How is the guide book? Any line art of the YF-30 or good large pics of the mecha. I'll buy it if its good clear pics of Isamu's YF-29.

Yes, I'm loving the game. Really enjoy trying to get as many kissls as I can in fighter mode. Just wish the ceiling was higher though.

46 hours into the game on my first play through and still only on story mission 5-2, as I'm spending most of my time on Hunter's Guild quests and flying around blowing stuff up :D

And being OCD I have to tune up all the mecha I'v got (except the DLC YF-30, which I refuse to use as it's ugly).

Graham

Same here on the OCD two play throughs so far at 180+ hours did normal first then ultimate difficulty and did ever quest both times, plan to do that on my third run too and all my pilots and Valks will be maxed and I will have 100% of all the trophies too by getting the last ending. I will open the book when I can get off work and let you know, still have it and the last book in the wrappers tempted to leave them that way but what the heck the game was opened so why not.

hey I finally found a great video walktrough of the game part 01

Is some more on there... now I just need someone translate the whole thing and put some subtitle to it... lol

yeah blaster there is who I was talking about earlier, he is putting up vids of his entire play through.

Here you go Graham not the best vid in the world but it will do for a preview, Its the guide minus the jacket.

Sorry I didn't have the time to set it up better. Been to busy at work lately.

Also for some reason youtube flipped the video upside down.

EDIT Give it about an hour to appear, it takes youtube a bit to render a 559+mb 1080p video.

I will upload the video to my program later and flip it back right the reupload it sometime later. Its good enough for now to let you see what's in it.

Edited by Sorata

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finished the game....only started doing the quests near the end

Just wondering the replay value on it?

I moved up to ultimate difficulty but is there much point going thru again? Also seems with level III your fighters would be way over powering

Is there any things different playing thru again?

Been playing since shortly after the game came out. Did another 5 Hunter 's Guild quests and 1 main quest yesterday. Now on main quest number 7-4.

Limited time to play, so it's taking me a while to work through the game.

Going through the Hunter's Guild quests as they become available.

Should finally be getting the Tornado Pack soon, yay!

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

So I've seriously been contemplating picking up this game but I don't read or speak Japanese. Is this game playable for a guy like me? How hard are the menus to navigate? Is there a english translation guide out there? thanks

MW member Zoroastres has created an excellent English language guide to the game. Please read this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38660 (which is located just a few threads below this thread :p)

Many us us here don't read or speak a word of Japanese, but with the above guide can play the game without problem.

Graham

Finally got the grey YF-29 (level 8-1), awesome plane. Had the Ozma version, but didn't like it as no beam turret.

Graham

Ozma's YF-29 is one of the best end game crafts, with beam turret (sub 3) replaced by 4x damage increase!

I just completed Macross 30 today and it was amazing! 50 hours of great gameplay and story (although I was only able to follow it loosely with my rudementary Japanese). The soundtrack was brilliant (Haruka Chigusa is a perfect singer and seiyuu, Mina-kun & kz-kun <3). I'd like to thank Zoroastres for the English translation guide, it was very helpful. Although I'd appreciate if it had a complete chapter by chapter synopsis (it only goes up to chapter 3 if I remember).

Would some one mind explaining some of the sub plots I might have missed? I couldn't quite get the connection between Leon, Rodd and Mia, or the specifics behind the protoculture ruins and Yuruvua-Aga(?) device. I plan to play through it again and hope to obsorb more of the story, I wish there could be an anime series adaptation.

Ah, so that's what the glowing field is around Ozma's YF-29 is for sub weapon 3.

Still, I prefer the beam turret for the YF-29, it's one of the defining features of the 29 and it seems strange not having it. I love flying around in the 29 and Tornado pack equipped 25 and zapping things with the turret from any angle.

Graham

I just started Ultimate not long ago. Although the VF-25's and YF-29's are very nice, I prefer the Plus era VFs because their gunpods do very high DPS (even better than the high end crafts imo). I am currently just grinding parts and money to build all the level 2 and level 3 crafts. Level 3 VF-22S here we go.

Finally found time to finish the first go around and started the second time through.

Love being able to use Basara and Fire Valkyrie. I love that instead of firing missiles two of the weapons Basara sings instead, typical of himself in 7. You can listen to try again again and again during gameplay. :)

I don't understand Japanese either. My understanding was that Leon is Mia's brother, and Roto is Mia's boy friend? It seems to me Roto blames Leon for Mia's death in an accident and hasn't gotten over it. Can somebody confirm?

Still on first play through. At 100 hours and on level 8-5.

This game has been really fun and great value for money. Can't wait for my second play through.Going to try ultimate difficulty.

Still deciding which character to use next time round.

Can anybody tell me what is the sub weapon 3 for Isamu's YF-29?

Graham

I need some advice from the "English is your mother tongue, and don't know a lick of Japanese" forum members.

Should I buy this game? I'd love to play it, but I won't understand the story, or be able to know what to do in the missions, or even get through the training phase of the game - though I could muck around until I get it right.

I just seems to me that this game is like the Gundam games that's available to us North Americans, how can I progress and enjoy it fully, if all I can do is just jet around and get into random battles, without doing the missions cause there's no point. I won't know what my mission abjectives are, and I won't really care, cause I won't understand what's going on during the missions or when it advances the story.

I guess my biggest gripe is; if it doesn't have at least english subs, will this be a waste of my money.

I appolgize for my above rant.

I just read more of this thread and my questions are mostly answered, with Graham's post here;

MW member Zoroastres has created an excellent English language guide to the game. Please read this thread: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=38660 (which is located just a few threads below this thread :p)

Many us us here don't read or speak a word of Japanese, but with the above guide can play the game without problem.

Graham

I'm still undecided...

• 4 weeks later...

Since I don't own a PS3, I've been reduced to watching LPs on Youtube to get my info on this game so far. One thing I really liked was the mothership, which is a modified Northampton-class of some sort. Does anyone have any good pictures and/or official specs on it (the specific variant of it, that is)? It looks absolutely perfect for a Macross RPG campaign, if you want a ship big enough to handle VFs but not so large you'll need a thousand page manifesto to cover the crew...

• 10 months later...