You know they gotta be holding back Roy Fokker for DLC. The profit would be huge.

Would be a total mess on Paradoxes with Hikaru trying to keep him from dying and then dooming everyone by doing so, but nothing stops DLC profit, not even time paradoxes.

----

They better have VF-25 Armor packs ¬_¬

Well, we're not so sure there will be any paradoxing happening. I thought we were assuming for the obligatory memory-wipe/all timelines return to normal as per usual for time travel stories of this caliber?

As for the Armored Packs, I'm not sure if its in or not but since I didn't see it...

I'm more curious about the fact that they made default, non-custom versions of most valkyries (they're grey colored). The VF-25A being in is a nice surprise too.

The thing I'm most curious about most though is the valkyrie genealogy. I'm wondering if we get all the valks in a straight progression to the YF-30 through story progression, if there can be gaps in the chart if you rush through the game, or if you can get some valks early if you find their schematics in the field or an enemy drops it (though this would obviously depend on what field you're at, which is probably related to where you are in the game).

Given the cost of hiring Kamiya to do some lines and the comparatively small number of SDFM fans compared to frontier fans, then add in approval, QA and digital publishing costs and i cant see how it would end up as anything other than a financial loss actually.

Regardless, I dont see the point in speculating further at this point. If theres any Day 1 DLC, Japanese PSN will have the relevant information posted tomorrow.

In the recent VF polls, Roy Fokker's VF-1S topped the charts. I would be the least bit surprised if they released him as a DLC.

As for story wise, I see very little issue with this, since he will likely be a free-play mode only character, and by my guess, there will be very little interaction (plot wise or at all) for all of the different timeline characters in free play mode.

Edited by SaitouSad

In the recent VF polls, Roy Fokker's VF-1S topped the charts. I would be the least bit surprised if they released him as a DLC.

As for story wise, I see very little issue with this, since he will likely be a free-play mode only character, and by my guess, there will be very little interaction (plot wise or at all) for all of the different timeline characters in free play mode.

There's a free mode? I know that once you beat the game you can new game+ but I didn't know there was a free mode. It would be nice if they let you set up opponents to fight against like in the PSP games.

The file name. :lol:

Is "flying get" used in English-speaking world? lol

No, its completely 和製英語.

Damn. Amiami hasn't asked me to pay up yet...should I be worried? :(

No. the game hasnt officially been released yet so theres no need to worry. Edited by Tochiro

There's a free mode? I know that once you beat the game you can new game+ but I didn't know there was a free mode. It would be nice if they let you set up opponents to fight against like in the PSP games.

New Game + eh? I was under the impression it was (and likely be) some free play mode, with extra missions and etc...

Special indeed :-)

attachicon.gifフラゲ!.JPG

Look forward to impressions :D

Yeah, you guys are such bastards! As penance, you have to write all the English translations to all the menus and dialogue by the day of official release! :p

Right. We talked earilier about starting a new thread with game info. This is no longer "New game announced"

While sites like GameFaqs and the like will certainly have playthrus and basic translations...

We are the ones that care enough to translate STORY, and probably the only ones obcessed enough to do it. Otherwise it probably just won't be done.

Also, are there codes for Macross live crossover concert tickets? Supposedly there are 100 tickets to be given away to limited edition buyers.

For now, I'm signing off this topic till I get mine, don't wanna spoil the unboxing.

On the livestream, I saw them checking out their Valks in the hangar, test-transforming through the three modes and Leon flying into something that looks like a Northhampton-class? Hmm, here I thought SMS Ouroboros had a Macross Quarter-class...

Heh, there is one phrase that all Macross fans can relate to: Deculture!!

Edited by VF-15 Banshee

On the livestream, I saw them checking out their Valks in the hangar, test-transforming through the three modes and Leon flying into something that looks like a Northhampton-class? Hmm, here I thought SMS Ouroboros had a Macross Quarter-class...

Oh, you are the one who left some English comments on the streaming. lol

The guy who explained about Macross World in Japanese was me. lol

Oh, you are the one who left some English comments on the streaming. lol

The guy who explained about Macross World in Japanese was me. lol

Yeah, that's me. I should be in bed right now, it's about 4:30 AM right now.

It looks like you might have changed your VF-0's paint scheme from blue to a kind of turquoise? If so, that is FRAKIN' AWESOME.

Does anyone remember that feeling they got the first time they stepped out onto the world map in FF7? Or was first let loose in a liberty City? Yeah, just had one of those moments. Eegads there's....so much to shoot!

Yeah, from the streams I'm looking at it looks like there's a lot more space (and enemies) to the fields than any of us even guessed.

Hm...seems like there was a mixup for my AmiAmi shipping...I could have sworn I selected EMS but it says its shipping under SAL...That's not good.

Well, I still have our second copy coming from Play-Asia, but its almost release day and it hasn't even shipped yet...anyone else ordered from Play-Asia and their copy hasn't shipped yet?

Edited by TyrValein

There's another stream available here

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv128186640?ref=ser&zroute=search&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B930

Maybe it is just me, but the map looks a little small (perhaps it explains why the flying speed was reduced). Anyway not an issue, as it looks like i'll be lost flying around anyway hahaha

Also, saw him accessing his hangar. Apart from the VF-0A, he seemed to have the DLC YF-29 (Sheryl/Ranka decal ver) available. I guess the DLC codes unlock those for use immediately?

Edit: Found another one with pretty good streaming

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gine22

Edited by SaitouSad

There's another stream available here

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv128186640?ref=ser&zroute=search&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B930

Maybe it is just me, but the map looks a little small (perhaps it explains why the flying speed was reduced). Anyway not an issue, as it looks like i'll be lost flying around anyway hahaha

Also, saw him accessing his hangar. Apart from the VF-0A, he seemed to have the DLC YF-29 (Sheryl/Ranka decal ver) available. I guess the DLC codes unlock those for use immediately?

Yeah, that's the stream I'm watching right now. I dunno, it looked like the YF-29 Marking had really low stats. Comparable with the VF-0 almost, though its maximum tuning was higher. I'm sure they did that so people wouldn't get an unfair advantage from using it so early in the game. I was waiting for him to use the gunpod's beam mode!

Nice! Better quality, thanks!

Edited by TyrValein

Yeah, that's the stream I'm watching right now. I dunno, it looked like the YF-29 Marking had really low stats. Comparable with the VF-0 almost, though its maximum tuning was higher. I'm sure they did that so people wouldn't get an unfair advantage from using it so early in the game. I was waiting for him to use the gunpod's beam mode!

Nice! Better quality, thanks!

I got booted off that stream (limited for free users).

The 2nd link I posted above is pretty smooth. The guy's using the VF-1 (probably VF-1A).

Interestingly enough, saw him use an item to "revive" himself every time he got shot down and was about to crash land...

Edited by SaitouSad