IXTL

Damn I'm at work now and can't look at those images due to some IT shenanigans. Can someone describe what they changed on the hip? Does it look like the Renewals? Or even better can someone re-post the image of the hip.

The new version gets a neck and the chest now rests higher. The shoulders are also readjusted it seems.

Damn. I thought it would be a quiet August.

P.S. Oops! I didn't comment on the hip. :wacko:

Edited by ff95gj

Damn I'm at work now and can't look at those images due to some IT shenanigans. Can someone describe what they changed on the hip? Does it look like the Renewals? Or even better can someone re-post the image of the hip.

abnVGMUM.jpg?st=1TaVKjG1Domu3aBmq7rhLQ&e

Need more 3/4 views without the armor in a neutral pose, I think...must admit the new pics have me on the fence now. (damnit!!) :ph34r:

Edited by xrentonx

Interchangeable canopy like the kit. Fantastic! I know the normal one is for stealth but i like the more classic jet look.

The price for just a mold cannibalizing..... now that sucks unless you can get amiami price on it.

Thanks for the post mechaninac. Can't see your images either Reïvaj but thanks for the effort.

Now I'm really exited even it the crotch looks to long compared to the line art but it is more than I would have asked for (besides of a Renewal).

Will the VF-27 be as tall as the Renewal VF-25 with those changes?

I agree that is is a bit pricey but the first release is going for 25000 Yen so I'm not complaining because the set contains a updated Valkyrie and the Super Parts so it's a much better deal compared to the after-market prices of a VF-27 plus the Super Parts. I can however understand if owners of the first released are upset doe to Bandai not offering standalone upgrades.

oh wow, I'm so glad I decided not to pick up the 2nd hand ones floating around. These slight improvement look much better.

I'd definitely get one this time (also no multiples necessary)

So POs up on Monday? Hmmm...right after Golden Week..

:o !!! I don't know whether to feel :) or -_- !

I'm feeling this right about now. :angry:

21,000 yen for a toy I already bought 3 years ago with fastpacks and a couple remolds to fix a bunch of parts they shouldn't have screwed up in the first place? frakk you too bandai. <_<

Edited by anime52k8

After looking at the images I realize how awesome the mold changes are. It has the articulated hands of the Renewals which indicates that the ball a the wrist is now attached to the hand and not to the forearm like before. It also has the metal finish on the feet so it should blend in well with the Renewals. Let alone the additional details and tampo printings. I'm in love! :wub:

Will the VF-27 be as tall as the Renewal VF-25 with those changes?

The VF-27 battroid is shorter than the VF-25 so it shouldn't be as tall. It should be slightly taller than the original though.

I'm feeling this right about now. :angry:

21,000 yen for a toy I already bought 3 years ago with fastpacks and a couple remolds to fix a bunch of parts they shouldn't have screwed up in the first place? frakk you too bandai. <_<

Bandai always charges a lot for the super packs and accessories. The pricing seems to be in line with their add-on gouging practices. Assuming 14,000 yen for the base item and then another 7,000 yen for the accessories/super packs. Too bad they're not selling a stand alone version of the VF-27 renewal. It will be even uglier after all the stores sell out in .000005 seconds and NY marks up the prices for being the only ones around still having stock.

After looking at the images I realize how awesome the mold changes are. It has the articulated hands of the Renewals which indicates that the ball a the wrist is now attached to the hand and not to the forearm like before. It also has the metal finish on the feet so it should blend in well with the Renewals. Let alone the additional details and tampo printings. I'm in love! :wub:

I'm glad they fixed the color on the feet and engine nozzles to be like the line art. The previous version was too light in color. Also, with the renewal type wrist connection, maybe it can finally support the gunpod. So it seems like this is the VF-27 renewal we've been wanting with the renewal style hip lock and crotch angling mechanic and renewal style shoulder block joint. Looks like the head is slimmed down just a tiny bit in addition to having the longer neck. It's not as wide as before.

One thing that irks me is despite all the additional tampo markings, they still forgot to finish the hull red stripe that is supposed to be on the hip gun parts. >.<

Edited by MacrossJunkie

I like the changes although I wish they could have made the crotch smaller and the legs sit a touch higher to match the line art better.

Still debating if this is worth the pre-order trouble, what with the higher price tag. The mark up prices for those who miss out with stores like Amiami and HLJ will be horrendous.

I wish they'd offer a non-fast pack version for the usual 14000 Yen price point -- I can't see myself mounting the add-ons very ofter, if at all.

The more I look at the images the more I see the improvements; as mentioned above, it's not just the crotch/hip area but the hands, the deeper plastic hue, the added tampo markings, the darker metalic feet, the way the head stands proud of the shoulders... this "reissue" of the best of the old series of Frontier Valks is now a near-renewal edition, almost on par with the Durandals, that should look at home next to the V2 25s, 29s and 171s... instead of slouching in Battroid, it now stands erect and better matches the elegance of the lineart. I think I'm sold since, after this investment in redoing the Lucifer, I doubt Bandai will revisit the design for a true renewal version.

I wish they'd offer a non-fast pack version for the usual 14000 Yen price point -- I can't see myself mounting the add-ons very ofter, if at all.

The more I look at the images the more I see the improvements; as mentioned above, it's not just the crotch/hip area but the hands, the deeper plastic hue, the added tampo markings, the darker metalic feet, the way the head stands proud of the shoulders... this "reissue" of the best of the old series of Frontier Valks is now a near-renewal edition, almost on par with the Durandals, that should look at home next to the V2 25s, 29s and 171s... instead of slouching in Battroid, it now stands erect and better matches the elegance of the lineart. I think I'm sold since, after this investment in redoing the Lucifer, I doubt Bandai will revisit the design for a true renewal version.

