IXTL

Well...you probably won't be able to secure one at the preorder discount BUT if you stick with us, you'll be able to secure one somewhere ;)

Nice to know! Thanks for the heads up. As I said, I've been reading up on the threads for a few years and it seems like a close-knit community.

The problem with collecting is the sheer amount of scalping going on. Same with my transformers. It's a crying shame people can't let those who want the goods just buy em. As far as I know, transformers scalping has died down a little, thankfully.

Nah...most of us are nice guys (most of the time). :)

I may or may not get one of these but I'll probably be watching on preorder night like everyone else and posting links when they come available.

Guest davidwhangchoi

not till tuesday evening/early wed morning, pre orders start 4pm Japan time, depending which time zone you live in, get ready to stay up tuesday midnight and after

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I am so glad I don't care for the 27 right now. No pre-order stress for me this time.

I feel similar. I want it, but I dont think I have the patience or drive to go out of my way for it. Ill settle for a v-1 at a good price.

I am so glad I don't care for the 27 right now. No pre-order stress for me this time.

Ditto. Sold my v.1 last year... Kinda got bored with the 27's design... even with the improvements, the new pics don't do anything for me. Wish I hadn't seen the movies and all that moe... really made me lose interest in MF.

Ditto. Sold my v.1 last year... Kinda got bored with the 27's design... even with the improvements, the new pics don't do anything for me. Wish I hadn't seen the movies and all that moe... really made me lose interest in MF.

Same feeling, sold my v.1 with the poster. Boring design and color, and MF movies sucked.

Waiting for my VF-171 and I am done with MF.

Meh. I really dislike the head shape on this one.. and the colors are ... unpleasant. I'm not super crazy about his character either.

I wish they would include super-parts more often. I think it's worth the extra price to get them when you buy the first time.

Animu pretty boy with navel-baring mid-rift who was all brood and no character is unpopular? Who'd've thought that? :D

Edited by xrentonx

Animu pretty boy with navel-baring mid-rift who was all brood and no character is unpopular? Who'd've thought that? :D

Haha. I thought it was a girl at first.

Maybe some female fans enjoyed it :p

See, while I'm glad I can detach myself from the anime and just enjoy the cool mecha-aircraft for what they are, it does mean I wind up buying more stuff. :p Oh well.

I do wish we could get one of the alternate schemes from Macross 30 for this (that white one with the purple trim would actually be pretty awesome), but usually for me, odd colors aren't enough to turn me away from a design I like.

Edited by Chronocidal

Is it just me or there is little to no links for the new VF-27 around? Normally I find there are links for a future product days before but this time there isn't any to be found and it's on sale tomorrow. :unsure:

I've never seen a link to future products appear days before the actual sale begins, except HLJ. The earliest I've seen is hours.

Anybody care to PM the NY secret?

There's no "secret", all everyone is doing is entering 100 in the qty field to see their site correct it to what they are actually selling. Then they refresh again and again and see how long it takes to sell out. Doesn't exactly help you with ordering one since typing 100 might put the remaining 12 in your cart and when you go to check out you'll have to back out to correct the qty and might lose out in that time. A fun trick if you want to "watch" the stock sell out but that's all.

Does amazon Japan have the same timeframe for preorders?

They sometimes do same day/night, the problem is they only get every other Valk or so. For example they didn't have anything prior to the 171 for preorder, they had the 171 Alto, didn't have the YF-29 30th, did have the 171 CF, and so on. I am referring to Amazon Japan themselves here, not third party sellers. So when Bandai does decide Amazon is worthy of stock they do list it around the same time. Yet somehow Bandai can stock local retailer for NY to buy up and scalp the stock from but not the world's largest online retailer consistently.

Is it just me or there is little to no links for the new VF-27 around? Normally I find there are links for a future product days before but this time there isn't any to be found and it's on sale tomorrow. :unsure:

Golden Week last week meant no one came back to work until today, or later, and sites are just now beginning to put up a couple new items (hobbysearch has some new non-macross stuff today for the first time in almost a week).

Pay 40 dollars over retail?

Shhh!!! Awww....damn it, now you've ruined it for everyone. :lol: