Play-Asia misprinted the limited adition as BLAS-10182. BLAS means a PS3 Asian version whereas BLJS means Japanese version...

...Unless there really is an Asian version...

For those who got the limited edition, was there any design art featuring the YF-30? Just curious.

Yes...it's line art of the YF-30's head inside the last page of the character art booklet.

Huh. I thought it was stated that there would be optional weapons for the pod. Or maybe that's just supposed to be the case and you never actually get to use them.

No it was stated that that was how the plane was designed. the concept was that it had a built-in, swappable weapons container. While I havent watched all the supplementary materials yet, afaik it was never explicitly stated that you could swap the module in-game, although seeing that the YF-30 was designed specifically for the game i can see why one my be disappointed if it doesnt actually include this feature. Then again, could be a technical limitation since none of the other valks have a feature like that. Possible material for a sequel? :-)

another question: is there an option to turn off having the songstresses just popping up in the middle of the screen during special attacks? that got really annoying just during that gameplay video.

another question: is there an option to turn off having the songstresses just popping up in the middle of the screen during special attacks? that got really annoying just during that gameplay video.

They don't just 'pop up''. They are a support ability that can be activated by the player. You don't have to use them if you don't want to although IMO, since music IS one of the three main pillars of Macross and the games plot IS about the songstress being gathered together, you'd be missing out if you chose not to use them.

I'm just meaning about the picture flying up on the screen.

No, they cannot be turned off. But they only come up for support abilities not your other special attacks (which you will probably use a lot more). The whole point of that video was to show off the singers along with the action, which is why they featured them so prominently.

According to 4gamer, Macross 30 sold 9,294 copies in its second week, dropping it to no. 17 on the weekly charts with a total of 72.383 copies sold.

Not terrible considering what a niche game it is, although I was hoping it might hit the 100,000 mark - something that is looking unlikely, unfortunately.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/117/G011794/20130313072/

I'm just meaning about the picture flying up on the screen.

I think technically there is a way to "turn it off". In the hangar screen you can choose your support character. I imagine if you choose no support character then you won't have to deal with they're picture taking over your screen during SP attacks. You won't get their bonus, but who really needs it anyway.

Yeah, finishing the first playthrough unlocks a ton of characters, and their valks (or other mechs in the case of a few characters). After the first play through, you can play as whoever you want, and fill your group with whoever you want, flying whatever you want, carrying whatever singer you want.*

Plot relevant messages will still come from the correct characters though, and on occasion, you might not have access to one or more of the main characters depending on the plot.

*Basara is a special case. He will only fly the Fire Valk, and he's the only pilot who can fly it. He can however ride in your backseat in whatever valk you want to fly as someone else. :p

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in any of the various M30 threads we have going, but I noticed today that there is a Gamlin Diamond Force paint job for the VF-171EX. I thought that was a nice touch, especially since the VF-17's didn't make it into this game.

photo1-3_zpsde13a894.jpg

photo2-3_zps0c5cc7ca.jpg