The user said he would take a bath and not decide what to do after that.

Well, it's 0:20 am in Japan and time to go to bed.

I got booted off that stream (limited for free users).

The 2nd link I posted above is pretty smooth. The guy's using the VF-1 (probably VF-1A).

Interestingly enough, saw him use an item to "revive" himself every time he got shot down and was about to crash land...

Yeah, he's also repairing himself. I did notice the Restoration Kit aside from the Repair KIt in the shop, so I assume that's what its for, reviving yourself. Its funny how the enemy YF-29 is using the beam gunpod in beam mode. So basically every valk gets a sniper rifle except for those who have a beam mode for their gunpod? I also like how the battles are taking forever. It takes a really long time to take down a bandit ship and this YF-29 battle is taking a while. Yeah, its a bit slower paced, but its still frenetic.

Yeah, he's also repairing himself. I did notice the Restoration Kit aside from the Repair KIt in the shop, so I assume that's what its for, reviving yourself. Its funny how the enemy YF-29 is using the beam gunpod in beam mode. So basically every valk gets a sniper rifle except for those who have a beam mode for their gunpod? I also like how the battles are taking forever. It takes a really long time to take down a bandit ship and this YF-29 battle is taking a while. Yeah, its a bit slower paced, but its still frenetic.

Indeed. That 2nd link just gunned down a battleship and fought ______. Lotsa missle spammings... looking pretty damn fun. Hope it doesn't get too frustrating dying hahaha

Indeed. That 2nd link just gunned down a battleship and fought ______. Lotsa missle spammings... looking pretty damn fun. Hope it doesn't get too frustrating dying hahaha

Anyone notice the YF-29B Perceval - Rod Baltmar Custom on the loading screen?

wow, that looks fun,, may need a different region ps3

You don't. This game is region free.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perceval,_the_Story_of_the_Grail

They sure do love their myths!

Edited by TyrValein

Maybe it is just me, but the map looks a little small (perhaps it explains why the flying speed was reduced). Anyway not an issue, as it looks like i'll be lost flying around anyway hahaha

Well its only one area and the starting one at that. It still takes a while to fly anywhere and once you add in all the times you are randomly attacked.... Also, theres Fold Stones that warp you to places on the map that you cant necessarily see....

wow, that looks fun,, may need a different region ps3

Nope, you don't. PS3 is region free.

Anyone notice the YF-29B Perceval - Rod Baltmar Custom on the loading screen?

Actually its shown waaaay before any loading screens, but I'll stop before I get into spoiler territory.

Well its only one area and the starting one at that. It still takes a while to fly anywhere and once you add in all the times you are randomly attacked.... Also, theres Fold Stones that warp you to places on the map that you cant necessarily see....

Actually its shown waaaay before any loading screens, but I'll stop before I get into spoiler territory.

Well, I imagine THAT scene is at the beginning of the game since its setup, but this is the first time I've seen the name. Also, don't forget to make the separate "FOR HELP ONLY - Macross 30" topic sometime! Posting your own notes in there would be helpful for us too!

Perhaps I'm super paranoid here, but would like to triple confirm.

I am aware that US PS3s are region-free with games and same BD region as Japan, but can US PS3s access JAP games' DLC using a JAP PSN account but via non-JAP IP addresses? My work requires LOTS of traveling, so I would like to know whether JAP PSN account REQUIRE JAP IP addresses for the DLC to work.

Thanks in advance.

I haven't verified this myself yet, but someone did post a guide to setting up a Japanese PSN account for accessing the included download of the old PSX DYRL game that came with the bluray DYRL box. You might have to do some translation, but I don't believe the accounts themselves are locked to any region's IP.

Now, whether that means you'll be able to use a non-Japanese credit card for purchasing any DLC remains to be seen. I know Sega is picky about who can buy credits for PSO2 (you need a Japanese credit card, a Japanese address, and have to answer a bunch of kanji captchas to spend any money on that game). Whether you can just go on the Japanese PSN and buy things with a credit card from another country, I can't say.

The only psn content that are iplocked are movies or oav,i remember that one bonus oav with a gundam was locked

As far the few dlc i have with jp games work perfectly in an EU PS3 system (another century episode R ,hokuto musou etc..),you can purchase some dlc too if you purchase psn card before,(you just need create a "fake" jp account)

And you can play in your normal account with every dlc too

I am aware that US PS3s are region-free with games and same BD region as Japan, but can US PS3s access JAP games' DLC using a JAP PSN account but via non-JAP IP addresses? My work requires LOTS of traveling, so I would like to know whether JAP PSN account REQUIRE JAP IP addresses for the DLC to work.

Thanks in advance.

Yes you can access it I created a Japanese account on my PS3 and was able to redeem the Macross DYRL PS1 game from the Japanese PSN store using a DLC code that came with the bluray release of the movie. After downloading and installing it under my Japanese account I can play it even using my American PS3 account. I believe all downloads work that way.

