Misa: Coffee For one?

TheElf

Artwise - it's excellent.

However, I take issue with how innacurate the picture is to Misa's character. She would never pose like that - certainly not publicly, and I imagine not privately either, except by shere accident. She's far too modest as a woman. This is something I can see Cathy doing; but Misa - no.

Pete

Artwise - it's excellent.

However, I take issue with how innacurate the picture is to Misa's character. She would never pose like that - certainly not publicly, and I imagine not privately either, except by shere accident. She's far too modest as a woman. This is something I can see Cathy doing; but Misa - no.

Pete

You'd better steer clear of any Japanese Doujinshi store then. Misa is currently the most popular character in a variety of Macross hentai (even more popular than the Gnome of Zurich herself... :) ). Not that I'd know anything about that sort of thing, guvnor... :unsure:

Mind you, that tends to be *because* our Exec is such a modest, and refined person. :D

Edited by nautilus

You'd better steer clear of any Japanese Doujinshi store then. Misa is currently the most popular character in a variety of Macross hentai (even more popular than the Gnome of Zurich herself... :) ). Not that I'd know anything about that sort of thing, guvnor... :unsure:

Mind you, that tends to be *because* our Exec is such a modest, and refined person. :D

Yeah - I agree with your reasoning. In a sense, that is kind of the whole point of fantasy hentai - it would be kind of redundant to, for example, do a hentai about an characters who are immodest on a daily basis :-)

But, strangely enough - taking away Misa's immodesty makes her LESS attractive in my mind - so the hentai would not really work I think :-)

I am sure Hikaru would like seeing her like that after a long mission

See...I am not sure about this... I think if Hikaru came back and saw her like this - he'd freak out. I think Hikaru would prefer to come back and see her being her regular old modest self.

In her combat role - Misa is bombastic and stern. In her domestic female role, she's demure. Take either of those away - and the attraction is gone. Hikaru loved Misa - eventually - and I think it's because of these very specific characteristics of her female self that he did so.

Pete

Sometimes when you take a random picture of a person, you get an unexpected still. In this case she could have been shifting positions and a wind blows her direction and you get something like this. Most of the time its hilarious, once and a while it really works in their favor, and those the the best ones to keep.

Sometimes when you take a random picture of a person, you get an unexpected still. In this case she could have been shifting positions and a wind blows her direction and you get something like this. Most of the time its hilarious, once and a while it really works in their favor, and those the the best ones to keep.

That's an interesting point. However, that's true when it comes to photography, but here I think we're talking about the intention of the artist.

Edited by Reïvaj

That's an interesting point. However, that's true when it comes to photography, but here I think we're talking about the intention of the artist.

Not when a person starts describing the character in the piece as if she's a real person, that's who I'm responding to. I'm well aware of the original intention, I'm just trying to give Pete a way to appreciate the art witout compromising his view of Misa.

It's a great piece of art and I think we have to look at it just like that. It depicts a moment, provably one we all would like to see haha.

I think everyone sees Ranka as an naive, maybe innocent girl (not even a woman), still she is depicted almost fully naked on the side of the Koning monster, do you really see Ranka in that position?? It's art, and I think it's great

BTW, I'll take Misa over Minmay any day

• 2 weeks later...
Excellent work! :) Just curious, but what's going on with the tip of Misa's finger?

If you are talking about the right hand, she is grasping the back of the chair. I didn't realize I hadn't tightened that up....just got into getting her done. I tend to spend too much time on some of these pieces...it is supposed to be disappearing behind the chair back.

• 1 year later...