DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version

IXTL

Awesome. Only sad thing is, I don't really like the RVF without the super packs, so that one's going to get neglected until they release packs for it. Maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll include the ghosts with the packs this time.

I do find it funny displaying that one in battroid though, since he never even did that in the show. :p

Well now that that's out of the way, and the CF-171 is coming, maybe we'll get a CF-25?

Awesome. Only sad thing is, I don't really like the RVF without the super packs, so that one's going to get neglected until they release packs for it. Maybe we'll get lucky, and they'll include the ghosts with the packs this time.

I do find it funny displaying that one in battroid though, since he never even did that in the show. :p

Well now that that's out of the way, and the CF-171 is coming, maybe we'll get a CF-25?

Or better yet a YF-25? :rolleyes:

That would be impossible to tell at this point.

Well, I wouldn't say it's impossible. I think the photo does give a pretty good idea.

There's a color consistency evident in the two photos on this page that already show a marked improvement over the version 1. Looking at the legs of the version 1, the green on the hip/intake is different from the green on the thigh, which is different from the green on the kneecap, which is slightly different from the lower leg. It's got 4 shades of green going on there with three of them being pretty obvious as well as varying degrees of gloss finish. And that's viewing it with the naked eye. Photos tend to emphasize the differences even further. Compared to the pretty clear photo above, the leg looks pretty uniform in color and finish. The chest piece is even more vastly different in shade and texture.on the version 1. Once again the chest piece in the renewal appears to be consistent with the leg in color and finish.

Even if the colors and finish were slightly off between the different parts in person, it's still already a great improvement over the version 1 if it can look like that in a photo.

Also, the VF-25G renewal also was a huge improvement in the same regard over the version 1 where renewal looked pretty uniform all across the entire thing while the version 1 had 3 or 4 shades of blue and varying levels of gloss.

You're mistaking the fact that "some" photos emphasize the different shade effect. It was all a matter of lighting. I think it's very likely that Bandai will do a much better job with the renewal toys, but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this photo because 1) you can't control the lighting, 2) it's unlikely it's a finished product manufactured like a mass release will be. Again, I think it likely will be color matched better, I just would just hold off. I don't remember people complaining about the mismatched colors on the V1 until people started opening their boxes.

That was because people weren't looking very closely. It wasn't until it came out that others pointed out that the pre-release photos also showed signs of mismatched colors. Now it's something that people look for ever since.

Whether it emphasizes the differences in shading or not, they all still showed a difference. It was only a matter of degree by which the photos made it apparent.

Well in any case, we could debate about this back and forth forever and not reach an agreement or conclusion so let's just agree to disagree :)

Seriously! Who'd think that a predominantly aquamarine colored VF could look that agressive? Although, to me, the real selling point that makes Luca's unit a must buy, other than OCD (Obsessive Completist Disorder), are the radar dish and Electronic Warfare Sail... too unique (in a Super Sylph-esque way) to pass up.

• 2 weeks later...

All my Mac F valks have scratches on the black areas around the nose/cockpit due to where that section ends up during transformation. I'm sure there's people out there that are very soft handed with their valks and transform them like they're defusing a bomb, but I find myself not giving a f*ck... lol. If I ever need to sell them, sharpie to the rescue. (but I'm not ever going to sell them, so... =).

All my Mac F valks have scratches on the black areas around the nose/cockpit due to where that section ends up during transformation. I'm sure there's people out there that are very soft handed with their valks and transform them like they're defusing a bomb, but I find myself not giving a f*ck... lol. If I ever need to sell them, sharpie to the rescue. (but I'm not ever going to sell them, so... =).

I handle mine like I'm diffusing a nuclear bomb so mine look fine. ;)

That said, the only areas I tend to have trouble with and am extra careful with is the tip of the black stripe after the nose cone is folded down. It can end up scraping agast the bottom of the head base and scrape off some of the black paint. and the black borders around the "SMS" and "00#" on the shoulders scraping pulling them out or putting them back in for fighter mode.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With the VF-171 out on preorder already does anyone have word about when the RVF-25 will be on preorder? Seeing as both were showcased at the same time one would think they'll be coming out at roughly the same time give or take a month or two?

Haha...I saw this thread at the top and for a moment panicked thinking they'd gone up for preorder and I'd already missed out. Oh Bandai..,how you treat us like $2 whores...

Edited by Lupin The Third