IXTL

I originally thought it was a re-release of the first version but in light of the new pics, I just might be in for one (only one though). I can't put my finger on it but something else seems off even with the changes shown.

We'll see how I feel come preorder day...

I can't believe I'm convincing myself to pay the 21000 price tag (or possibly higher if I can't secure one anywhere else), and yet haven't come to terms of coughing up more than 20000 yen for a VB-6 monster.... Dammnit Bandai!

I have to admit I was kinda kidding when said next Monday. :)

Somewhere on this message board was a plan how the timeline for Bandai preorders is but I forgot. :(

Compared to the previous releases the preorder started shortly after the announcement.

You can also check amiami since they have a date when the preorders are starting. So the safest bet is to check the thread and see when amiami is updating their site.

/SOLD OUT :p

Oh I'm glad I sold my VF-27 v1 BEFORE these pics came out. So does everyone pretty much do the same thing on preorder nights and just not sleep? Sucks being on the west coast.

Well with the price I sold my v1 at, I could probably just preorder at NY the next morning anyway and still come out ahead.

Edited by grymg

Well you had 3 years of enjoyment at least. Some toys lie disintegrated in their boxes after that period of time. Plus the first release was a huge improvement over the V1 VF-25.

i'll get one even though i have both v1 releases from way back. like i got at least one v2 vf-25 even though i got the v1's. it is what it is... but yeah, can't say it doesn't hurt bit (buying renewed valks ain't exactly like buying upgraded TFs from toys r us).

Edited by D_Unit

while some of the parts have changed the majority of the 27 seems to be the same with just a lil extra tampo. Will be a must-buy since they fixed the hips :D yaaay

ALso pretty glad it's going to have a clear green canopy. I prefer that look over the stock.

Edited by Duymon

So what would it need to be considered a true renewal version?

From my viewpoint, it has all the major renewal improvements (new crotch lock that allows legs to be lower, crotch angle lock, new wrist mount, articulated hands, new shoulder block joint, new head, corrected feet color, built in neck extension, shield was already fine, already had swiveling knee joints) that the VF-25's had. Much of the mold didn't need to be redone because it was already a big step up over the initial VF-25 releases. So due to that fact, the improvements may seem more incremental rather than the huge jump going from 25 v1 to v2.

To be considered true renewal would entail a completely new toy: new design, new engineering, new molds, not just redesigned bits and redressing and reusing of the old parts. But, realistically, that's just quibling; this refreshed re-release of the VF-27 is, as I stated, a near-renewal edition given all the fixes/improvements, and since this V1.5 is likely to be the definitive DX version of the Lucifer, any distinction between this and a pie-in-the-sky totally new V2.0 is merely academic.

Question: Were the landing gears on the V1 VF-27 stumpy like on the V1 25s, or were they longer like with the 29 onwards? And what are the chances that, if they were short, they have been revised for the upcoming 27 release?

Well then, guess I can deal with having an old and a new one of these. I've gotten enough VF-25s, I need something to balance them out. :p Probably stuck with NY's day-after markup rates, but with the Yamato releases tapering off, I've got less to save up for.

To be considered true renewal would entail a completely new toy: new design, new engineering, new molds, not just redesigned bits and redressing and reusing of the old parts. But, realistically, that's just quibling; this refreshed re-release of the VF-27 is, as I stated, a near-renewal edition given all the fixes/improvements, and since this V1.5 is likely to be the definitive DX version of the Lucifer, any distinction between this and a pie-in-the-sky totally new V2.0 is merely academic.

Question: Were the landing gears on the V1 VF-27 stumpy like on the V1 25s, or were they longer like with the 29 onwards? And what are the chances that, if they were short, they have been revised for the upcoming 27 release?

I think the original release already was a V1.5. As Bandai seem to have corrected its only main flaw I cannot see a reason for not to call this re-release a V2.

The landing gears were OK, only that the front one didn't lock in position.

I think the original release already was a V1.5. As Bandai seem to have corrected its only main flaw I cannot see a reason for not to call this re-release a V2.

The landing gears were OK, only that the front one didn't lock in position.

Original release categorizes it as a V1 where the VF-27 is concerned; when compared to the V1 VF-25 an argument could be made that the design is kind of a 1.5, but since they are different mecha, despite their similarities, I can't consider the previous releases of the Lucifer anything other than a V1... which makes this revised release a 1.5. After all the YF-29 is also similar to the 25 in a great many respects, but it was never called a 1.5 or 2.0 derivative of the original V1 Messiah; it's its own Valk and therefore a V1 of that design. Bacause the upcoming bundle pack VF-27 is a marriage of old and new parts, it qualifies as a 1.5 in my book. I think of it in terms of Yamato's 1/60 VF-1s, the first few were V1.0, then they tweaked that design by adding pilot busts, mouting holes, and inner ducting of the intake/upper leg GERWALK swivel -- this made the update a 1.5 version, then after the 1/48s they released the V2.0 VF-1s which were totally new, and later revised that to correct some design flaws which gave us what can be regarded as a V2.5.

Edited by mechaninac

Ah geez---I just noticed Bandai STILL hasn't fixed the missing stripe segment on the VF-27's wing-glove. The stripe should be pretty much continuous from the nose all the way back and out to the wing-tips. But there's a gap where it starts and stops---but there shouldn't be. The animation and model kits both have it continuous, and even the protos of the DX showed it painted (incuding the green version)---but no actual finished version of the DX has it. :p

What's the point of adding a bunch of little details, when the main accent stripe itself is still incomplete?

(it's the "hip-gun cover" piece, one of the earliest pieces you move when transforming from fighter mode in the -25/27 family)

I have a little time to camp on Monday and Tuesday, so I hope preorders go up then.. Wednesday, not so much.. I just wanna get one piece in and be done with this. After that, it's just the VF-25S and the Monster (you think we'll ever see that reissued?), and some armour parts and I hope to be done with this series.. at least till the YF-29 Isamu version or YF-30 gets made