Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-25 Messiah

EXO

AWESOME!!!! I hated my Bandai, but love the VF-25 design. Can finally give it some proper love.

Now, if they do a VF-25S, do you think the Bandai armored parts will fit?

Woohooo!! That's fantastic news... what a pain my VF-25F was to build - I never transform models anyways (the main reason they've been relegated to the bottom of my model pile). I guess I'll eventually use those Bandais in Battroid mode since I missed out on all the Toy Renewals.

AWESOME!!!! I hated my Bandai, but love the VF-25 design. Can finally give it some proper love. Now, if they do a VF-25S, do you think the Bandai armored parts will fit?

Doubtful, since you'll need to be able to realign the legs to apply the leg packs, and I doubt Hasegawa will make it easy to do. You might have individual leg pieces, but you'll need reworked knee joint at the very least.

Suppose you could always mashup the two kits though, assuming they match up well enough.

Either way.. I'll be looking forward to some quality decals on these, as well as landing gear that doesn't suck. Don't know how many I'll buy, since I've picked up so many of the Bandai kits (both 1/72 and 1/100 versions), but I'm interested to see what Hasegawa can do with this design.

Enough with 1/72 though, where's my 1/48 version? :D

Great news. I have some Bandai's VF-25 but I'm sure that the Hase plane will be the most beautiful of all. I can't wait to see some pictures!! And please Hasegawa... give us a VF-171!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 27 yrs old & built strictly in small scales (1/200, 1/144 and 1/72).... As a kid I loved the small scale stuff as it allowed me to build armies without taking up too much space. That has stuck with me as I grew up.

There are many subjects only available in 1/72 scale and it is not necessarily a money issue, more of a lifestyle limitation that determines what scale people build. Asians and a lot of Europeans love 1/72 scale as most of their homes are small compared to say those in the U.S.

1/48 or bigger for me, I love my eyes too much :-) cant build without em! Plus, this is just my opinion but especially with model jets, you just can see the proportions and awesome beastiness of an awesome jet unless its large scale. Imagine having a 1/32 VF-25 parked on the shelf in your living room it would just be beast. Ahhh I can only dream :mellow:

I tend to agree, but I think part of that comes from my love of being able to cram more detail into tight spaces. I grew up making kits, and I loved how much better detailed 1/48 cockpits were than the ones in my 1/72 kits.

Over the years, I've just come to realize that it wasn't impossible to cram that much detail in.. I just was just buying cheap kits. :p

I still love 1/48, but because of their size, I've cut down on building much in the past few years. Until I get room to display what I have, I'm not building any more big kits. I've just taken to focusing on getting better about my sanding/filling on sub-assemblies, cockpit detailing, etc. I'll do as much as I can to a kit, as long as it will still fit in the box. I've got quite a few wingless/tailless fuselages in my closet.

Part of what I actually like about the Bandai 1/72 VF-25.. you can actually fit three completed kits in one of their boxes. So as I build those, the room they take up actually decreases. :lol:

The larger the kit, the more time it takes - because you have that much more room to cram even more detail into it! I don't have the time to build 1/48 scales anymore, I find every time I move up a scale; 1/72 to 1/48 to 1/32, it takes four times longer to build (16 times longer to build a 1/32 scale!) because by then, you need to actually do not just the rivets, but the rivet socket heads too! 1/72 scale is just more forgiving when it comes to fine details. (ie; for landing gear bays, 1/72 scale I'd be happy with the brake lines and major hydraulic plumbing, but 1/48, you'd need all the electrical cabling and tie down loops, but at 1/32 scale, you need the metal manufacturers ID plates as well as all the cabling/plumbing ties as well!). Life's too short! :p

Yep, knowing when to stop is the challenge. Sometimes it's up to the client ( if it's for work) or its up to the psychotic demands of the individual modeller to draw the line. I've worked on large scale miniatures (9' to 12') that seemed to go by rather quickly, while more intricate pieces (4" x 6") took the same time, yet both held up to scrutiny. Complex pieces need not always translate to longer(or more detailed) builds when increasing scale. This may be an exception to the rule, but the 1/1 scale Gundam on exhibit in Japan a couple years back, is a good example. It appeared to have the detail of a high grade kit, but its 'presence' and craftsmanship more than made up for any shortcomings in detail.

It's natural to want to increase the details when moving on to greater scales, but sometimes the 1/48 scale photo of the wife and kids taped up in the valk's cockpit just won't happen...

...who am I kidding, I have trash cans to sculpt for my 1/2000 scale SDF! :D

we need pics of that!! when are we going to see pics of this model?

It was a surprise news at Tokyo Hobby Show.

They didn't have any materials to show us besides the panel at that time.

You can see from the panel;

-Release date will be 2013 Summer

-"More details will be announced on model magazines subsequently."

Let's wait for their update.

• 2 months later...