Has anyone else gotten an e-mail like this from AmiAmi? Would it be wise to place another order somewhere else just in case? :ph34r:

I haven't gotten a email like that but I preordered like the day they reopened it for the second time and cancelled my Play-asia order. I'm sure I am more then likely fine but still slighty concerned about my order now. Don't want to end up being locked out.

Edited by SkyYuyo

Haven't had any troubles or worrying emails from CDJapan on my preorder; but this is the first time I have ordered from them. I'm sure everything will be fine tho.

I'm assuming you can pick your songstress again for each mission, like the PSP version...(I hope!) but could you completely pick any combo?

VF25, Alto flying, Minmay singing?

What do you mean by not out yet?

"Not out yet" as in not on video till 4/24/2013 per CDJapan

Not everyone can get to Japan and see it in a theater. *sigh*

hm I think I'm gonna end up buying this afterall, as long as it's more entertaining and done with some originality to it I think I'll have a good time with the game. But if it's like all it's predecessors like the Trials and PSP games, it's gonna grow old so far fast.

I'm assuming you can pick your songstress again for each mission, like the PSP version...(I hope!) but could you completely pick any combo?

VF25, Alto flying, Minmay singing?

I don't see why not, since that is exactly what the PSP ones allowed you to do. Although I think Minmay needs to be rescued first now, or something. To be honest I haven't been paying that much attention to the story.

"Not out yet" as in not on video till 4/24/2013 per CDJapan

Not everyone can get to Japan and see it in a theater. *sigh*

OK, well, that's another issue, then. The movie "Ted" just came out in cinemas over here a couple of days ago, but I don't say to Americans and Europeans that the movie isn't out, because I know that's just *my* situation. Otherwise how far could you take it? "Not out yet" as in "I haven't watched it yet, duh"? The DVD is not out yet. The film has been released. I think these are objective truths.

Otherwise how far could you take it? "Not out yet" as in "I haven't watched it yet, duh"? The DVD is not out yet. The film has been released. I think these are objective truths.

Just clarifying what I meant, and yes, technically a misstatement.

I'll pencil in a public flogging when I have some free time :5: hee hee

While, like everyone else, I'm speculating here, I'd say that there isnt going to be any more fanservice in said scene than we got with Sheryl chasing her panties around school. This 'article' came from a three-line comment in the source blog. I think they are trolling for hits.

Also, screw people who ruin Famitsu Thursday for the rest of us. Stooopid interwebs.

It's rated CERO B (12& up) Doubt they will change that ~30 days before release So I don't think it will be slipping very far...

Yeah, it's a Macross game. I won't expect much. I'm just not much into fan service of this caliber.. Also hope it doesn't mean there'll be too much focus on character interaction ala visual novel style (didn't triangle Frontier have that? I skipped that game due to lack of time)

http://gematsu.com/2...suit-slip-event

latest update reveals lame fan service swimsuit scene

While, like everyone else, I'm speculating here, I'd say that there isnt going to be any more fanservice in said scene than we got with Sheryl chasing her panties around school. This 'article' came from a three-line comment in the source blog. I think they are trolling for hits.

Also, screw people who ruin Famitsu Thursday for the rest of us. Stooopid interwebs.

To be fair, it was kind of obvious that we'd get some kind of scene like that. Considering there's the same visual effect of that one picture of Sheryl in her swimsuit in the TGS trailer in the first gameplay trailer (and it showed Mina in a swimsuit too).

Yeah, it's a Macross game. I won't expect much. I'm just not much into fan service of this caliber.. Also hope it doesn't mean there'll be too much focus on character interaction ala visual novel style (didn't triangle Frontier have that? I skipped that game due to lack of time)

I think everyone's making it a bigger deal than it is. One scene of characters in their swimsuits in a game that'll probably be of decent length? Sounds better than most shows that make a whole episode out of it.

And as for hoping that there's not too much focus on character interaction, its an RPG. Why the heck would you want there not to be any focus on the characters? Especially when they've gone so far as to explain the original setting and characters? I understand not having the time, but a lot more of us would like a coherent story and character interaction than another of the PSP games where they were basically just a rehash of what we already knew.

sorry, off topic, but instead of opening another thread for it, i'll just ask it here.

Is the PSP Triangle Frontier getting a re-release as a "Best of PSP"? It looks from the CDJ link that one may be released in February. I can't tell for sure since no picture is available (I don't generally keep up with games but I'm interested in getting one for Macross fixes on the go). :) I ordered Macross 30 already.

http://www.cdjapan.c...?KEY=ULJS-19072

I haven't touched my PSP for years, does any of you know if it'll work with the original PSP (launch model or whatever you call it)?

Edited by locidm

To be fair, it was kind of obvious that we'd get some kind of scene like that. Considering there's the same visual effect of that one picture of Sheryl in her swimsuit in the TGS trailer in the first gameplay trailer (and it showed Mina in a swimsuit too). I think everyone's making it a bigger deal than it is. One scene of characters in their swimsuits in a game that'll probably be of decent length? Sounds better than most shows that make a whole episode out of it. And as for hoping that there's not too much focus on character interaction, its an RPG. Why the heck would you want there not to be any focus on the characters? Especially when they've gone so far as to explain the original setting and characters? I understand not having the time, but a lot more of us would like a coherent story and character interaction than another of the PSP games where they were basically just a rehash of what we already knew.

If anything, I'm most curious about whether actions you take in the game determines who wins the love triangle. The trailer gave me the impression that there'll be optional scenes with Aisha or Mina depending on choices the player makes as Leon.

