Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

Wow!!! Hasegawa comes through again. From the instructions, looks like the wings can be put on afterwards (facilitates painting!), separate parts for open and closed wheel well as well as separate canopies too. Even underwing ordinance that can swing with the sweep of the wings! I wonder if the extra set of decals for each kit will fit those poor Bandai cousins..

Wow!!! Hasegawa comes through again. From the instructions, looks like the wings can be put on afterwards (facilitates painting!), separate parts for open and closed wheel well as well as separate canopies too. Even underwing ordinance that can swing with the sweep of the wings! I wonder if the extra set of decals for each kit will fit those poor Bandai cousins..

So when can we expect your buildup!

So when can we expect your buildup!

Oh, I don't know about that. Still trying to find time to weather and clear coat my Renewal toys (and you know how far about they are released)!

It's out in Hobby Search with pics and scans of the instructions

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10242338

FINALLY SOME GOOD FREAKING LINEART.

Stupid bandai and their refusal to let anyone see the actual plan views of their dumb kits. :p

NOW I can go make a version with CAD, and stick it in a flight sim.

Edited by Chronocidal

FINALLY SOME GOOD FREAKING LINEART.

Stupid bandai and their refusal to let anyone see the actual plan views of their dumb kits. :p

NOW I can go make a version with CAD, and stick it in a flight sim.

uh it's all been in the VF-25 Masterfile for a while, chief

like several pages worth

Hey, look at what arrived tonight.

post-12411-0-34930100-1384603473_thumb.jpg
Bandai vs. Hasegawa. Really no contest which is the better.
post-12411-0-37936500-1384603610_thumb.jpg
post-12411-0-98416600-1384603617_thumb.jpg
post-12411-0-93501100-1384603601_thumb.jpg
Going right to the top of the build pile, after I finish my 1/32 Phantom, and a silly truck idea I've got planned.

uh it's all been in the VF-25 Masterfile for a while, chief

like several pages worth

True, but I've always loved Hasegawa for making completely consistent plan views in their drawings, since I believe the diagrams are printed based on the CAD used to cut the molds. The Master File drawings may have been generated the same way, using the CAD models in the renders, but I never looked that closely at them to see how they match up in 3D.

And anyway, I guess I should clarify that I'm more interested in getting line art of a version that exists as a physical model, rather than just computer art. Once I get myself one of those new fangled 3D printers, I might use those drawings to print myself some parts to upgrade the Bandai kits, or maybe make myself some super packs for the Hasegawa version. :)

One thing I noticed. On the instructions, they already have a segment for "Parts Not Used". What's circled are the intake shutters, in the closed position. No need for Hasegawa to produce them, if they weren't going to be used. Future release for a Super/Armored Messiah?

post-12411-0-38861600-1384687609_thumb.jpg

If I buy a model kit is for paint it and make it beautiful and admire it in my shelf. if I want to play with, I buy a toy.

But anyway, i can understand that there are people who likes these Bandai kits... But the decals?? My God, I can make my own decals in my inkjet printer, and the quality wil be far far better than the ^}><]>~}*~]}*££~^+!! Decals from Bandai. Sincerely, I never have seen before such a worst decal in the market. Damn it!!!

Super or armored versions wouldn't have the shutters either, since the intakes are covered up by the hip pieces.

Probably just included them to let you make the intakes in the closed position if you want to.

You're right!:

vf-25s-super-fighter-rearandventral.jpg

I agree with that. Sadly, before hasegawa announces their VF-25 project, I had been started the building of my RVF-25 in fighter mode. But what the hel! Welcome Hasegawa!

But anyway, i can understand that there are people who likes these Bandai kits... But the decals?? My God, I can make my own decals in my inkjet printer, and the quality wil be far far better than the ^}><]>~}*~]}*££~^+!! Decals from Bandai. Sincerely, I never have seen before such a worst decal in the market. Damn it!!!

QFT. I'm near finishing my VF-1 but the decals have gotten me frustrated to the point where I'm not sure if I want to finish the dang thing.

My package from HLJ just came through the door. The problem now is that I did not realize that the stand you see on the box and some photos does not come with the kit. Anyone got a link to the stand that was used in the official photos?

Wiz13688, are you talking about this stand ? http://www.hlj.com/product/HSG12/Sci

Edited by ivorysniper