IXTL

Price dropped at NY again. I guess at this point most folks who want on have already gotten one. Time for a second one anyone?

Thanks for the tip ! I've ordered one from NY after seeing the price drop. Quite reasonable, if I may say.

Now onto my first Lucifer.

It'll be quite funny when my kids tell the teacher in school that "dad has a Lucifer figure and even talks to it". I'll be in a lot of trouble ! Hahaha

I havent been here a while. Im sorta of meh on valks now. Too dam pricey for what they are. And kinda of shitty charging so much more than the originals being they are fixes to the original. I have one renewal and some very good condition Rel. 1 MF valks. Im tired of macross. I want to see some other planes other than the Vf-1 which has been done to death. Re-releases that cost more than a house is killing the interest thanks to 3rd Party transformers which to me now seems so much more worth the money and the V2 MP line. These things have just gotten boring.

I havent been here a while. Im sorta of meh on valks now. Too dam pricey for what they are. And kinda of shitty charging so much more than the originals being they are fixes to the original. I have one renewal and some very good condition Rel. 1 MF valks. Im tired of macross. I want to see some other planes other than the Vf-1 which has been done to death. Re-releases that cost more than a house is killing the interest thanks to 3rd Party transformers which to me now seems so much more worth the money and the V2 MP line. These things have just gotten boring.

I feel like the price is justified. The original VF-27 was released in 2010 for 16,000 Yen without a stand and the Super Parts. Since no Super Parts for the V1 Lucifer where released the original VF-25 Super Parts give a hint how they would have been priced. These where released for 4,000 Yen and included a stand. Although the VF-27 Super Parts have less stuff then the VF-25 parts but when you take into account that labor and material costs usually go up over time I feel like 20,000 Yen in 2013 for the VF-27 with stand and Super Parts is a good price compared to the original release.

Sure you don't have the initial R&D costs but Bandai made a lot of changes to the existing mold which can be pretty pricey on their on. Sometimes the cost of changing a product can even exceed a new development form the ground up.

I think you can compare this release to some extend to the MP-11 Seeker mold (would you count that to the V2 MP line). The toy had a cheep look for a high end collectible piece (especially the gray plastic) and was retrofitted into a robot that is hanging from the bottom of a jet plane rather than a rather realistic look airplane that the MP-03 was. Of course there where some shortcomings in the Kawamori design but Takara could have done a better job there. The back of the plane where the thrusters are is there worst offender in my opinion. Also for what you getting I feel that the toy was pretty expensive. On the other hand I wish Takara would release a MP Skywarp based on the MP-11 mold.

Third party transforming robots can be pretty cool (like the FT Quake Wave) or pretty terrible (like the TFC Superion; ok maybe terrible is too strong of a word) but they all are super pricey given their niche audience. However I love the upcoming MMC stuff.

And I know exactly how you feel like. My attention also switched from Transformers to 3rd party transforming robots to Valkyries and back (and across). Hopefully there will be a new Macross show someday so we get a new generation of Variable Fighters. Or Arcadia will stay long enough afloat to give us the other Macross Valkyries we are missing so far. But for that they have to make money and the Macross cash-cow was the VF-1.

So to get a VF-2SS you have to purchase lots and lots of VF-1 toys. :p

Edited by Scyla

I hope that doesn't mean we don't get the green versions. After owning the main one I kind of want him to have a wingmate.

They could always make it web exclusive however the selling poorly thing is likely their own fault for half-assing this release. Too many people think it isn't really enough of a renewal to care, and who could blame them.

Edited by Mommar

They could always make it web exclusive however the selling poorly thing is likely their own fault for half-assing this release. Too many people think it isn't really enough of a renewal to care, and who could blame them.

I sincerely don´t see that "there´s no interest". I mean, if stores revamp the price up (quite a lot) from the "msrp" of the preorders, why should affect Bandai that those same stores are selling it at "normal price". But, even so, maybe the VF-171 CF fiasco is doing something on sells....

But in the end I think that It´ll sell the same as the other releases. Maybe in a slow pace, but it´ll sell. And from Bandai´s perspective, they´ve complete all the preorders.

I´ve ordered one with the price drop. Even with a mark up (here in Argentina we don´t have some luxuries that other countries have) it was convenient.

Now we have to see if at better prices they sold out. If that´s the case, it means that all of us, as consumers, are kind of madurating.

Imho I don´t think that we´re going to see the green Lucifer. I think they´re going to stick to the movies, so, if they didn´t appear in both movies, they won´t care. But it´s pure speculation on my part.

Looks like the VF-27 keeps on falling in price. At Amazon JP its currently at 16,780 Yen shipped within Japan. Probably approx another 3,780-4,180 Yen to ship it via Tenso using EMS to USA and some otehr countries.

Wonderful, I overpaid for yet another Bandai dx...

I had 4x 25-A's on order, but cancelled one. I will be using them as my "Naked" 3 modes 25 display. All my hero valks have Super Parts or Armor parts on them. I do have 1x Naked Alto, but was hoping for a Tornado parts release. If not, I may sell it with the extra Alto Armor parts I have in the closet.

Don't think of it as overpaid. Think of it as getting what you wanted.

Nope I definitely overpaid. It was a bad gamble, hate playing this game with bandai.

Can someone post a picture of what they're masking so the paint doesn't rub? Is it so the cockpit doesn't rub against the backplate?

Aaarrrggg. Do I want another one of these or that metal build Exia....

I'm by no stretch of the imagination a Gundam fan (I like some) but the Exia is probably gonna be better quality (I do have that new Exia repair on order) :ph34r:

I'm by no stretch of the imagination a Gundam fan (I like some) but the Exia is probably gonna be better quality (I do have that new Exia repair on order) :ph34r:

Honestly I am also not the biggest Gundam fan either, but the metal builds are built really well and super pose-able. I got sucked in to the line and have all the releases so far except the Prism coat freedom, I could not justify it after I had already bought the the wing normal coat. I did end up buying the 00/Raiser combo Tamashii exclusive even though I already had the 1st release 00/Seven sword/Raiser. I figure I can have a Seven Sword/Raiser in fighter mode display and a 00 Raiser display.

Back on topic, Jenius what ever happened to the video review buddy? ;)

Changes video and transformation video are done... review should be done momentarily and then all should get uploaded tonight. Sorry it's taking so long.

Edit - I decided to hold off on a battroid to fighter transformation video and will do that if Bandai gives us any repaints.

Edited by jenius