Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

More pics please

Yes, nice! MOre pics!

Once I make a little more progress, I'll take some. Probably Saturday.

Just because it looks like a quick build, doesn't necessarily mean I have the time for it!

OK. I've been working on this kit for a couple days. So far, just cutting, sanding and test fitting all the parts. Be prepare for some putty work. The landing gear covers does not fit well in retracted mode. The front one goes slightly below the airframe edge and the rear ones leaves a noticeable gab between the small winglet and the leg. Also. Good luck if you're planing on mounting the missiles on the wing and have it still be able to swivel when you swipe the wings back and forth. The pivot part of the missile mount is very tiny and requires glue but if even a tiny bit of plastic cement sips onto the pivot, you'll fuse the whole joint. I just did one and even using a needle size applicator, it's almost too much. I think I manage to save it as I keep turning the pivot as the plastic cement dries but it was close and there's 5 more to go. Say what you will about the Bandai VF-1 kit but at least those joints work.

Edited by Wiz13688

• 3 weeks later...

Now they just need to announce Super, Armored and Tornado packs and I'll be all kinds of broke again!

i actually got excited that I misread this the first time.

I read it initially as if those packs are getting released and quickly scrolled up to check the pics :p

Now they just need to announce Super, Armored and Tornado packs and I'll be all kinds of broke again!

That would be fantastic but considering they went and released this option I doubt they'll go that route. Not to be pessimistic or anything either, but Bandai had these covered and I just ordered the Tornado and Armoured (both Alto) Feb restock from HLJ. I love that Hasegawa is covering the VF-25 but it seems like there are still many older subjects to cover adequately before delving into these variants? I'd like to see more battroid kits myself, and the fighter kit release gives me that glimmer of hope.

I took a closer look at my Bandai Tornado kit, and it looks like you could modify a Hasegawa kit relatively easy to make the armor parts fit. Looks like the only tricky part would be the leg armor, and when you build the wings you'll have to leave out the swing arm attachment, since that limits the amount the wings swing back, and to fit the Tornado parts the wings have to be all the way back.

Of course, it'll probably be a total bitch when I actually get around to trying that......

My thoughts exactly! I didn't think they'd do Frontier so soon and they have. And the VF-25 is so rarely seen without extras that it seems silly not to have that in the pipeline. They did a super for the original VF-1, so why not?

I suppose you could argue that they've offered no "extras" for any of the other licenses they hold but that's not entirely true. For Zero, the VF-0S comes with the fast packs in the box. For Plus, well I'm thinking that goes against my argument. What about the VF-11 releases that are for "Macross the Ride"? That's money in molds that don't even feature on screen.

With all that in mind, I think it's certainly possible that Hasegawa would cash in on some additional Frontier stuff. I'm happy to be wrong, of course. ;)

My thoughts exactly! I didn't think they'd do Frontier so soon and they have. And the VF-25 is so rarely seen without extras that it seems silly not to have that in the pipeline. They did a super for the original VF-1, so why not?

I suppose you could argue that they've offered no "extras" for any of the other licenses they hold but that's not entirely true. For Zero, the VF-0S comes with the fast packs in the box. For Plus, well I'm thinking that goes against my argument. What about the VF-11 releases that are for "Macross the Ride"? That's money in molds that don't even feature on screen.

With all that in mind, I think it's certainly possible that Hasegawa would cash in on some additional Frontier stuff. I'm happy to be wrong, of course. ;)

VF11 got super packs as well as the VE-11

VF-0 a/s got ghost booster as well as good set of weapon.

so for me, it is just another waiting game. (hopefully)

edit:

I would like to add,

how would you rate the VF25 release of hasegawa? it seems to me that it went well since checking some Japanese retailer, most are in Back-ordered status already.

and seeing that they already have the VF-25G on the pipeline, it seems that the frontier series has done them good.

Edited by chyll2

Pretty much. I'm confident that Hasegawa will (slowly) release the kits with add ons. It's their marketing strategy to maximize revenue from molds by separately releasing different variations.

What was the wait for 1/48 vf-1 fast packs? Three years?

If anyone is building an Alto or Ozma version, DO NOT use the decals for the tail and leg fins. They don't fit well, and you're better off just painting them to begin with, other than applying, and scraping them back off in order to paint.

Yes, I'm speaking from experience here. :angry: