Favorite Macross YouTube Vids

coronadlux

HAHAHA, Yoshimoto geinins. The first one, Miyasako. The second one, Ken-Koba and the others are cosplaying. lol

The only thing I want to say is "こいつらアホやろ?なにやっとんねん?"

Best fan-animated vid I've seen:

OOOOh, I found otaking77077's comment for this movie. He is the man who made that animated Star Wars movie including the Itano circus-like missile spam scene everyone was talking about... And his comment was written in good Japanese and English. I wonder who he is. Is he a member of MW? He knows Macross 7 very well according to his comment. Here is his comment below. Raw.

---

どことなく見覚えがあるスタイルだと思ったが... やっぱりTekitohKanbenだ!

ずいぶん昔にTekitohさんのマクロス7ファンアートを見か-けたよ。90時代の全盛期になぁ。私達イギリス人のマクロス7フ-ァンはいまだにFIRE BOMBERのメッセージを信じている...

とにかく、このビデオはすごくよく出来ました。新しいミレーヌの-歌の中に、私はPLASTICSが一番大好きだから、いい選択だ-と思う!そしてアニメーションの質と撮影は嬉しくなるほどいいぞ-。まぁ、ちょっと英語に切り替える...

It's a big surprise to see that a favourite Macross fan artist from so many years ago is now? a pro animator. Please keep up the good work, and continue to spread the glory of Fire Bomber and Mylene to the world!

Paul. J

OtaKing77077 11 か月前

---

The Japanese part above is like this.

---

I remember this style somehow... TekitohKanben, as I thought!

I saw the Macross 7 fan art by Tekitoh-san long ago. It was the golden ages (of Macross 7) in 90s. We, English Macross fans, are still believing in FIRE BOMBER'S messages...

Anyway, This video is well done. I like PLASTICS the most among new Mylene's songs, so this is a good choice (for me), I think. And the quality and the shooting of this animation are pleasingly good. Well, I will switch to English for a while...

---

Hmm, some Macross fans in/ from foreign countries use Japanese so well...Incredible...

Don't miss the MMD works.

Dancing Valkyries. lol

http://youtu.be/oXHFulSHZVI

i like this one with Kawamori doing research for Macross Zero while in California and whoring Panasonic's DMR-HS2. :)

Not my favorite...but it's pretty unique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-LLB1eq_co&list=FLYWF9-80PoK5G-yOqpior7A&index=129&feature=plpp_video

OOOOh, I found otaking77077's comment for this movie. He is the man who made that animated Star Wars movie including the Itano circus-like missile spam scene everyone was talking about... And his comment was written in good Japanese and English. I wonder who he is. Is he a member of MW? He knows Macross 7 very well according to his comment.

I don't think he's a member here. He runs one of the first and most legendary fansub groups, called "Central Anime." They fansubbed Macross 7 back in the '90s, and also fansubbed all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

I don't think he's a member here. He runs one of the first and most legendary fansub groups, called "Central Anime." They fansubbed Macross 7 back in the '90s, and also fansubbed all of Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Oh, thanks for your reply. Many Japanese fans hate fansubbers, but they have the ability of using Japanese and the other languages. Hmm.

銀河英雄伝, hm. I sometimes feel like watching the series, but so many episodes, and need so long time... I know both it and Five Star Stories because I read about them on the Newtype mag 20 years ago when Sailor Moon R was just airing. Kadokawa had aggressively pushed them.

For the cuteness factor:

The first one, Kouichi Yamadera A.K.A. Yama-chan was hand-clapping. No need to explain who he is, right?

The second one, Sakai-san and Kosakai-san (the presenters) were so young. lol And I found Seiko Matsuda's song name in this movie. Before her marriage, so no Sayaka Kanda then.

MMD works.

Why those members? There are K-on girls.

http://youtu.be/DMofcIQiDmc

A tiny VF-25...lol

Griffith Park Hills

http://youtu.be/QLRTdl_xNeY

Oh, thanks for your reply. Many Japanese fans hate fansubbers, but they have the ability of using Japanese and the other languages. Hmm.

Yeah, I know. Even some western fans are conflicted about them. On the one hand, they provide the best way for western fans to enjoy certain shows (like, say, Dougram or Braigar...or 銀河英雄伝...or Macross 7 and Frontier) that would never be released officially in the west. On the other hand, they make it much easier for people to steal anime. It's a difficult situation, and I can see both sides pretty clearly.

Griffith Park Hills

I find this one interesting, because at some points in the video, the background seems to be modeled after the REAL Griffith Park, not the Frontier version. Maybe it's just my imagination...

Macross Zero goes with anything

I'll say it does!

And, uh... "Macross K [Kakizaki]":

Yeah, I know. Even some western fans are conflicted about them. On the one hand, they provide the best way for western fans to enjoy certain shows (like, say, Dougram or Braigar...or 銀河英雄伝...or Macross 7 and Frontier) that would never be released officially in the west. On the other hand, they make it much easier for people to steal anime. It's a difficult situation, and I can see both sides pretty clearly.

To be candid, I am one Japanese anime fan who don't like the piracy, but as for the Macross series, I regard them as "the exception."

The reasons?

A: Its fans respect the original. I thought the westerners have no esteem toward the eastern culture, so they think they can do what they want to do before. Because Robotech was like that. But now I know it is not correct. Even the Macross fans argued with the enemy; Robotech guys. I welcome it so badly.