Have had 'Planet Cradle' and 'Wandering' on repeat all morning and I gotta say that I really like both songs - I kinda wish we got more than just the two.

Todays Famitsu has 7 pages dedicated to Macross - 4 to Macross 30, 2 to an interview with Kawamori about Macross 30, and 1 to the upcoming concert in July.

Also, are there codes for Macross live crossover concert tickets? Supposedly there are 100 tickets to be given away to limited edition buyers.

The Crossover Live 30 codes work pretty much the way I predicted they would - theres a dedicated website where you can register the code that came with your copy of the game between now and May. After this, 100 codes will be selected at random and the winners notified.

I'm hoping that we get Macross the Ride valks as DLC. Really want to fly the YF-19 Active Nothung

Pffft! I want some Musicalture characters! Sonia for a support character? Heck yes! (and, no, I dont think either of our wishes has a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening ^^; )

Oh, and don't forget the new Macross 30 topic for people who need help with the game, Tochiro!

Will start it up now, although I wont be contributing to it much since my gaming time is usually limited to half a day each weekend, max (Dont work for Japanese companies kids, they'll chew up your private life, spit it out, laugh in your face, then demand more overtime work). So it will be a bit of a ghost town for the next few days until people start getting their copies of the game.

Also, I'd like this thread to keep going for reviews, impressions, etc.

All you need is a JPN PSN account. When it comes to paid DLC, you will probably need to order a PSN card from Japan (I'm presuming you dont have a Japanese credit card). Rather than being IP-locked, PSN DLC is locked to the region that the disc is for - but they dont warn you about this. Therefore, If I have an Australian version of Borderlands 2, I can pay for and download extra DLC campaigns from US PSN but they wont work with the game. But since Macross 30 is a Japan only release, you have absolutely nothing to worry about.

Hmm, why do I suddenly get the feeling that some of the different endings will involve wether Leon ends up with Aisha or Mina?

Wait... you thought it could be something else???

The only other ending possibility is that Minmay dies from the space rabies she got from Ranka...I keed, I keed!

SOME IMPRESSIONS - 100% SPOILER FREE

This is the Macross game I dreamt of as kid and the reason for this can be summed up in three words - 'sense of wonder.' Oh, i'll throw another one in there too - 'fun'. Once the world map opens up after training (which is worked in fairly well to the story progression imo), you'll just want to fly around - see how far you can go, how high you can fly, who you can blow up.

Moreover, only a couple of hours in and I already care for the new lead characters. While the main pull of this game (apart from the valks) for me is the legacy characters, the new characters and world are set up well enough so that I wouldnt mind a game just about them (so heres hoping that we get more original games out of the engine, not just rehashes of the same old stories like we got with the PSP games). Also, imo, theres a lot of similarities/influence from the Musicalture in these characters and their relationships (or maybe its just that they developed the two projects in parallel?).

All story scenes are fully voiced and (so far) are great. The only parts not voiced are the hunter guild sub quests.

Gameplay feels like an evolution of Artdinks work on the PSP games. Controls are a little more complicated but once you get used to them they work fine - flying at top speed towards the hunters guild, then hitting the gerwalk rapid-break before changing to Batroid and landing on the exact right spot never gets old. Overall gameplay seems a little slower than it was in the PSP games, however theres a lot more to do/going on on-screen, so the speed is just right imo (personally, I feel that it strikes a good balance between the speed of the PSP games and the more weighty feel of combat in AM2's PS2 game - something I found pleasantly surprising!).

There IS a ceiling to how high you can fly (its not quite as high as I had hoped) and a boundary to the area of the world map you are in, although theres plenty to do in each area (so far) so the boundaries really arent all that noticieable. Boundaries ARE narrower on certain missions that restrict you to a certain area/objective.

BGM is very JRPG-esque - the world map music even reminds me a bit of Final Fantasy 13.

Anyways, thats it from me for now. Will start that other hints & help thread now. Looking forward to hearing everyones impressions as copies of the game start to arrive!

Edited by Tochiro

Have had 'Planet Cradle' and 'Wandering' on repeat all morning and I gotta say that I really like both songs - I kinda wish we got more than just the two.

Hopefully this is the start of a long and fruitful career for Miss Chisuga. :)

Wait... you thought it could be something else???

The only other ending possibility is that Minmay dies from the space rabies she got from Ranka...I keed, I keed!

Uh-huh, you better be kidding or I'll send my Gundams after you. :)

I'm a little disappointed that the main site hasn't been updated and except for a link on the top page to a questionnaire that you need codes from your game manual to activate. Apparently you can get a nice shiny wallpaper for it.

Oh and my reaction to seeing a Livestream of the opening sequence of the game? Like this:

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

Heh, there is one phrase that all Macross fans can relate to: Deculture!!

Yeah, when I explained you were viewing the stream from outside of Japan and about MW, some Japanese guys left the same comments; Deculture! :lol: