Favorite Macross YouTube Vids

coronadlux

Macross Frontier Concert live @ Budokan 2010 with Megumi Nakajima, May'n, Yoko Kanno

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is one of Megumi's first performances, correct? It's adorable that she looks a bit nervous near the beginning before they start, probably asked May'n to hold her hand so she didn't freak out. Of course, both their voices are incredible for different reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC_d5zzm7Lg&feature=youtu.be&t=4m3s

If you want to hear the VA of Capt Jeffery Wilder being a goof doing the into, start earlier.

After that, watch the second vid that pops up. Nyan Nyan medley is sung so in sync live it makes me think fold quartz is real.

http://youtu.be/YC_d5zzm7Lg?t=4m3s

Edited by Kaldar5

• 2 weeks later...

Macross Frontier Concert live @ Budokan 2010 with Megumi Nakajima, May'n, Yoko Kanno

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is one of Megumi's first performances, correct? It's adorable that she looks a bit nervous near the beginning before they start, probably asked May'n to hold her hand so she didn't freak out. Of course, both their voices are incredible for different reasons.

Yes and no. That particular illegal rip from a readily legally available region A bluray ( :p ) is from the final performance of the Galaxy Frontier Tour in November 2008. I was at the seond last one in Yokohama a couple of weeks beforehand (http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=27911&p=672083).

It was the first concert tour Megumi had ever done, although she had done a few minor performances prior to the tour. When it came to performing live though, May'n didnt have all that much more experience (and Megumi is actually a teeny bit older than her any ways...just a teeny bit though lol). Going by the backstage extras on the bluray, I'd say they were both pretty darn nervous - especially when it came to riding the little lift on stage, lol.

Edited by Tochiro

Yes and no. That particular illegal rip from a readily legally available region A bluray ( :p )

When you say "Readily available"....

I assume you don't mean sane person readily available (Bestbuy, Amazon)

So do you mean...

Crazy Otaku readily available (order from a specialty importer using Japanese text based search with a varying level of legality for importing)

Or average Macross fan readily available (Order from a non-english site that only ships to Japan, using a 3rd party shipper, item is preorder only and currently out of stock)

Heh heh but seriously, if you do have a store suggestion for such things, send it my way.

And thanks for your concert report, I read it previously, good job with that!

It's almost a crime against humanity that these incredible concerts that so many people work so hard on and so few tickets available are not put on video.

It was the first concert tour Megumi had ever done, although she had

done a few minor performances prior to the tour. When it came to

performing live though, May'n didnt have all that much more experience

(and Megumi is actually a teeny bit older than her any ways...just a

teeny bit though lol). Going by the backstage extras on the bluray, I'd

say they were both pretty darn nervous - especially when it came to

riding the little lift on stage, lol.

Just a little experience goes a long way when it comes to big crowds, even just one concert before.... May'N looked super confident with a big grin first thing. But you might be right. Watching a stage crew hurriedly build a lifting device as fast as they can and riding it up might have caused some of that nervousness.

But in any case they both are adorable.

When you say "Readily available"....

I assume you don't mean sane person readily available (Bestbuy, Amazon)

So do you mean...

Crazy Otaku readily available (order from a specialty importer using Japanese text based search with a varying level of legality for importing)

Or average Macross fan readily available (Order from a non-english site that only ships to Japan, using a 3rd party shipper, item is preorder only and currently out of stock)

Heh heh but seriously, if you do have a store suggestion for such things, send it my way.

The same place I always recommend for Japanese Blurays or DVDs - Amazon Japan. Yes, both sane people AND otaku can use it! AND they have the option to turn on English for certain key elements (checkout, payment, etc. We all win!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスF-フロンティア-ギャラクシーツアー-FINALin-Blu-ray/dp/B002L6C5SQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361803222&sr=8-1

And thanks for your concert report, I read it previously, good job with that!

It's almost a crime against humanity that these incredible concerts that so many people work so hard on and so few tickets available are not put on video.

Thanks for the kind words. Wasnt fishing for a compliment per se, just trying to provide some context for the movie you linked to.