So what would it need to be considered a true renewal version?

From my viewpoint, it has all the major renewal improvements (new crotch lock that allows legs to be lower, crotch angle lock, new wrist mount, articulated hands, new shoulder block joint, new head, corrected feet color, built in neck extension, shield was already fine, already had swiveling knee joints) that the VF-25's had. Much of the mold didn't need to be redone because it was already a big step up over the initial VF-25 releases. So due to that fact, the improvements may seem more incremental rather than the huge jump going from 25 v1 to v2.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

The VF-27 battroid is shorter than the VF-25 so it shouldn't be as tall. It should be slightly taller than the original though.

True but I saw a picture once that compared the two toys in Battroid-Mode and the VF-27 just look like it's scale was to small. Maybe that changed with the new placement of the hips so I'm eagerly awaiting comparison pictures. It just looked wired to see the Renewals and the Lucifer together as if something was a little bit of. Hardly noticeable but still there like an itch on my back.

But I have to agree with you the improvements the VF-27 had with the V1 Messiahs and the added improvements with this release make it equal to the renewals on paper. Only the size of the crotch might be off to much for some tastes. I can understand why but I'm just excited about the amount of improvements Bandai made with this release because like David said the could just molded in the attachment points for the packs. So thank you Bandai now all that I need is the possibility to preorder. :D

oh wow, I'm so glad I decided not to pick up the 2nd hand ones floating around. These slight improvement look much better.

I'd definitely get one this time (also no multiples necessary)

So POs up on Monday? Hmmm...right after Golden Week..

Monday? May 8th is next Wednesday.

True but I saw a picture once that compared the two toys in Battroid-Mode and the VF-27 just look like it's scale was to small. Maybe that changed with the new placement of the hips so I'm eagerly awaiting comparison pictures. It just looked wired to see the Renewals and the Lucifer together as if something was a little bit of. Hardly noticeable but still there like an itch on my back.

Keep in mind that there is over a meter of height difference between the 25 and 27 so it would be pretty noticeable. That said if comparing the renewal 25's to the 27, the difference would be even worse due to the very slight height increase. This renewal 27 should close that gap a tiny bit but there will still be a noticeable height gap between the two just due to the valk's design alone.

Hell yeah, bring it on!!! One question though, whats next? It think that basically covers all the old valks! Unless they are relooking into Macross Quarter and Konig!!!

<wishful thinking>Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy!</wishful thinking>

Keep in mind that there is over a meter of height difference between the 25 and 27 so it would be pretty noticeable. That said if comparing the renewal 25's to the 27, the difference would be even worse due to the very slight height increase. This renewal 27 should close that gap a tiny bit but there will still be a noticeable height gap between the two just due to the valk's design alone.

<wishful thinking>Battle Frontier and Battle Galaxy!</wishful thinking>

Hm, is it time to announce a hat eating bet about the Battle Frontier/Galaxy release? :D Wishful thinking might get us the S.H.Monsterarts Vajra and a web exclusive perfect transformation DX YF-30.

It's not just the height it's everything. In the picture the VF-27 in Battroid looked like a 1/65 when the VF-25 Renewal looked like a 1/60. It just looked off. I have the same issue with the VF-17 and VF-19 from Yamato they both should be the same scale (I bet they are in Fighter-Mode) but in Battroid the VF-17 looks to big and bulk compared to the VF-19. It looks off. Every time I look at them I have the feeling that I should protect Docker otherwise Gamlin will come and molest him because the Blazer looks so fragile compared to the Nightmare. :lol:

I don't know how do describe it better.

It's absolutely possible that this comes due to the fact that something is wired the wrong way inside my brain so that can't be helped. As I said I'm eagerly awaiting comparison pictures.

Edited by Scyla

Hm, is it time to announce a hat eating bet about the Battle Frontier/Galaxy release? :D

It's not just the height it's everything. In the picture the VF-27 in Battroid looked like a 1/65 when the VF-25 Renewal looked like a 1/60. It just looked off. I have the same issue with the VF-17 and VF-19 from Yamato they both should be the same scale (I bet they are in Fighter-Mode) but in Battroid the VF-17 looks to big and bulk compared to the VF-19. It looks off. Every time I look at them I have the feeling that I should protect Docker otherwise Gamlin will come and molest him because the Blazer looks so fragile compared to the Nightmare. :lol:

I don't know how do describe it better.

It's absolutely possible that this comes due to the fact that something is wired the wrong way inside my brain so that can't be helped. As I said I'm eagerly awaiting comparison pictures.

I get that feeling when comparing the Frontier valks in fighter mode to the pre-Frontier designs. They're more or less the correct stated size and proportions seem accurate, but the cockpits and canopies of the Frontier valks just seem a lot slimmer, lower profile, and more compact, giving the impression that the scale is smaller.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yeah it's basically the same thing. But it's bugs me less there because they are from different shows, have a different design aesthetic, etc. The VF-27 and VF-25 however are from the same show so that's that.

However I'm willing to preorder this release within the second it opens up because it's still a beauty.

Why are people not calling this a renewal? Everything on it is different between the side-to-side pics. Even the nose of the plane is different sized between the two. I still think it's Battroid mode looks wrong for some reason, but then I've never been a fan of the 27 ever so that doesn't matter to me.

I'll get one if I can, I missed the first run, so I want one. 21,000 yen seems steep compared to other Bandai releases, but is what any Yamato 19 toy cost, I would be happy to pay that for a 27 renewal with super pack bundle. I do agree though, they could offer a cheaper one without the super packs