B: The Macross fans are the victims of that shitty contract between Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko. That Japanese out-of-date anime company ruins many things about Macross. So many fans here blame HG, but it is Tatsunoko to be blamed. In 60s and 70s, the company was so great. They made Speed Racer, Gachaman (G-force), Inakappe Taisho, and so on. But after the founder has gone, it faded away so fast. To get money so easily, they made f**king contract with HG. They even tried to stop Big West and Kawamori's making the Macross series insisting on the copyright of SDF Macross in Japan. It became a court case in early 2000s. In the end, Big West/ Kawamori's side won. So that Frontier could be made. From those reasons, I can't celebrate Tastunoko's 50th Anniversary this year at all.

C: What is the theme of Macross? 2 opposite side have come to understand each other through the culture. If "Macross" itself were that kind of culuture, and people in the other countries could understand each other through it, it would be so Macross-like.

By the way, the piracy will be more difficult in Japan soon.

From the next October 1st, as for the illegal downloading, the penalties are imposed in Japan. Not to speak of the uploading.

And the most important thing is Japan seems to be the first country ratifies ACTA. That treaty has already passed by the House of Councillors.

To be candid, I am one Japanese anime fan who don't like the piracy, but as for the Macross series, I regard them as "the exception."

The reasons?

A: Its fans respect the original. I thought the westerners have no esteem toward the eastern culture, so they think they can do what they want to do before. Because Robotech was like that. But now I know it is not correct. Even the Macross fans argued with the enemy; Robotech guys. I welcome it so badly.

B: The Macross fans are the victims of that shitty contract between Harmony Gold and Tatsunoko. That Japanese out-of-date anime company ruins many things about Macross. So many fans here blame HG, but it is Tatsunoko to be blamed. In 60s and 70s, the company was so great. They made Speed Racer, Gachaman (G-force), Inakappe Taisho, and so on. But after the founder has gone, it faded away so fast. To get money so easily, they made f**king contract with HG. They even tried to stop Big West and Kawamori's making the Macross series insisting on the copyright of SDF Macross in Japan. It became a court case in early 2000s. In the end, Big West/ Kawamori's side won. So that Frontier could be made. From those reasons, I can't celebrate Tastunoko's 50th Anniversary this year at all.

C: What is the theme of Macross? 2 opposite side have come to understand each other through the culture. If "Macross" itself were that kind of culuture, and people in the other countries could understand each other through it, it would be so Macross-like.

By the way, the piracy will be more difficult in Japan soon.

From the next October 1st, as for the illegal downloading, the penalties are imposed in Japan. Not to speak of the uploading.

And the most important thing is Japan seems to be the first country ratifies ACTA. That treaty has already passed by the House of Councillors.

I agree completely, but that's not the topic of this thread...

Still slightly off-topic (this is the last one, I promise)...

A Japanese fan recently told me that the lyricist for Seikan Hikou originally wanted to call it "Seikan Hikou - Kira!" (星間飛行・キラッ!) which would make it the final part of the trilogy that began with 誘惑光線・クラッ! ("Yuuwaku Kousen - Kura!" or "Temptation Beam - Kura!")...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdI1pCZ7eYg

(And uh, make sure you watch until AT LEAST 0:45. IT'S WORTH IT!!)

...and continued with 赤道小町・ドキッ!("Sekidou Komachi - Doki!" or "Equitorial Beauty - Doki!"):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-G05cJg5XM

...and that concludes our "Seikan Hikou" history lesson.

I agree completely, but that's not the topic of this thread...

Well, so sorry. I sometimes talk too much. Because of the blood of the Zentradi? Can't control the desire. I need some medicine Guld Goa Bowman takes...

Here's my additional lesson. I think this is not so off-topic...

You know, Seikan Hikou's guitar riff resembles that of "Smoke on the Water's" by Deep Purple.

http://youtu.be/2WX_4FNoto4

I heard the reason is that the title "Seikan Hikou", in English "Interstellar Flight," came from the another song called "Space Truckin'" by the same band. Takashi Matsumoto, a very famous lyric writer, might have dedicated it to Deep Purple.

Edited by antibiotictab

A sliders show with much pics frot the serie and the movie.

The music reminds us when we were innocent

My first contact with Macross Plus, when I get the ovas, I don't saw the scene with Guld death.

Years later, I discover that there was a movie compiling the 4 eggs, with additional scenes.

They say (never confirmed) that the tailer inspired the creation of Ace Combat 0

Well, so sorry. I sometimes talk too much. Because of the blood of the Zentradi? Can't control the desire. I need some medicine Guld Goa Bowman takes...

I don't know...the medicine doesn't seem to work well for Guld...

Here's my additional lesson. I think this is not so off-topic...

You know, Seikan Hikou's guitar riff resembles that of "Smoke on the Water's" by Deep Purple.

I heard the reason is that the title "Seikan Hikou", in English "Interstellar Flight," came from the another song called "Space Truckin'" by the same band. Takashi Matsumoto, a very famous lyric writer, might have dedicated it to Deep Purple.

Yeah...I heard the similarity to "Smoke on the Water," but I didn't know about "Space Truckin'." Thanks!

A question, though... I wonder if the title of "Pink Monsoon" is a reference to the Pink Lady song, "Pink Typhoon"...?

A question, though... I wonder if the title of "Pink Monsoon" is a reference to the Pink Lady song, "Pink Typhoon"...?

Ah, The titles of those songs are so similar. And both songs were released from the Victor's labels; Victor Musical Industries (now Victor Entertainment) and Flying Dog (the anime division of Victor Entertainment).

But "Pink Typhoon" itself was not the original, because it was the cover song of Village People's famous "In the Navy."

Hmm. Village People...

┌(┌^o^)┐ホモォ... ウホッ! アッー!

Cover songs... I like these ones.

Seikan Hikou Filipino Fandub

http://youtu.be/FKgkQKqZFJ4

"Kislap!" and "Kira!" are almost the same meaning. lol

Northern Cross (Spanish?)

http://youtu.be/fpiKyUAB_aI

Edited by antibiotictab