Bandai S.H. Monsterarts Vajra

IXTL

Eh, IDK. I'm excited for a Vajra toy because I like their designs. Generic large bug toys are just generic large bug toys, they're not even close to the same. It'd be like taking a Starscream toy, panting it white and calling it a Valkyrie. It just doesn't work.

The SH Figuarts monsters are more along the lines of Bandai Super Robot Chogokin scale, which is too small to look right next to the 1/60 valks. Take a look at the SH Figuarts Godzilla line for an example of their scale... really nice figs, but generally small.

well i don't care if it to small for my 1:60.. the bug can fight with my koenig,, and hi metal.. at home

I've never seen any SH Figuarts monsters in person, nor much interest till this and the Eva Angels to follow them on the net.

It's just silly to make it that small if there aren't any plans for Valks in it's scale and quality.

Supposedly it's scaled for the Robot Damashii figures, where there's at least an Alto Messiah, a couple of Queadluun Rares and technically that Chogokin Monster they made, so it's in fairly good company in the line it's meant to fit in with... Plus there's also that upcoming video game tie-in with Frontier units being playable and everything. It's a choice that makes perfect sense for Bandai if you think about it.

It's just that I'm sure most of us here would have much preferred something scaled for the DX Chogokin/Yamato lines.

Edited by aceoftherebellion

I've had some luck as a customize scaling up very small models by adding spacers to joints to try to 'stretch' a model as much as possible, but that usually only adds a few mms at most. Enough to make a shrimpy non-scale figure or kit scale better with it's series-mates, but I doubt it'll be much help here. I'm just going to have my fingers crossed that it's slightly bigger than it looks, but I'm really not holding my breath.

As for the RVF comparisons- remember, that figure's actually on a stand. We've seen photos of the same display from other angles, so you can't measure based on pure height. It's actually really hard to figure out what the actual scale here is, since the Vajra is on a platform that's at least an inch thick set back from the others while the Chogokin is in the foreground and perched on a stand, so any actual measurements are near impossible from the photos thus far.

Oh I wasn't speaking of the height of the RVF, only the size of the wings in comparison since they look huge compared to the vajra. Which is why I wondered how much closer to the foreground the RVF was. It's too bad there isn't a pic that shows more of the surrounding area so we could see the positioning of the valk.

Hmm, yeah. It's still too hard for me to tell. Oh well. I guess we'll just have to wait for actual measurements or something.

It's around 15cm tall without it's cannon thing. :(

15cm? That would make it only reach between the hips and chest area of a 1/60 VF-25.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...