic...

Tonight will be Monday Morning in Japan. NY has a record of releasing new pre-orders at a slight markup the next business day after a Bandai Pre-order and assuming NY follows that pattern they might be putting up new RVF preorders tonight for like 20-30 bucks more. Good luck to those that decide to camp out and watch the site.

Edited by Duymon

*snip*

Tonight will be Monday Morning in Japan. NY has a record of releasing new pre-orders at a slight markup the next business day after a Bandai Pre-order and assuming NY follows that pattern they might be putting up new RVF preorders tonight for like 20-30 bucks more. Good luck to those that decide to camp out and watch the site.

Yes, the alarm is set. It will be a short night no doubt.

And I envy you all that you have such shops near you all I have is a toy shop that is 30 miles away and only carries RiD Bumblebees. :angry:

Edited by Scyla

Who KNows I might want 5 :) RVF-25 is my fav valk and I want to customize a few

I guess we are talking about different things then. The number of rvf-25s that you want to buy is entirely your business. I'm just saying that, if you end up not wanting all 5, canceling is a more efficient method of re-distributing those than doing an exchange here.

Wow, such a drama over a friggin toy!! With that level of anxiety there's a "member" here prone to suffer a stroke.

When you think you've seen it all, there's someone that takes it up to the next level.

I guess we are talking about different things then. The number of rvf-25s that you want to buy is entirely your business. I'm just saying that, if you end up not wanting all 5, canceling is a more efficient method of re-distributing those than doing an exchange here.

I don't think he will have any problems at all selling them to the members here.

I don't think he will have any problems at all selling them to the members here.

Of course not. But there will be extra shipping cost and time delay involved.

I

think exchanging the item here is a better idea than letting them be

picked up by scalpers. At least a fan would get it at a reasonable

price.

...That's a very valid point.

Edited by royard

I must confess that I am one of the pirates here.

I've bought Macross-themed, unlicensed products from members here.

I've downloaded dubbed Macross animes.

Many of us do. But we also buy a lot of legit Macross stuffs. I believe we have done more good than bad.