IXTL

huh...weird...wonder if mine will pop today...

Sandman, does yours still say it's in osaka?

No now its says delivered but this is the first time i checked since i got them. It was still saying in osaka about an hour before they got dropped off at my door.

Got mine today, sooner than I anticipated given reg. SAL. I hate the fact that I could've saved myself another 10-20 bucks if I had purchased after release instead of preordering; but no matter, I'm thrilled to have it... the teal color is sooo 'purdy'.

Still no 171. I think I'm the last guy to be getting his.

I haven't received mine yet. But since it's regular SAL, which states 2-3 weeks, I'm not surprised it hasn't arrived yet.

So, now that my toy has arrived I have examined it and am less than satisfied on the condition of the plastic surfaces. There are a bunch of scratches and dings on the toy (shiny blue plastic lets everything show). The worst area is in the picture, with grooved/scraped damage under the left wing. This appears to be caused sometime while being assembled or manufactured. It looks pretty unsightly. Otherwise, tampo printing is in great shape and I can detect no damage/chipping to any plastic edges.

post-5255-0-88877900-1368331284_thumb.jpg

So, now that my toy has arrived I have examined it and am less than satisfied on the condition of the plastic surfaces. There are a bunch of scratches and dings on the toy (shiny blue plastic lets everything show). The worst area is in the picture, with grooved/scraped damage under the left wing. This appears to be caused sometime while being assembled or manufactured. It looks pretty unsightly. Otherwise, tampo printing is in great shape and I can detect no damage/chipping to any plastic edges.

wait, the wing is upside down, no step belongs on the top! Edited by usagiz

Just a curious question, did anyone broke their hinge that connect from cockpit to.canopy? Just broke mine when I tried to.pry open the canopy.. and I just had to use too much force... Sights... Anyways I glued the connector back, its able to open but unable to rotate and open the cockpit ..

Managed to put the pilot inside.. and DoD a quick transformation, its a great bird but iy was a scary process.. I still find yamato vf-1 easier to open..

Just a curious question, did anyone broke their hinge that connect from cockpit to.canopy? Just broke mine when I tried to.pry open the canopy.. and I just had to use too much force... Sights... Anyways I glued the connector back, its able to open but unable to rotate and open the cockpit ..

Managed to put the pilot inside.. and DoD a quick transformation, its a great bird but iy was a scary process.. I still find yamato vf-1 easier to open..

I believe Lolicon broke his as well as he mentioned it a few pages back but managed to glue it back without any problem.

I found it tricky to open to. Have to get the tab from the front out first, then elevate the canopy before being able to bend it open.

Got mine the other day and had a chance to fiddle with it. All in all I'm pretty indifferent to this thing. It looks fine when it's just sitting there but it is fiddly as hell and nothing feels like it really locks up nice and tight like....well any Yammy release recently.

It's fine I guess, but I probably wont go chasing down any more Bandai Valks. For the 200ish shipped I paid for it I'm not super thrilled. But eh, it's here and in the case now.

wait, the wing is upside down, no step belongs on the top!

The wings look like they are designed to go on either side of the body during assembly without much worry of putting on the "wrong" wing. Possibly why there are "no steps" on both sides? I've never pulled off the wings on my 171-EX. (Don't have armor) Maybe someone else can clarify this.

Edited by Negotiator

Finally transformed mine, took an hour all told for the three modes. Can't hold a candle to Yamato's VF-19S as a toy. Fiddly as heck and stuff' are not locking, might be me not transforming it properly though. Now I'm actually apprehensive about transforming it back to fighter mode, which is by far my fav mode..

The wings look like they are designed to go on either side of the body during assembly without much worry of putting on the "wrong" wing. Possibly why there are "no steps" on both sides? I've never pulled off the wings on my 171-EX. (Don't have armor) Maybe someone else can clarify this.

On closer inspection, there is definitely a defined top and bottom to the VF-171's wings. the hinge is the biggest difference, but there's also more specific panel line differences, and the actual wing profile is a proper wing (being flat on the bottom and curved on top). There's also the tiny "L" sculpted into the left wing and "R" sculpted into the right wing.

Also, the VF-171EX completely lacks the "no step" markings, but has the NUNS insignia is only on the top.

8730190091_b4f4a36e66_z.jpg

8731308892_00b6b8e4b0_z.jpg

oh, another odd little thing I've noticed, even on the wings that have no hardpoints, they still have the little insert panel on the top that cover the hollow ares that are only necessary on the missile hardpoint version.

Finally transformed mine, took an hour all told for the three modes. Can't hold a candle to Yamato's VF-19S as a toy. Fiddly as heck and stuff' are not locking, might be me not transforming it properly though. Now I'm actually apprehensive about transforming it back to fighter mode, which is by far my fav mode..

The Fighter mode is by far the most solid mode of the VF-171 mold.

Bandai had official additional instructions about the transformation of this IQ brick, its only in Japanese but they had a link to YouTube that shows an incomplete transformation tutorial video.

http://www.bandai.co.jp/support/faq/201304/detail461.html

The No Step markings on the underside of the wing are there because the are present on the cg-model. For reference see the Macross Mecha Manual® (http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3.html)

vf-171-battroid.gif

Regarding the Super Parts for the VF-171CF (and I know it's in vain) I'm still hoping that we get the correct color from The Wings of Goodbye.

Edited by Scyla

It's pretty rare and weird for Amiami to actually have stock on a released product, especially one as hot as the VF-171CF. They're big but they're more of a preorder centric company for me.

I'm wondering if many people had cancelled their order, or if there were some problems like slight damage on the box (cause I keep seeing the 171s show up on Mandarake)

If ever we see a surplus of VF-25s upon release, that'd be totally gravy. I still need the 25S (make that 3!) to finish up my collection.

And that, right there, is why I've decided to never pay N-Y's jacked-up prices ever again, and why I abstained from getting a VF-27 reissue at current rates; although I may cave on the Ozma, any other release will need to be secured at MSRP or less, or I just don't need to have it. I really despise paying for something just to have the price drop on me within a couple of weeks after release; it'd be one thing to have these things go on discount 6 months later, but getting sucker punched to the tune of 3000+ Yen mere days after release is just insulting. Ultimately I place the blame squarely at Bandai's feet.

And that, right there, is why I've decided to never pay N-Y's jacked-up prices ever again, and why I abstained from getting a VF-27 reissue at current rates; although I may cave on the Ozma, any other release will need to be secured at MSRP or less, or I just don't need to have it. I really despise paying for something just to have the price drop on me within a couple of weeks after release; it'd be one thing to have these things go on discount 6 months later, but getting sucker punched to the tune of 3000+ Yen mere days after release is just insulting. Ultimately I place the blame squarely at Bandai's feet.

Amen.

The VF-25F would be a good benchmark for this I'd reckon. It's still pretty hard to get, though it was available longer on NY.

Only time will tell once it drops later this year.

That said, didn't they already bump the price a few thousand yen on day 1 or 2 itself?

I don't know how I'll react come D-Day for Ozma's 25S, but I too hope to be able to secure it at MSRP or less. I might just bite the bullet if it's just a small bump on NY though

Edited by SaitouSad

Curses, amiami made me buy a second one!!

Yeah finally broke down too lol. Might keep one in battroid and another in fighter. The question now is if i should get armored parts for both, only one or don't bother.