The YF-30s egg carton can be raised during fighter mode for missile spamming goodness - and of boy does it even spam! Lol!

But interestingly, the YF-30 is also shown in that gameplay video firing missiles with the egg carton in the stowed position in fighter mode, with the missiles looking like they are coming from the underside of the plane. Possibly it has internal micro missile launchers in the legs, like the YF-29?

Graham

post-11-0-01197600-1360811563_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-18987200-1360811565_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-23121700-1360811566_thumb.jpg

Nice catch!

Tyrvalein, looks like someone spared you some work, lol. ;-)

Toldja so! lol

Yeah, looks like it. I'm still going to stay up to see if I can catch the valkyrie race though.

But interestingly, the YF-30 is also shown in that gameplay video firing missiles with the egg carton in the stowed position in fighter mode, with the missiles looking like they are coming from the underside of the plane. Possibly it has internal micro missile launchers in the legs, like the YF-29?

Graham

Well, the legs do look like they have internal launchers for missiles.

post-17865-0-99703100-1360813419_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TyrValein

Difficult to tell from that angle, can't see any ports. Could just be like the VF-25's legs with no launchers.

But I'm going with the theory that it does have the internal launchers.

Graham

I dunno, those rectangular sections on the shins look curiously like bay doors to me.

Did we know that the YF-30 has a high-speed mode prior to this? The tailfins fold down flat and seem to perfectly mesh in with the trailing edge of the wing, making it a delta-winged plane.

Well, yeah, we knew that. I think we mentioned it earlier (way earlier). You can see where the tailfins meet the body, that its on some kind of rotating pylon. Kawamori used the same design for the VF-25's tailfins (more apparent in the masterfile in the tailfin section) and you can see the same kind of pylon (only bigger) on the Shinden II he designed for Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.

The -25's fins don't "line up" with anything though, and they actually lay above the wings when flat. AFAIK. Does the masterfile show some different arrangement than the Frontier CGI show models and all the kits/toys?

The -30's appear to be exactly "inter-meshed" with the wings, not merely parallel to.

The -25's fins don't "line up" with anything though, and they actually lay above the wings when flat. AFAIK. Does the masterfile show some different arrangement than the Frontier CGI show models and all the kits/toys?

The -30's appear to be exactly "inter-meshed" with the wings, not merely parallel to.

Yes, but my point was that they have the same kind of rotating pylons that the YF-30 does. AFAIK they never showed the VF-25's ability to lay its tailfins flat ever, but the masterfile shows the capability is there.

I don't know about perfectly intermeshed. They only moved downwards, and there appears to be a small triangle of open space (the back of the wing) still. Its hard to tell with the video though.

I would have liked the egg carton NOT to be able to deploy in high-speed mode, but that doesn't seem to be the case judging from the video.

I wonder if alternate weapons pallets will be available in game for the egg carton to change it into a beam gun or combined beam gun/missile launcher.

Graham

AFAIK they never showed the VF-25's ability to lay its tailfins flat ever,

Isn't that part of the basic transformation to battroid mode? Or do you just mean in fighter mode? (and then, it does so when equipped with full armor)

I agree the only time we see anything akin to high-speed mode for the -25 (and in pure basic fighter form), it doesn't fold its fins though. (end of ep 13)

Difficult to tell from that angle, can't see any ports. Could just be like the VF-25's legs with no launchers.

But I'm going with the theory that it does have the internal launchers.

Graham

Maybe part of the "egg carton" isn't blocked on the bottom of the craft and the missiles are fired from the lower aft ports when stowed?

I tried recording this morning, but for some reason Snapz didn't save it. I'm kind of upset about that, but at least I got to see it at all. I thought it was funny how they couldn't get last marker before the finish line in the race until the third try.

I would have liked the egg carton NOT to be able to deploy in high-speed mode, but that doesn't seem to be the case judging from the video.

I wonder if alternate weapons pallets will be available in game for the egg carton to change it into a beam gun or combined beam gun/missile launcher.

Graham

Didn't Kawamori specifically state that you can switch the weapon bay out in different configurations? He only mentioned the beam cannon, but I don't think he specifically mentioned any others. If there even are any others besides the missiles and beam cannon. I really wanted to see the beam gun though...its a shame we didn't get to see it, though the valkyrie races were cool.