Edited by KanonYF29

Anyone that pre-ordered from Amiami able to pay yet? Forgive me as I'm alittle worried since my order for Ni No Kuni got cancelled due to them being over sold on me tonight. So I don't want to be locked out on another game I'm looking forward to. Considering I pre-ordered this and that when they opened pre-orders back again for the second time.

Anyone that pre-ordered from Amiami able to pay yet? Forgive me as I'm alittle worried since my order for Ni No Kuni got cancelled due to them being over sold on me tonight. So I don't want to be locked out on another game I'm looking forward to. Considering I pre-ordered this and that when they opened pre-orders back again for the second time.

Amiami only asks for payment when it is ready to ship. I ordered this early, and no problems so far on my end.

To be fair, it was kind of obvious that we'd get some kind of scene like that. Considering there's the same visual effect of that one picture of Sheryl in her swimsuit in the TGS trailer in the first gameplay trailer (and it showed Mina in a swimsuit too). I think everyone's making it a bigger deal than it is. One scene of characters in their swimsuits in a game that'll probably be of decent length? Sounds better than most shows that make a whole episode out of it. And as for hoping that there's not too much focus on character interaction, its an RPG. Why the heck would you want there not to be any focus on the characters? Especially when they've gone so far as to explain the original setting and characters? I understand not having the time, but a lot more of us would like a coherent story and character interaction than another of the PSP games where they were basically just a rehash of what we already knew.

Was just sharing an update (what little of it), chill out.

About character interaction - I didn't say I didn't want any, I simply meant I was hoping the focus of it wouldn't be too much. I'm ok with some character interaction, but hope it doesn't end up as a visual novel style kinda segment, where heavy knowledge of japanese would be required. That would suck for many of us who do not speak it. Also, as a personal opinion, I just wanna fly around and spam missles like most Macross games (albeit in a bigger environment, with longer missions and in glorious HD).

Wow. Just..wow. talk about being blown out of proportion.

The whole swimming/slippage thing has come from ONE screenshot. Which is at the bottom of a two page spread.

Namely, THIS:

post-9325-0-55077700-1359008532_thumb.jpg

However there was a lot more of interest on that page, such as the all-new series title-card sort of illustrations for each Macross series at the top of the page. Oh and valks. And new screenshots.

As always, the net focuses on what it wants to unfortunately.

Enjoy the scans!

Famitsu 01_24.pdf

Thanks for the scans....and fella's...let's not JUUUUUUUMP to conclusions (mat).

Thanks! It's always nice to be thanked for slipping into the photocopy room with the office copy of famitsu when no-one is watching :)

In all seriousness though, when I realized that the 'reports' popping up on other sites were translations of text that not only didnt actually appear in famitsu but were comments based on a single tiny image, I felt that someone had to set the record straight.

Wow. Just..wow. talk about being blown out of proportion.

The whole swimming/slippage thing has come from ONE screenshot. Which is at the bottom of a two page spread.

Namely, THIS:

post-9325-0-55077700-1359008532_thumb.jpg

However there was a lot more of interest on that page, such as the all-new series title-card sort of illustrations for each Macross series at the top of the page. Oh and valks. And new screenshots.

As always, the net focuses on what it wants to unfortunately.

Enjoy the scans!

Famitsu 01_24.pdf

Really liking the Isamu colour YF-29. Hope Bandai releases the toy in that colour.

I still find it curious that they have Isamu in a YF-29, rather than his trademark YF-19.

Graham

I still find it curious that they have Isamu in a YF-29, rather than his trademark YF-19.

Well, they have shown both. I guess he upgrades at some point?

Anyway, if they're gonna make a toy, I'd much rather they make the Ozma variant YF-29 first.

Well, they have shown both. I guess he upgrades at some point?

He is a (test?) pilot for SMS per Sayonara no Tsubasa, so not too surprising he would score the newest prototype Valk. Especially one with backswept wings.

(Not surprising he would "leave" the military for a looser private company either!)

Now the real question is... Since the YF-29 has a fold quartz system for receiving and projecting fold waves.....

Can Isamu now insult and berate people by projecting his consciousness into fold space? He's got enough strength of will and ego to do it.

FTL Trashtalking FTW.

He can be his own Sharon Apple, projecting, insulting, and distracting the hell out of other people while they are trying to fly. Heck, he's bad enough just on the radio chatter. Imagine him being able to send raw emotion and ego at range.

(Yeah, I know, would only work with/on other people that are connected to fold space, but still would be hilarious...... just.... just don't let him see Sheryl Nome fold projecting while he is... things would get... interesting.)

Edited by Kaldar5

OK, got about a month to go. Everybody getting PUMPED?!

Super pumped! If Mari Iijima did any duets with any Frontier cast there will be a slightly used copy of Macross 30 up for sale at my funeral estate sale... because I will most certinaly be dead from the goodness.

Minmay + Ranka? Can't imagine. Both of them hitting those great high notes, with Mari Iijima doing that soft close whipser low notes and Megumi Nakajima singing with this huge genuine smile you can literally hear. Head 'asplode.

Hell if she didn't for this game I'm tempted to look into a kickstarter for her to do it. Minmay "Aimo, Aimo"? Hell yeah.

By the way, everyone should hear the last song she wrote on her "Mari Iijima sings Lynn Minmay" album, "Why?" The song was written for (DYRL) Minmay's perspective; waiting for Hikaru to return, and finding he ended up with Misa. It's very well done, first half in English, second in Japanese. Since she lives in the US, so her English is damn good.

---

I do feel kinda bad when people ask Mari Iijima directly about Macross 30, Macross 30th aniversary, 30, 30, 30.

She still has an incredible voice that hasn't changed at all except for getting better at English, and she still passes for a cute 2# something....

But people should maybe have a bit of tact mentioning specifically how many years have gone by.