IXTL

I envy you folks who used FedEx, it's so much easier to pick those packages up for me than regular mail. I just can't bring myself to pay NY's insane rates for them when EMS gets here in the same amount of time.

I have so many problems with the postal service in the US that I always pay extra for another service if I can. I don't like it, but I like not having hassle/lost/delayed/etc... packages a lot less.

Hi :)

For those who already have it,

Have Bandai fix the wing loosenes? I know it´s meant to be replaced with the ones with the pylons, but even so, I´d like to know.

Thanks in advance :)

The wings on mine are pretty tight while in Valkyrie mode but kind of loose when in battroid. The pins still pop off just like the EX. I like the plastic on this one though. Seems sturdier. Looks like the plastic on the VF-27 but in green.

Some reports indicate that they fixed the wing pegs so they don't pop out during transformation. That might vary from toy to toy.

I'm thinking it is likely to vary from toy to toy. The 171 EX I got had tight pins that were frustrating to try to pull out and had never come close to falling out on me during transformation, while other people's copies had the pins falling out if they looked at it funny. It's probably likely that the people reporting that it is fixed just got lucky with theirs as I had with the EX.

Has anyone actually noted any physical differences in the pins or the holes between the EX and normal version?

THe pins were hit and miss on all my 3 171 exes. The pins on the armor pack wings were a little better though.

In the end, I just ended up supergluing the pins in after I got the armor pack wings installed which is why they are 100% flush now in fighter mode. 99% sure I'll do the same to my CF's in october after the armor packs are released.

Edited by Duymon

Anyone has an extra for sale or know why I can still order. I missed the boat on this one. :(

Amazon JP appears to have some available but you will need to use Tenso to forward the package to you.

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%90%E3%83%B3%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4-DX%E8%B6%85%E5%90%88%E9%87%91-VF-171-%E3%83%8A%E3%82%A4%E3%83%88%E3%83%A1%E3%82%A2%E3%83%97%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9-%E4%B8%80%E8%88%AC%E6%A9%9F/dp/B00ATZ13MA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&m=A33YJXP38V1U8S&qid=1367365891&s=generic&sr=1-4

I just placed an order with them so hopefully as they are using Amazon to fulfill their orders they will accept my credit card as some places requires Japan issued credit card only.

Update: Confirm that they accept foreign credit card as my card has been charged by Amazon and my status has now changed to shipping soon.

Edited by Valk-1S

Why did BBTS have to stop carrying and selling Macross Valkyries? HLJ has the vf-171 listed as discontinued. At least when the VF-171EX was released, there was a better chance to get one through BBTS. Bandai is really making it difficult to continue purchasing their Macross product.

BBTS stopped carrying them because of issues with supply. I received a preorder cancellation email from them for the VF-25S renewal back then like others here stating that.

BBTS kinda just completely stopped paying any attention to any Macross releases. I had a YF-29 Alto re-release on preorder with them from day one, and it went literally 6 months with no update. They kept pushing the "release" date back a month every month until I just gave up and cancelled.

Never heard a word from them.

my 5 from NY are still in prep. I ordered these on the 2nd opening of the window the day after preorder start :0 Seriously why do I even bother paying for EMS when they take a week to ship anyways?

Edited by Duymon