Isn't that part of the basic transformation to battroid mode? Or do you just mean in fighter mode? (and then, it does so when equipped with full armor)

I agree the only time we see anything akin to high-speed mode for the -25 (and in pure basic fighter form), it doesn't fold its fins though. (end of ep 13)

I meant in fighter mode. It doesn't fold its fins in flight, but yeah, the potential is there.

Maybe part of the "egg carton" isn't blocked on the bottom of the craft and the missiles are fired from the lower aft ports when stowed?

Could be it.

Edited by TyrValein

Phew, that's something of a relief. Screen's too blurry to read a lot of text on that gameplay video, and I'm not familiar enough with kanji to pick out what a lot of it says, but the right stick label on the control layout screen definitely starts with カメラ (ka-me-ra). ^_^

All those hours spent playing PSO2 are starting to pay off. :lol:

Edited by Chronocidal

Phew, that's something of a relief. Screen's too blurry to read a lot of text on that gameplay video, and I'm not familiar enough with kanji to pick out what a lot of it says, but the right stick label on the control layout screen definitely starts with カメラ (ka-me-ra). ^_^

All those hours spent playing PSO2 are starting to pay off. :lol:

My younger brother actually learned katakana just to play the Japanese servers of PSU. He put me to shame as his older brother (I'm so proud of him.)

But yeah, we can see that Real Flight mode is still here and that we have some sensitivity controls, normal and reverse flying controls...and the most important part: Custom soundtrackkkkkk!!!

My younger brother actually learned katakana just to play the Japanese servers of PSU. He put me to shame as his older brother (I'm so proud of him.)!!

Your little bro rocks dude! Katakana is an awesome skill to have and something that more importers should take the time to learn. A friend did the same thing back in highschool and it took him a week to get memorize the basics and another week or 2 to get accustomed to reading the katakana alphabet. After that he never had an issue with game settings or reading game case spines ever again!

Please... don't go for Ps4...

Seriously, why even make a comment like this?

The PS4, while being announced next week, won't even come out until the end of THIS YEAR whereas Macross 30 comes out at the end of THIS MONTH.

Moreover, the game is running on an engine that's not only built for the PS3 but wouldn't even exist if not for the 3 previous bluray hybrid packs that subsidized its development. In other words, without all those DYRL and Frontier movie sales a niche IP such as Macross wouldn't be coming to the PS3 - and you think BandaiNamco would put the extra dev costs into it to put it on the PS4 - a system which hasent been released yet and has no install base?

Right...

Your little bro rocks dude! Katakana is an awesome skill to have and something that more importers should take the time to learn. A friend did the same thing back in highschool and it took him a week to get memorize the basics and another week or 2 to get accustomed to reading the katakana alphabet. After that he never had an issue with game settings or reading game case spines ever again!

I tell him that every time I see him, haha. I'm rushing to get my katakana down now before release day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ofehj53VXEQ

Next Super Dimensional Seminar is up too! With all the hubbub from the Bamco live stream, I almost forgot about it!

Edited by TyrValein

Finally broke down and ordered the standard version of the game from CD Japan.

Now I've gotta buy a PS3 :p

Just wondering if it is worth also getting the two Frontier hybrid packs and the DYRL hybrid pack for the games, given that all the mecha from the Hybrid pack games (and more) will be in Macross 30 anyway.

Graham

Seriously, why even make a comment like this?

The PS4, while being announced next week, won't even come out until the end of THIS YEAR whereas Macross 30 comes out at the end of THIS MONTH.

Moreover, the game is running on an engine that's not only built for the PS3 but wouldn't even exist if not for the 3 previous bluray hybrid packs that subsidized its development. In other words, without all those DYRL and Frontier movie sales a niche IP such as Macross wouldn't be coming to the PS3 - and you think BandaiNamco would put the extra dev costs into it to put it on the PS4 - a system which hasent been released yet and has no install base?

Right...

You really get heated over what is just five nonsensical words...

Finally broke down and ordered the standard version of the game from CD Japan.

Now I've gotta buy a PS3 :p

Just wondering if it is worth also getting the two Frontier hybrid packs and the DYRL hybrid pack for the games, given that all the mecha from the Hybrid pack games (and more) will be in Macross 30 anyway.

Graham

I thought you had one already, for some reason. As for the hybrid packs -- it's worth it because Blu-ray!! The games are cool, but if you do not already have at least Sayonara and DYRL on BD and you are getting a PS3 you are seriously missing out, it's like watching them in a brand new light, especially DYRL. Highly, highly recommended, and if you can get the collector's editions, even better.