IXTL

The hell?

A whole week holiday? Wtf?

Isn't CNY enough lol

I don't think the Japanese celebrate CNY and not all businesses take the entire week off too. Some retailers might still require their employees to show up a few days next week.

Otherwise we're all gonna be stuck waiting for the precious to arrive. :lol:

Edited by neoexcaliber

Awww man, since I got my shipment invoice from AE 2 days ago I thought they would have sent it by today. About the VF-171 Is the missing chest armor(and leg armor i think) on the show an animation mistake like the boosterless VF-25A's? (Talking about the last 2 episodes)

Plus next week is golden week, I believe. So possibly no updates next week either, depending on if a given shop also decides to observe it for the whole week.

Even if HLJ works during Golden Week (NY is doing that, though I don't see why they can't take their usual annual week long holiday), I'm pretty sure Japan Post / EMS staff won't be working during this period, right?

Even if HLJ works during Golden Week (NY is doing that, though I don't see why they can't take their usual annual week long holiday), I'm pretty sure Japan Post / EMS staff won't be working during this period, right?

Postal services are rarely closed for long periods of time since they're an essential service. They'll probably be closed on Monday and Friday next week. Even amiami will only be closed on those 2 days, according to the calendar on their website so I think we can assume that most retailers will do the same.

Postal services are rarely closed for long periods of time since they're an essential service. They'll probably be closed on Monday and Friday next week. Even amiami will only be closed on those 2 days, according to the calendar on their website so I think we can assume that most retailers will do the same.

Interesting. Pity they don't get to enjoy the holidays then.

In that case, I might just ship my HLJ warehouse loot together with this.

So the ARmored packs are the same color as the VF-171EXes..... gonna need to resolve that with my airbrush.

I don't see the rocket pods that normally go on stations 2 and 5. It better come with those for those of us who are just going to have naked CF"s with missiles like they're seen in most of the TV show.

*Edit, scratch that, just read the contents list. The Rocket pods are listed in entry 7 right under the nukes.

Edited by Duymon

As I stated before I do like the blueish hue on the promotion pictures better then how the toy looks in this review.

However I'm excited to hold the toy in my hands since it will be the first rendition of the VF-171 that is in my collection.

Gamu Toys review says Bandai made some improvements in regards to the wing pins and the breast plate.

Do they elaborate on what those improvements are? I'd imagine the wing pins would have to be significantly better when you take into account how heavy the Reaction and MDE warheads are going to be. In fighter it doesn't matter because the legs are folded up and can help prop the wings. In Gerwalk they're fully exposed. The pins have to work better of that sucker is coming apart.

The fact they're improving things on their second release is really positive actually. They're not content to rest on all of their laurels.

Edited by Mommar

Basically he mention the pin feels tighter and that he didn't even have to worry about pin popping out during photography.

As for the chest plate, basically they changed the internal frame so that it's easier to get the nose back in flush in fighter / gerwalk mode even if you forget to fold the front plate in. (Common problem when trying to go from Battroid -> gerwalk on the VF171ex)

I'm glad Bandai is making fixes to these things

Edited by Duymon

Promo shots always look metallic lately, even for $5 Hasbro Transformers. It's an easy way to make bare plastic look nicer than it is. And they can always claim "lighting" if anyone tries to call them out on "doesn't look like the pics!"