As for the lack of DVDs/BDs, I agree that its a shame these things dont get released. As a fan its always nice to see these things AND be able to support them in a way. Having said that, the only Macross concerts to get HD treatment have been pure Frontier ones - because those are the ones that sell in enough numbers to warrant a BD release (Approx 40%-50% of Firebomber gigs get a release but DVD only). And honestly, they aren't thinking of catering to those who aren't in Japan who cant make it to the events because...invariably someone just puts it on youtube anyway (seriously, it only takes one or two examples of this to convince a room full of execs to not release their game/anime/etc outside of Japan.). From a Japanese fan standpoint... I've come across mixed views. While many are happy when these things are released, others think that it would dilute the 'premium' nature of the event - they pay fanclub fees for the chance to ...win the chance to buy a US$100 ticket that they cant choose the seat for. Then they often stand in line for 4 or 5 hours before the event to be able to buy overpriced merchandise. Then do the same thing the next day, or even catch a bullet train to another city for the next days performance even. After sacrificing all that time and money they sometimes feel a kind of ownership of the event. While I understand where they are coming from, this sucks for everyone else and fortunately these types of fans are in the minority.

But anyways, I've digressed enough - umm....buy more Blurays everyone!

The same place I always recommend for Japanese Blurays or DVDs - Amazon Japan. Yes, both sane people AND otaku can use it! AND they have the option to turn on English for certain key elements (checkout, payment, etc. We all win!!!

http://www.amazon.co.jp/マクロスF-フロンティア-ギャラクシーツアー-FINALin-Blu-ray/dp/B002L6C5SQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361803222&sr=8-1

Thanks for the kind words. Wasnt fishing for a compliment per se, just trying to provide some context for the movie you linked to.

As for the lack of DVDs/BDs, I agree that its a shame these things dont get released. As a fan its always nice to see these things AND be able to support them in a way. Having said that, the only Macross concerts to get HD treatment have been pure Frontier ones - because those are the ones that sell in enough numbers to warrant a BD release (Approx 40%-50% of Firebomber gigs get a release but DVD only). And honestly, they aren't thinking of catering to those who aren't in Japan who cant make it to the events because...invariably someone just puts it on youtube anyway (seriously, it only takes one or two examples of this to convince a room full of execs to not release their game/anime/etc outside of Japan.). From a Japanese fan standpoint... I've come across mixed views. While many are happy when these things are released, others think that it would dilute the 'premium' nature of the event - they pay fanclub fees for the chance to ...win the chance to buy a US$100 ticket that they cant choose the seat for. Then they often stand in line for 4 or 5 hours before the event to be able to buy overpriced merchandise. Then do the same thing the next day, or even catch a bullet train to another city for the next days performance even. After sacrificing all that time and money they sometimes feel a kind of ownership of the event. While I understand where they are coming from, this sucks for everyone else and fortunately these types of fans are in the minority.

But anyways, I've digressed enough - umm....buy more Blurays everyone!

CDjapan is a completely english website export retailer and I have nothing but great things to say about them. Similar to HLJ but faster and for dvd's, cd's and blu-rays. I get most orders from them in one week.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCXE-216

7800yen with cdjapan is cheaper than the amazon.japan regular price (8190yen) but not their sale price(6060yen).

Edited by ATLMYK

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is so beautiful that I almost cried. ;)

Seeing as the link is no longer there, is this the video you guys were talking about?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvkJ1ISTfo (You have to watch the link directly on Youtube for some reason.)

Someone fill me in on all the details about this! That shot with the Vermillion Squadron guns blazing, back-to-back-to-back was too smexy.

Edit: Sorry antibiotictab, in my haste, I didn't see that you had already posted this on the first page of this thread.

Edited by Mog

• 3 months later...

It's kinda cool to see what 3D modelers and game modders are doing with Macross related stuff.

I'm so out of touch though. I only found this 1st one fairly recently; but apparently this mod was done a few years ago now(?) I still think it's pretty cool though, seeing VFs in "tactical" situations. And those Strike Valks look dang good, better than some "official" Macross licensed games. Now if he could just work a Regult into his mod...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Uwn2p_NHI

hehe--that Gerwalk landing could use some work, though

there's also folks making some good looking 3D models of VFs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBJtL47VT8g

and, there's some examples of just how far we've come...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LeRu2eyf60

not nearly as, er, spit-and-polished to say the least. looks like this one was modeled off the Toynami 1/55? :blink:

Edited by reddsun1