IXTL

I'm just frustrated. I've been watching all of the damn sites for days waiting for this, and in the middle of the night they sell out everywhere.

I just want 1... NOT 2, or 3, just 1.

What time does NY or HLJ normally open preorders? And do I need a facebook or twitter account to follow them to know when they will put them up for sale?

I'm just frustrated. I've been watching all of the damn sites for days waiting for this, and in the middle of the night they sell out everywhere.

I just want 1... NOT 2, or 3, just 1.

What time does NY or HLJ normally open preorders? And do I need a facebook or twitter account to follow them to know when they will put them up for sale?

Firstly, you can only safely get it from japanese sites. Why, coz all other resellers are basically screwed by the japs on quantity allocation, so unless you r the gambling type, go jap!

Secondly, NY, HLJ and other japanese sites are basically in japan meaning they will open within 9-5pm (Japan TIme)! Although so, i find they usually put them up in the evening ard 4-5pm (Japan TIme for those still wondering!)

Thirdly, on NY where there is a link on the product page which notifies you when there is a preorder "re-opening" (Their first has no notification, additional re-openings at higher mark-up has).

Lastly, other sites have no early warning, so you basically have to make it like spidey, when a preorder comes knocking, your spidey sense go ting-a ling! Else you r basically screwed like me!

Hmm now im wondering should I pay 250 which is the same as those scalper price on yahoo.jp auction or sit it out? Think I will sit this one out instead

Wonders why did bandai bundled the booster packs together with the VF-27y, don't they always issue the adds on as a separate pack?

Amiami now puts up their preorder page with start time several hours in advance.

Good luck getting one from them though. It's the online equivalent of a Black Friday mob rush, though no one gets trampled to death. So there's that...

Hmm now im wondering should I pay 250 which is the same as those scalper price on yahoo.jp auction or sit it out? Think I will sit this one out instead

Wonders why did bandai bundled the booster packs together with the VF-27y, don't they always issue the adds on as a separate pack?

Marketing... VF-27 is a less favorite design and people already have their VF-27v1, they should have add something more to sell the v2...

Edited by charger69

If NY open again, it will be more than 250. Their price goes up on every round. It looks like I am going to sit this one out.

At this point, it's probably worth waiting until release. People are gradually realizing the way the scalping racket works, and deciding not to cave to their ridiculous prices, so come release day, all those preorders the scalpers couldn't sell at 2x retail will probably go back up for sale at the original price.

Basically, the scalpers are banking on the high demand for stuff like the Alto and Ozma, and hoping it applies to all of Bandai's releases. In the case of stuff like the Michael, Luca, and VF-171s, it's creating the illusion of high demand, because they're snapping up all the preorders hoping to turn a profit.

If no one buys the scalpers' preorders, they just cancel them and you get to pick them up at retail from the original source. So in the end, the only winning move is not to play. :p

On the other hand, there is something to be said for having the peace of mind of a confirmed preorder. With this particular valk though, I think the scalpers are going to be spectacularly disappointed. While the new one is a definite improvement, the original wasn't actually anything I'd call bad to begin with. Combined with being an enemy valk, and the massive starting price compared with the other releases, I don't think this one will be hard to find later on.

When you think about pricing though, it makes sense why AmiAmi gets so hammered. With the way they discount preorders, scalpers can sell their orders at or even below retail, and still turn a profit.

At this point, it's probably worth waiting until release. People are gradually realizing the way the scalping racket works, and deciding not to cave to their ridiculous prices, so come release day, all those preorders the scalpers couldn't sell at 2x retail will probably go back up for sale at the original price.

Basically, the scalpers are banking on the high demand for stuff like the Alto and Ozma, and hoping it applies to all of Bandai's releases. In the case of stuff like the Michael, Luca, and VF-171s, it's creating the illusion of high demand, because they're snapping up all the preorders hoping to turn a profit.

If no one buys the scalpers' preorders, they just cancel them and you get to pick them up at retail from the original source. So in the end, the only winning move is not to play. :p

On the other hand, there is something to be said for having the peace of mind of a confirmed preorder. With this particular valk though, I think the scalpers are going to be spectacularly disappointed. While the new one is a definite improvement, the original wasn't actually anything I'd call bad to begin with. Combined with being an enemy valk, and the massive starting price compared with the other releases, I don't think this one will be hard to find later on.

When you think about pricing though, it makes sense why AmiAmi gets so hammered. With the way they discount preorders, scalpers can sell their orders at or even below retail, and still turn a profit.

The only way to beat the scalpers is to not give in to them. That way they won't follow through on their pre-orders that they have not paid for. And more stock will be available at more reasonable price. Just look at the VF-171 CF.

Frankly saying, NY should impose a new ruling that a certain percentage of deposit is required every time a preorder is placed as this will discourage scalpers from hoarding all the goods. Then again, NY is maybe one of the perpetrators artificially jacking up the price and limiting the quantities to create an artificial impression of demand.

Frankly saying, NY should impose a new ruling that a certain percentage of deposit is required every time a preorder is placed as this will discourage scalpers from hoarding all the goods. Then again, NY is maybe one of the perpetrators artificially jacking up the price and limiting the quantities to create an artificial impression of demand.

Well it is obvious that NY is a scalper itself and alot of us are willing to pay the marked up prices. One way to deal with this is to abuse their system and order 50 pieces or so, when it comes to payment time, don't pay and see the prices crash.

Alternatively, we can collaborate and mass order...

Edited by macroxx

Well it is obvious that NY is a scalper itself and alot of us are willing to pay the marked up prices. One way to deal with this is to abuse their system and order 50 pieces or so, when it comes to payment time, don't pay and see the prices crash.

Alternatively, we can collaborate and mass order...

It wouldn't help. It would drive up the "apparent demand" and jack up the price.

And even if you don't honor the preorder, they would most likely be able to sell them at $(InflatedPrice -2).

It wouldn't help. It would drive up the "apparent demand" and jack up the price.

And even if you don't honor the preorder, they would most likely be able to sell them at $(InflatedPrice -2).

It would help if we don't buy at $(InflatedPrice-2). They can only charge what people are willing to pay. And apparently lots of people are willing to pay inflated price.

Gone!

*Edit* weird they came back!

28 Left

as long as people keep buying, NY will continue to buy up all the stock from everywhere else and rip people off.

I don't really see it as a rip off on their part. They are buying up stock and marking it up for a profit. It lets others get one cheaper than the auction sites.

I mean for all we know they could be paying high prices to begin with, then mark them up to get some profit. I doubt they would do it for free.

20 left!

holy crap.. that's close to 300 bucks in my currency.
this is already becoming one of the most expensive frontier valks (as far as preorder prices are concerned)

I think we need to remember that the MSRP on this valk was high to begin with. So I can see it going to $300 or so possibly.

Edited by Loop

True. We have no idea what their margin is. They could be making 5 bucks off every Valk for all we know.

Edited by xrentonx

18 Left

True. We have no idea what their margin is.

You got a point, but I do think of them as a proxy. They have found a very profitable niche, I can't blame them if people are willing to pay it. I can tell you this though, I had my friend search all around Japan for the VF-25F re issue and the brick and mortar stores with sites were just as high if not higher than NY after the initial 4PM window.

14 left at NY.

Did Otacute ever open? I have not really been paying attention since I got mine on HLJ on the first night.