IXTL

Thanks guys! Looks like the single missile will be approximately $7.50. It will be less per missile when I get, say 4 in a pack - hell, make it six. This thing has such fine deets that they won't show or will be too close to the minimum dimensions that SW has in place.

I'll update (and make available) when I get time to make the pylon proper and iron out some details.

Need to get my kid outta the house, cabin fever - it's pouring outside at the moment :3 Anyways, enjoy!

attachicon.gif171_Vajra_Poker_01_01.jpg attachicon.gif171_Vajra_Poker_01_02.jpg

75651-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

Here you go, fellas;

4 Missiles; http://www.shapeways.com/model/1038379/vf-171-missile-anti-vaj-x4.html?li=productBox-search

6 Missiles; http://www.shapeways.com/model/1038389/vf-171-missile-anti-vaj-x6.html?li=productBox-search

post-1623-0-04727300-1365827533_thumb.jpg post-1623-0-33246200-1365827537_thumb.jpg

Untested - obviously, so may encounter issues when it goes to print - but it should be ok. Enjoy!

PS. 'Anti-Vaj' was intentional.

Awesome. :D

Only thing I'd suggest is making the pylons a little taller/wider. They'll probably work that way, but don't know if the fins might collide with the wings (probably not since they'll stick out the back), and I think the pylons in the screenshots were a bit bigger.

Also.. those might actually still work on Yamato hardpoints. I'm pretty sure some of the VF-171 missiles work on the VF-1s at least.

Edited by Chronocidal

Awesome. :D

Only thing I'd suggest is making the pylons a little taller/wider. They'll probably work that way, but don't know if the fins might collide with the wings (probably not since they'll stick out the back), and I think the pylons in the screenshots were a bit bigger.

Also.. those might actually still work on Yamato hardpoints. I'm pretty sure some of the VF-171 missiles work on the VF-1s at least.

I thought about that (pylons), thought they looked a little too long - but I can change it sure - they'll work as they are now - making them longer is no issue. What do ppl want?

can we get a version compatible with yamato's hardpoints too?

Sure! Just on my way outta the house, I'll have a look when I get back. Or they may already fit?

EDIT: bandai missiles work on yammies - not the other way around. So should be fine.

Edited by Kurisama

This may be a stupid question, but will these attach to a -171 out of the box? Or must you buy the armor pack to get the new wings to use these?

You will need the new wings with hard points to mount the missiles.

Guest davidwhangchoi

This may be a stupid question, but will these attach to a -171 out of the box? Or must you buy the armor pack to get the new wings to use these?

gotta get the new wings unfortunately. as the wings that come out of box with the 171 valk doesn't have hardpoints

edit: someone beat me to it.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Or you know.

Those wings couldn't be too hard to make from scratch. Might even stay on better. Or even just cutting the slots into the ones that came with the standard version. The wings have always been two layered, it's just they don't cut the hardpoint slots in the lower layer in the set that comes with the valk.

I'm aware the idea or making replacement parts like that might step on Bandai's toes, but at the same time, I feel like all their shenanigans to keep people from using missiles unless they buy the entire set is a slap in the face. It's like DRM for toys. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

Similar to not buying the entire set of wrong-colored armor just for reaction missiles---I'm not buying the armor+wings just to use some (very very cool) Shapeway missiles. I think my VF-171 will just be "naked and unarmed". But Machida's punch is all it really needs. :)

If the final production version does end up with grey armor, it should still be fairly readily available when it comes out--it took a while for the more-popular VF-25 armor packs to sell out initially.

Well actually, that's what I'm curious about now. The only thing necessary to use the missiles is to have those slots cut out of the lower half. If you were able to pry off the cover, it would probably be decently simple to cut the slots you need into the lower level of the wing.

Provided you don't mind messing with one that is.

Holy crap! Those MDEs are MASSIVE. No way they can mount in battroid mode with the narrow clearance between the wings and body. The missile/s in the next hard point would probably have to make way too.

If only Bandai did the armor packs in the same color as they were in the movie (silver/gray), I'd have ordered them.

Lol. VF-172. Thank goodness it's just a typo. I almost thought there was going to be a new DX valk to scramble to pre-order.

Edited by IXTL

Anyone with an extra CF on order interested in a straight up trade for a VF-171 EX? I haven't preordered the CF because I only want one 171 and prefer the CF. My EX is in perfect condition and never been transformed been displayed out of sunlight on it's stand. Still have the box and all contents.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I'm wondering how heavy those MDE's are. Those wings might bend a little bit.

My VF-171EX's wings are already bent upwards, those MDE could compensate a bit :p

Similar to not buying the entire set of wrong-colored armor just for reaction missiles---I'm not buying the armor+wings just to use some (very very cool) Shapeway missiles. I think my VF-171 will just be "naked and unarmed". But Machida's punch is all it really needs. :)

If the final production version does end up with grey armor, it should still be fairly readily available when it comes out--it took a while for the more-popular VF-25 armor packs to sell out initially.

You can always use these: http://www.shapeways.com/model/625101/set-of-12-6l-amp-6r-hard-points-for-1-60-wings.html?li=productBox-search ; also by Kurisama.

I'm wondering how heavy those MDE's are. Those wings might bend a little bit.

The hardpoint wings actually fit super well and are really tight. No way those MDEs would bend the wings unless they're made of pure lead or something.

The hardpoint wings actually fit super well and are really tight. No way those MDEs would bend the wings unless they're made of pure lead or something.

They do not fit super tight on my Alto 171. But I was thinking more that the plastic might actually bend.

By those pictures it looks like the reaction missiles are just as big as the MDE's, I don't mind the MDE being huge but shouldn't the reaction misled be the same size as the ones on the armored 25s? I can't remember but whre they that big in the show?

Who knows. Maybe the reaction missiles carried by the 171's were bigger. Maybe SMS uses a smaller version of the missile

*EDIT*

SCratch that, just looked online and those reactions warheads are def too big O_o

post-25-0-35543400-1365908124_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

That screeny i took is from ep 14, when the vf-171's unload on the capships. Upon further inspection, the reaction missiles are as long as their shins , which is already larger than the sms reaction missiles from the armored 25 sets. It is hard, however, to tell the girth from the limited screen time :o

Edited by Duymon

and perhaps YF-29 Isamu version

can you post a picture of this paintscheme? wasn't able to find one by myself, and since i don't own the game, it would be nice to know what you are talking about.