IXTL

Yeah but people want to have their cake and eat it too. They want it available at the cheapest place possible. NY is considered evil now because they inflate the price. I always buy from them now, at least I'm guaranteed.

I get that. I truly do, but that's why hlj and ami ami probably sell out in a minute as well, even without the 10 quantity limit. If I could've, I would've gone there as well, but that's the way of the beast when it comes to merchandise. I had to preorder mine at NY, and while not happy about it, I'm OK with finances to be able to get it. My only other choice is not getting one, so it is what it is, and we all have to make choices accordingly.

Not that I like the inflated prices by Nippon Yasan, but to be honest their prices are still reasonable. And I am impressed how they managed to fullfill all the pre-orders. And even when all other shops closed the preorder, or sold out after release, they still have stocks on hand. Amazing.

Not to distract too much from the joys of sold out pre-orders for expensive toys but...

RVF-171; cannon fodder or otherwise. Do you think we'll get one? do you think the transformation would even work without having to completely redesign the entire back plate of the toy? Are you guy's looking forwards to getting into fist fights over trying to procure one should it get announced?

rvf-171-fighter.jpg

rvf-171-battroid.jpg

Not to distract too much from the joys of sold out pre-orders for expensive toys but...

RVF-171; cannon fodder or otherwise. Do you think we'll get one? do you think the transformation would even work without having to completely redesign the entire back plate of the toy? Are you guy's looking forwards to getting into fist fights over trying to procure one should it get announced?

rvf-171-fighter.jpg

rvf-171-battroid.jpg

I doubt the transformation would have to change one bit in order for the RVF to transform.

I would guess that once the RVF-25 gets released, the chances for a RVF-171 get a little better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the RVFs share the exact same radar dish design with just, perhaps, different support boom? The belly sails are also very similar but I'm less certain on those being shared.

I doubt the transformation would have to change one bit in order for the RVF to transform.

I meant is there actually enough clearance for the ventral boom to stick out the back the way it appears to in battroid mode, and fold back such that fighter mode can sit on its own landing gear without having to mesh through big chunks of the existing plastic. Bare minimum you'd need to remold the the belly plate that the legs hinge off of so the ventral fin can mount to it, and remold the sliding portion of the back plate so the radar dish can mount there.

:edit:

I would guess that once the RVF-25 gets released, the chances for a RVF-171 get a little better. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the RVFs share the exact same radar dish design with just, perhaps, different support boom? The belly sails are also very similar but I'm less certain on those being shared.

Actually no, the RVF-171 and RVF-25 do not share the same dish or ventral sail at all. the curved antenna bits on the RVF-25's dish are sections that extend out rather than fixed pieces.also the ventral fin apears to have a narrower base and a boxy section that extends back on the 171.

rvf-25-radome.gif

Edited by anime52k8

I would be much interested in a RVF-171 Lucca custom.

I think the transformation could remain the same and it won't need much but some pegs to keep the dish in place, but that fin, it's huge! I don't see a way that thing could fit in fighter mode. May be if it flips and rotates 90°?? I don't have a 171, is there space under there??

The proportions of the fin don't look like as they could fit unter the plane in a way to allow the Vaklyrie standing on it's own feet.

The fin looks even longer as the feet of the RVF-171 but in Gerwalk mode should be enough room to fold it away.

In Battroid it should be no problem since the fin should be mounted to the plate that ends up on the back of the Battroid.

If the do a release of the RVF-171 (Regular or EX) I assume that the fin is scaled down a bit or has some mechanism to colapse in it self.

Maybe split it up in two parts were the fin can slide towards the body of the plane and rotate there 90 degrees to the tail.

That would look a little bit to Transformer-esque though.

Edited by Scyla

Never heard of them...

they're mostly known for selling recast resin kits and pre-painted resin figures. in that respect I've heard they're decent. I've never actually ordered a PVC figure from them though.

I'll bet that hole up in the front for the gunpod to plug into doubles as the spot to plug in the fin. At the very least to transform it you'll have to pull that fin out, swing things around, then plug it back in. It's probably just that plug on a swivel.

http://www.hobbyfan....Figure+-+BANDAI

I think the price is not bad, since HLJ and AmiAmi preorders are gone.

Anyone can comment about this web site?

