IXTL

Shin Getter bro!

But why 2? Also, in before the inevitable Tamashii Web Exclusive Getter Tomahawk and other effects parts

Probably sell one later in the year to pay for the other one! haha Or at least make 20-30 bucks to cover shipping.

Worst that can happen is I just make my money back.

Hard to loose on 50 bucks even.

Edited by Gakken85

my guess is Bandai did not produce as much as these aren't as popular as the vf-25's. Let's just hope if they are ever made, the YF-25, the alternate YF-29's and the YF-30 are tamashii exclusives...

For those...let's hope!

-----

http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/macross/5088-macross-f-dx-chogokin-vf-27-lucifer-valkyrie-super-parts-set.html

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=TOY-RBT-03430&page=top

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/goods/goods_detail.html?KEY=NEOGDS-87205

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10227289

Edited by xrentonx

The questions is whether it's worth it to pay for NY premium or take the chances and buy from Amazon JP or Rakuten when it comes out. There's plenty of VF-171 CF at Amazon JP and prices are better than NY too.

Given how fast these sold out, I won't be surprised that NY will whack a huge premium like the VF-25F. Their premium for the VF-171, RVF-25 were more reasonable.

Would've been happier if they'd just make the entire line made to order, or at least take orders from the get-go. They seem so afraid to overproduce these, it would make a ton of sense.

They have GOT to realize that they are just feeding the day one scalpers with these numbers.

because that would make sense. Japanese companies like Bandai are super super slow to adopt a different approach. Once they commit to one way of doing things they sorta stick to it despite the fact that they may not be doing the absolute best way. Trust me I've worked in japanese companies for 10 years.

The questions is whether it's worth it to pay for NY premium or take the chances and buy from Amazon JP or Rakuten when it comes out. There's plenty of VF-171 CF at Amazon JP and prices are better than NY too. Given how fast these sold out, I won't be surprised that NY will whack a huge premium like the VF-25F. Their premium for the VF-171, RVF-25 were more reasonable.

Mandarake's another source, though the effort required to scour those sites maybe a bit on the high side.

Duymon's right about the Japanese companies though, they are anything but agile.

Would've been happier if they'd just make the entire line made to order, or at least take orders from the get-go. They seem so afraid to overproduce these, it would make a ton of sense.

I agree. But I think if they did that, they would also risk losing a lot of potential sales. I don't think many people have the chance of buying Web-exclusive stuff.

See, I wish I'd been watching earlier, the whole surprise attack from NY was odd.

I'll probably bite even at some amount of markup (considering it's basically a valk plus a super pack included, which would add another $50 or so to a valk anyway on top of extra shipping), but I'm wondering how long until they add more. I know the last time they added more stock sometime the same night, right after the initial sales burst, but I can't remember how early in the morning it was.

Edited by Chronocidal

Bandai's pretty smart if you ask me. They've developed a method to keep us wanting even the villain or CF jets, simply because of how hard it is to procure them.

and then they slap you with super/armor parts for web-exclusives

Edited by SaitouSad

Amusingly I can see them patting one another on the backs today congratulating one another on, yet again, a well managed preorder campaign. :lol:

Well... they did get all their production sold, did they not?... Sucks for us, though.

Whoa so NY opened preorders for the VF-27 early? Goddammit!

Yeah, it was really weird that they did that. We're all waiting on the opening volley of preorder markup from them now...

Well really in their eyes they put out x number of units for preorder. The full x number sold out in a minute. So they did they're job. Who cares if the fans can't get one.

That's the spirit! Damn right! How dare some silly fan question their inability to make a purchase! Glory and honor to Bandai! Masters of industry! :D

Did anyone notice that the main picture of the vf-27 on amiami site it the v.1, the newer one is in the smaller pictures to the right of it, and on the bottom row of pics, but the first pic on the bottom row is the v.1

Well... they did get all their production sold, did they not?... Sucks for us, though.

Like I said...sake for all! Sushi is on Bandai's president tonight for another perfectly orchestrated preorder campaign. May the families of bandai employees feel burning vigor of true honor and glory!