Happy 30th anniversary

Temucano

I remember one Sunday afternoon. About 2 pm. It suddenly started. F-14 like fighter planes changed into robots.

The story was like Mitsuru Adachi's comics like "Miyuki" and "Touch" and an idol sang catchy songs. We were used to seeing the main characters died in the story. But the strange thing was that not so serious the story became.

Macross was so different from Yamato, Gundam, and especially Ideon.

Minmay achieved what Kodai couldn't do and regretted on the Planet Gamilas in Yamato by singing her idol songs. And it was totally the opposite ending of the Ideon movie. It was "WOW!"

SDF Macross has always caught my heart and never stops.

I watched the first two episodes (in the "Macross Special" format) and listened to my newest iPod playlist: Macross 30, which is a collection of all the official anniversary CD releases: "Friends ~Across the Dimensions~" (both Mylene and Minmay versions) [15th Anniversary]; "Macross the Tribute," "Mari Iijima Sings Lynn Minmay," and "The Macross 2002 Song Collection" [20th Anniversary]; The "Macross Maximum Box" [25th Anniversary]; and the Sheryl and Ranka Guide through the Macross Gengaten Art Exhibit [30th Anniversary].

Yes, I know I should've added "Macross the Complete," but I only have the third disc on my computer....

I haven't been a Macross fan for very long, but I already know SDFM is one of my favourite anime. It's got it all: able to mix different tones completely, a feel-good show that doesn't lose its realism, and a great cast of memorable characters.

I'm going to try to watch as much SDFM as I can today, within reason.

Oh yeah....I was ready for today as well....pulled my Macross books out of my library, loaded my CD changer in my car with Macross OSTs, and watched episode 1 as I sipped my coffee before heading to work. I've been a Macross fan for a little over 28 years now and it still holds all the fascination as it did when I was first introduced to it. Happy Birthday SDF1!

Edited by fhrex

Happy Birthday Macross! You have brought me many years of happiness, even during some particularly dark times for me.

I came home late today, but I will Celebrate by staying up late to work on the Macross Mekton RPG adventure I am running this weekend & watching some Macross!

I still get a nostalgic tear when I hear Mari Ijiima singing Minmay songs. :wub:

Definitely a big birthday shot out to Macross, and to a franchise that has made many of us so happy all these years. That's no light thing, and after 30 years, it's still going strong. Happy Birthday, MACROSS!!!

So, just finished watching DYRL again. Definitely one of my favorite movies. I noticed a couple things. First, do you think Space McDonald's has better food than regular Mickey D's? Also, I just noticed that Roy was piloting a VF-1S Strike Valkyrie during the scenes when he and the others were captured by Britai. That's what I love about movies like this. You're always notice things you never noticed before.

Now to finish up Macross Plus and on to 7!!

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Happy Birthday Macross! Ordered the Blu Ray Limited Hybrid 30th. Anniversary box & have been listening to "MACROSS THE COMPLETE" CD set this week. "Tenshi No Enogu" still turns a bad day to a good one when I hear it.

Edited by Valkyrie Tech

Happy Birthday to THE BEST anime franchise HANDS DOWN - EVER!!! Cross Country practice in high school was delayed a day so I got home in time to see giant robots and giant aliens duke it out! Then I saw the awesome model kits! All these years and I'm STILL building Macross models (scratch or kit) and it's my favorite model by far! - MT :lol:

It's almost my age too!! :)

Thanks to a glorious lag from TRT (Turkish National Television) I was able to see Macross (as RT) first time in the early 90's!

Just before I go to elementary school every day :p

I don't remember how many times they re-aired the series during the early 90's!

Edited by charger69