I never bought anything from there before.

I wonder if they would have the same problem as BBTS and sell more pre-orders than actual stock that they'll get. That would especially suck since they require a 50% deposit.

Also, what's up with them being based in California but costs $7 to ship within the US but only 5.50 to ship to other countries? That seems backwards and really cheap to ship internationally.

http://www.hobbyfan....Figure+-+BANDAI

I wonder if they would have the same problem as BBTS and sell more pre-orders than actual stock that they'll get. That would especially suck since they require a 50% deposit.

Also, what's up with them being based in California but costs $7 to ship within the US but only 5.50 to ship to other countries? That seems backwards and really cheap to ship internationally.

Was able to checkout with 1000 of these...too bad they are in California or I would be tempted.

I used to order from HobbyFan all the time for figures. They're legit, though sometimes slow and may have stock fulfilment issues if they can't get items from their suppliers. Wouldn't hurt to order from them but don't be surprised if they turn around later and say they have to cancel due to supply shortage from supplier. They pull through majority of the times though with exclusives (from Hobby Japan, for example).

That said, I'm really surprised they listed the 171 CF for sale.

Edited by Phalanix

They are legit, but my experience with them was mixed. They are in US/CA, but some shipping is from HK/China. Expect some random order cancellation and/or long delay of item come in stock. (like a couple of months sometimes)

NY not only have the VF-171 pre-order, they seem to have stock for VF-171EX too! I don't know if it is because of their exorbitant pricing that make them having stock (no one buy from them?) or Bandai only releasing stock to those who does not sell below their RRP (thus won't hurt/affect their profit margin)

NY not only have the VF-171 pre-order, they seem to have stock for VF-171EX too! I don't know if it is because of their exorbitant pricing that make them having stock (no one buy from them?) or Bandai only releasing stock to those who does not sell below their RRP (thus won't hurt/affect their profit margin)

VF-171EX is not hard to come by in the brick and mortars in Japan, at least when I was there. I saw at least 8-9 for retail during my Akiba visit in late November O_o woulda bought all of them but nooo, only so much bag space and money :0

Ouch that hurt. Cheapest shipping that Hobby Fan offered to Canada was $40.....$233 total for this POS.

So I preordered it anyway even though I know I getting ripped off.....man I am such a sucker for this crap. <_<

Ouch that hurt. Cheapest shipping that Hobby Fan offered to Canada was $40.....$233 total for this POS.

So I preordered it anyway even though I know I getting ripped off.....man I am such a sucker for this crap. <_</>

How much would have it been from NY? Hobby fan can be kinda shady at times...

So I preordered it anyway even though I know I getting ripped off.....man I am such a sucker for this crap. <_<

You know, NY only charges 17000 Yen for the bird and at most 2000 Yen for shipping. Now that the Yen has depreciated considerably, It's at most 210 USD.

NY charged me $32 to ship the VF-25G (EMS-express), and only $21.59 (Eco-SAL registered) for the pre-order of the YF-29 reissue. I think the prices are pretty decent for overseas shipping. It could be a lot worse, I recently shipped a 1lb package from California to Turkey, and they charged me $56 insured, and it even took then over a month to deliver it.

Just shipped a VF-25G v2 from Canada to the US via expedited, cost was almost $30 via CPC/USPS. So I don't think the shipping prices from NY, HLJ, AmiAmi are all that bad considering they're half way around the world.

Edited by Phalanix

Bear in mind that HLJ shipping rates are discounted rates. I believe HLJ gets a discount for shipping. Their rates are below standard rates. NY on the other hand probably charges the standard rates. Also NY might charge more on shipping on preorders due to uncertainty of the item weight. If it's a new item they have to rely on the information provided to them on the item dimension and weight.

I don't know if it was mentioned before but the VF-171 CF has indeed a re molded canopy area so that it fits the show model

cayqbn00trw7h0o02.jpg

The canopy of the VF-171 CF is much more ingested into the fuselage then the one on the EX version.

I wonder if these are the only differences.

Other than the canopy and the head only having one visor, I don't think there are any physical differences between the 171ex and 171 CF.

Ok..well.. the CF's have really kick-ass pilot figures which I prefer to the SMS pilots :p

Edited by Duymon